• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Spooks and Ghouls~ Ghost-type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
Years
Spooks and Ghouls

7b1715f8-c9e3-4884-b719-5f188085cf24_zps154d1969.jpg
Ghost-type Fan Club
ace95a3e-4cff-40ee-9e60-6e91317f52ef_zps692bb169.jpg

Theme Song
Spoiler:

Welcome, welcome all! We are fans of the spooky and the kooky Ghost-type Pokemon, from the Ghastly Gastly, to the Terrifying Trevenant! We will discuss anything and everything discussing these lovely Pokemon, from episodes featuring our spooky friends, any Halloween hijinks we can think of, and much more! So if you love Ghost-type Pokemon, join right away! But beware, you'll be in for a scare!

Rules
1. Follow all of PC's rules. If you do not, I will PERSONALLY haunt you!
2. No spamming, trolling or harassment of any club member. You will be immediately removed.
3. Try to keep active! We Ghost-type lovers enjoy having fun! ;D
4. Everyone can choose one Ghost Pokemon from the list upon joining, and a nickname for your ghostly partner if you so desire!
5. Enjoy yourselves! We're all here to have fun!

Spook of the Week
Spoiler:

Sign-Up Form
Username:
Partner Pokemon:
Reason for joining:
Answer the current topic!:

List Of Pokemon
Spoiler:

Member List
Spoiler:

Current Topic
There's a ghost under your bed! Use this Pokemon Generator to find out which Ghost is lurking underneath your bed... (Make sure it's selected as ONE Pokemon, and a Ghost-type.

Last edited:

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Username: CloysterOyster
Partner Pokemon: Sableye
Reason for joining: Who doesn't love Ghost-types? Dark, spooky and powerful.
Answer the current topic: I love them because of their dark and ominous nature. Their moves are powerful and malicious. Love the designs of a lot of them too.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years

Sounds fun!

Username: Logical Cabbage
Partner Pokemon: Giratina
Reason for Joining:
Ghost types are cool in their own creepy way and plus I've used some that are awesome in battle, like Drifblim, Froslass, Giratina, and the Litwick stage. I know, mostly Sinnoh ghost, but nevertheless, moves like Shadow Ball are amazingly strong, well except to normal types. And psychic types can't beat them!

Answer Topic: Why do you love Ghost types?
Easy. They are badass awesome! Fighting types nor normal types can kill them, and ghost moves like Shadow Ball can send foes to oblivion! I admit I never really used ghost types until Sinnoh. Giratina was awesome and powerful and Shadow Force was awesome!

MurkMire

Years
Welcome to you, Logical Cabbage! I already updated the member's list, and you're now a member of Spooks and Ghouls!

Oh, and a surprise to all of my lovely members~ I'll be doing a couple of things for the club. The first of which I'll reveal when we get... a certain number of members. ;) So, if your friends love Ghost-types, bring them here!

Then, we can begin having fun!

Hero of Twilight

Rest in Peace Iwata.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 5, 2016
Ghost type club had rebooted??? MUST JOIN!

Name: BlackMagicMaster
Partner: Mismagius
Reason for joining: Ghost type is my favorite type in the series, so i would be insane not to join this club
Topic answer: Why do you love ghost types? I love ghost types because of the interesting backstories that most have. Examples: include yamask and pumkaboo

MurkMire

Years
Ghost type club had rebooted??? MUST JOIN!

Name: BlackMagicMaster
Partner: Mismagius
Reason for joining: Ghost type is my favorite type in the series, so i would be insane not to join this club
Topic answer: Why do you love ghost types? I love ghost types because of the interesting backstories that most have. Examples: include yamask and pumkaboo

Welcome! I just added you to the Member List, happy to have you here. Welcome to Spooks and Ghouls!

GastlyGibus

I'm battin' a thousand!
Years
Username: GastlyGibus (or GG)
Partner Pokemon: Cofagrigus
Reason for joining: Because Ghost types are the best, as I will explain below.
Answer the current topic!: Well, besides trolling gym leader Brawly in R/S/E with Sableye, there's a variety of reasons. Their designs are pretty awesome, creepy and cool at the same time. They have complete immunity to fighting and normal attacks, which is pretty awesome. They can use the special version of the move Curse, and their only real weaknesses are Dark types and other Ghosts. What's not to love about ghosts types?

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
Years
Oh hot dog - a ghost type fan club :D Sign me uppppp

Username: Polar Spectrum
Partner Pokemon: Mismagius
Reason for joining: 2 of my all time favorites are ghost types!
Answer the current topic: For so many reasons. They have the most natural type immunities, they're one of the rarest types in the game, they have interesting moves (except any over 90 base powerrrrrr [no shadow force]) and their visual appearances are always to die for! Haha. Hah. Hahaha. Get it - cuz, cuz ghosts. And. Heh. Nevermind.

But yeah. Ghosts. <3

MurkMire

Years
Welcome to you, Polar Spectrum! I believe that was TWO for Mismagius, which I'm also a fan of!

And, since we have enough members... it's time I reveal the first activity we'll be doing. We're going to have a vote for the theme song of Spooks and Ghouls!

Basically, we're going to pick a song (with gothic/spooky themes, or something related to ghosts) purely on votes. You are to pick one song, and you get two votes.

Also, new topic time! Do you have a certain Ghost-type you put in your team each game, or do you just pick one up as you go?

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
I actually wait to get a specific type of pokemon, like in White 2
I waited until I obtained a Froslass. Of course with the exception of having Chandelure in my team. For Platinum, I had raised Drifblim a while but replaced him once I got Giratina. I of course stuck with Froslass there. In Pokemon Conquest, I was quick to get a Drifblim, Chandelure, and Froslass. In mystery dungeon series I always got any ghost types because they can go through walls, which is awesome right? Avoiding pokemon and getting to stairs faster.

I'm not good with electing a theme song, so I'll only vote. But hopefully the rest of you guys can come up with a theme song!

MurkMire

Years
Funny thing is, I never normally used Ghost-types in my team. Of course, I haven't been able to play any Pokemon games extensively since Diamond and Pearl.

Anyway, I decided to pick the theme song myself. I just updated the intro post with said song, I hope you all enjoy! If any of you WOULD like to suggest new songs, go right ahead!

Anyway, I think it's time to start my new activity! It's called "Spook of the Week!" Basically, I will take three votes from each of you in PMs, and the Ghost-type with the most votes will be Spook of the Week! Once the week is over, we'll start again, and exclude the previous winner. I will PM you all soon enough.

Anyway, now that that's out of the way, new topic! What is your favorite Ghost-type, and why? Be detailed. ;)

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
My favorite ghost type? Obviously the great Giratina! Just look at that HP guys! No dark, ice, dragon, fairy, or ghost types can take him out! And then with Shadow Force... Now you see him... Now you don't... And then the hit that sends you to oblivion! Plus, he has his own world for himself, and that right there no other ghost type canmatch up to.

Hero of Twilight

Rest in Peace Iwata.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 5, 2016
good job picking the song murkmire! i love it!

to the topic answer, my favorite ghost type pokemon and favorite pokemon period is mismagius. it looks delightfully spooky, and its cry sounds like a ghost, and it's anime powers are breathtaking (episode referance: Malice in Wonderland)

.Missingno

Viridian City Gym Leader
Years
Username:.Missingno
Partner Pokemon: Gengar
Reason for joining: I Have always had a love for ghost types!
Answer the current topic!: Why do you love ghost pokemon?
they have always had a certain mystery to me. especially gengar and now more so after the whole Clefairy theory.

MurkMire

Years
Welcome, .Missingno! I already added you to our roster of Spooky Members!

Alright, so I may have been a bit busy with Spook of the Week, but I'll try to message all of you ASAP to get your votes.

Sorry everyone!

KamikazeSSoH

Gym leader of São Paulo,brazi
Years
Username:KamikazeSSoH
Partner Pokemon:Gengar (Kendrow)
094.png

Reason for joining:I Love Ghost Pokemon, my first Ghost Pokemon was Gastly and after that i loved Ghost Pokemon so much as my Second Favorite Type everyPokemon game i can't go to Elite 4 whitout a Ghost Pokemon/Gengar and i have to Name it Kendrow
Answer the current topic!:
Do you have a certain Ghost-type you put in your team each game, or do you just pick one up as you go?

R: Like i said i can't end the game whitout a Ghost-Type Pokemon a Gengar/Haunter if i don't find or its not in the game i have to Pick another Ghost Type Pokemon because they are awesome :D

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
How the heck did I miss this?! Sorry for not noticing sooner, Murk!

Username: Wicked3DS
Partner Pokemon:
094.png

Reason for joining: Ghost-types are always...interesting to use.
Answer the current topic!: Depends on what game I'm playing and whether or not I can get a full evolution (looking at you, Gengar).

Also the Theme Song is perfect.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
Years
Is "Spooky Scary Skeletons" an option for the theme? :J

Heheh kidding. It would be hilarious though.

And the topic at hand - I almost ALWAYS shuffle my playthrough teams with ever version I go through. The only pokemon I've ever used on 2 separate playthroughs, is Scrafty. And that was Black/White and Black2/White2. Because Scrafty SEEEERIOUSLY messes up Unova's Elite 4, barring Marshal.

But enough about that. Ghosts. Mismagius is my favorite, and I'm not actually sure how popular it is in the entire pokemon fandom. I know Gengar is top notch fan-wise, but haven't actually seen too much Mismagius fan stuff. Fun fact, did you know its design is influenced by hallucinations? This inspired me to make one and name it "Schizo". :3 It's one of my 3 Mismagius I use competitively. Reaver, Trixie, and Schizo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back