• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The "cheating" 4

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 12, 2016
I mean, i have beaten them several times, but there can be no doubt they are cheating big time. Example, im up against a jynx, i save and reload before an attack 10 times just to check how much the computer is cheating. Jynx gets 4 freaking freezes on me, its suppose to be a 10 percent chance. In addition, she landed 5 criticals, i call hax. Lovely kiss NEVER missed in like 30 tries, even though its supposedly only 75 percent accurate, it behaves like spore does.

There are so many examples of this, especially in the elite 4, or better named, "the cheating 4". Why do they deserve to have like 5 time as high freezing chance as me, landing criticals whenever they feel like it, never being affected by confuse ray etc?

Years
Haha not sure if you are serious and actually rant about something like this, or so sarcastic it's not even noticeable.
Also not sure what is the topic's thread?
They dont deserve anything, they are in-game installations. Even if they have more % of doing freezing stuff and everything else you have listed, it's because coders wanted to make the game harder, although I dont really remember them actually have any "benefits" so to call it, but oh well.
lol

dresden_88

Warden
Years
i suspect you're just having really really....catastrophically bad luck. i've never had that level of bad luck in that regards. i do however notice that the "cheating" 4 have an unusually large supply of full restores. i remember quite a large number of occasions where i was effectively stalled out of PP on one of my pokemon's moves due to it not doing enough damage for a KO and the E4 member constantly popping full restores every time until i ran out of PP for said move.....totally rediculous. the E4 should totally be forced to play by the same rules as PVP with items. attached item, or none at all.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I think you're just having bad luck. All though, it has been scientifically proven that Elite Four use Action Replay. Just look at Lance's Dragonite from RBY.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
I don't really think it's possible that it was coded to be like this. I've got a friend who's looked at the trainer data, and he said that there's nothing that makes them "OP"-ish.

You most likely are getting incredibly bad RNG- just keep trying. The luck will turn on your side, eventually. I hope soon. Good luck with getting rid of that Jynx! B)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
It's not just the E4, sometimes I feel like I've just got too bad luck to be true. Strangely enough mostly in Leaf Green O.o Perhaps that's the thing with chance and randomness: statistics only really work if you count a looooooot of times. Not just a few moves or battles.

Back