• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Player saved the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Fossil hunting was an annoyance in that game. ¨Oh hey! a fossil! next to...another fossil¨ *tic tic tic* ...¨man, the wall crumpled before I could get any of them¨

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I was thinking that maybe instead of secondary slots or HMs, Pokemon could have traits like in Pokemon Ranger. Granted, maybe they would only be able to have one, but it would fix the confusion we have over why our Bird Pokemon aren't able to fly us without us teaching them.

I actually really liked the fossil hunting in DPPt. It felt like a real hunt, and although it could get annoying when you managed to unearth a fossil but it wasn't the one you wanted, it just felt like more of a minigame instead of having the fossils handed to you.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I was thinking that maybe instead of secondary slots or HMs, Pokemon could have traits like in Pokemon Ranger. Granted, maybe they would only be able to have one, but it would fix the confusion we have over why our Bird Pokemon aren't able to fly us without us teaching them.

I actually really liked the fossil hunting in DPPt. It felt like a real hunt, and although it could get annoying when you managed to unearth a fossil but it wasn't the one you wanted, it just felt like more of a minigame instead of having the fossils handed to you.

Oh, the game itself was definitely fun (seriously loved smashing those tiles with my stylus), but only thing that bothered me is that they wound up ruining rarity of fossils, in some way. Every time I'd break some wall, I would find at least one. If they weren't that easy to find, then it would've been a lot better, I'm sure.

I haven't played Pokémon Ranger that often (been a while since I did), so I don't really know how traits work, sadly. Although, I do remember some bits, and if what I'm thinking is indeed correct, seeing such a feature make its way to main series would definitely be an improvement.

Years
Thread hasn't been posted in in over a week? I'd better fix that!

So here's a question I have for you guys: how close do you tend to feel to your Pokémon most of the time? When you're using lots of Pokémon (like if you're doing a challenge) you might find it hard to like a particular one, but if you have a team of six and stick with them it's likely you'll want to keep close to them most of the time. How about you guys?

Sorry for the bland question, just wanted to keep this thing active.

Years
Love my Mienshao to pieces, I definitely give it the favorite treatment constantly. If there's a pokemon multiple team members can beat with super effective STAB attacks, I still may just throw Mienshao out, haha.

Years
Most of the time, when I have my starter I almost always keep it, just because I tend to really like it for being my first Pokémon, even if it tends to not be as good as some of the later ones you can get in the game. Sometimes it sticks out, others it doesn't, but it's there. They do have good stat totals, admittedly. /me wants Contrary Serperior

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
The closest I feel to any Pokémon while playing some game is my starter, whichever it may be. In some way, they tend to give me a feeling like no other. One reason could be is that, well, I kick off my journey with this particular monster, and more battles I do with it, the closer I seem to get. Love for it would continue growing, to a point that I'd have no intention to put it into my PC box at all, whether it be I'm trying to build myself a competitive team or not. Strangely, though, when I transfer said Pokémon to a new game or save file, the feeling goes away in an instant, somehow.

From all Pokémon that I have so far, aside from starters, one that I've always liked is my Metagross, which I've had since RSE days. It mostly stays stored within PC, but every time I move onto a some new Pokémon game, I always carry it over. Was sort of afraid that PokéBank wouldn't accept it (considering how old it is), but thankfully, I've managed--hooray for that!

Years
Yeah, even when it comes to Monotypes, I tend to stick with my starter even if it's not the best choice. And sometimes I just feel attached to Pokémon that the species of I really tend to like, such as Houndoom, Scolipede, Medicham, Hydreigon, etc, and i'll have a tendency to use them a lot.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Speaking of mono-types, I've been planning to start some challenge based off it in Pokémon Emerald for quite some time, but haven't gotten around to it. OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire are just around the corner, though, so if I play Emerald again, I probably won't be able to enjoy them as much; I'd most likely have to stay away from it. Not sure what else I'd pick, though. Maybe Platinum? Either that, or Black.

Years
Or X and Y, because they have a gigantic amount of options to utilize and can be rather challenging without the Exp. Share. I'm currently doing a Normal Monotype that i'm trying to zip through, and ended after beating Olympia's Gym and my team is Level 41-43. So yeah, X and Y are pretty good. Black 2 and White 2 have lots of Pokémon and make for good Monotype plays as well.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've just finished a new XY run recently, so at the moment, I don't believe playing again won't be much fun, sadly. I might wait another couple of months before I give it a go again.

Years
Ah yes... Although i'm the guy who can play BW2 or XY many times and still not get bored (mostly because of their variety), I do get how that feels. I keep intending to give the previous regions like Hoenn and Sinnoh plays, but haven't really occurred to.

And I have my Anime Style Challenge I want to do on XY, but after I just finished a challenge on Y today, it's not something i'm gonna eagerly jump on. I love the new games but I want to give the older ones a chance, surely.

Silver Soul of Johto

Journey's end
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 10, 2016
I still haven't completed my first run through X yet. I'm in victory rpad, but I have little motivation to do much else

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've gotten myself stuck in Victory Road once in Ruby first time I had played it; thought that it was impossible to reach the end, and quit for almost a month. Then, I decided to pick the game back up again one day, explore the location deeply, and finally managed to reach Pokémon League. Victory Road is extremely tough to get through (in my opinion), but in RSE, I've felt that it was even more difficult.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I got trapped in Diamond's Victory Road, but that might just be because I barely understood Diamond at all. Had to rely on one of Marriland's walkthroughs of the place to navigate to the Pokemon League. Took me some time, but I finally reached the Pokemon League.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Speaking of Victory Road, Pokémon that are located in these places are of very high level, and provide a lot of experience once defeated. Have you ever trained against them? Trainers that lurk here are quite tough, too, and also make it easy for you to level-up--what are your overall thoughts on them?

Personally, I enjoy trainer in Victory Road, whichever game it may be. One good side is experience, as I've already stated, but along with that, you also have some chance of contaminating yourself with PokéRus, which is a very rare status effect. With this, you're able to gain exp even easier, and also boost your EVs faster, if I'm not mistaken. If I remember correctly, this is where I got this virus from in my last run of Pokémon Diamond.

As far as trainers go, they're great. Very challenging. Unfortunately, they're not re-battle-able--unless if you have Versus Seeker, I suppose? (not sure)--but would have been awesome if they were. Not just in some games, in all.

Auserk

Auserk
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 13, 2018
I used to train on the Onyx in FireRed that would appear even with repels, however when just trying to get through victory road its was very annoying and wiped my last few team members more then once.

Years
For training in Victory Road, I would usually do that in HGSS, given how flat those are with training spots. And when it comes to RSE that's often where I do my endgame training, but sometimes it gets hard when you can't OHKO stuff. Same with XY's, the levels there are super high.

With BW2's, in the post-game I like to use it for EV training most of the time, there are Ghost and Dragon-types for Attack and Grass-types for Special Attack, and Basculin for Speed. Has whatever you need basically.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've never thought of EV-training in Victory Road before; just basic one. In these places, I always imagine there to be a handful of rock-, ground-, and steel-types (considering that it's a cave, usually), and not much of a variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back