• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Recruiting] Team Pokémon YouTube Version

ominousacid95

Pokémon YouTube Version! :]
Years
[Team Pokémon YouTube Version]

Hello everyone ^^

Boxart [by myself]:
Spoiler:

Introduction:
About me:
My name is OminousAcid, but you can call me Mike, and I am the proud person that took the initiative to start a ROM Hack named Pokémon YouTube Version. I am an active YouTuber who plays Pokémon Games and does competitive Wi-Fi battling. I am enjoying this thoroughly, but there is one more passion that has, up to now, always laid back a little bit.
I have been wanting to make a ROM Hack for a long time, like a lot of people, but have never succeeded. This is mostly due to my lack in scripting skills, no good story ideas and me being busy. But right now, I have time and feel like this story is definitely going to work out! It is original, fresh, actual and very applicable to my intended audience: YouTubers and just YouTube audience in general, although of course, the game will be fun for anyone interested in YouTube to play! :D
Because of this, I and some of my friends have enthusiastically started constructing Pokémon YouTube Version, a ROM Hack of Pokémon FireRed Version!

The Current Team:
I already have several very enthusiastic people (mostly spriters and testers) on the team, but I would appreciate the help of other people who are dedicated and enthusiastic for this ROM Hack. These people include: TripleFinishGaming, Marrlain, TheDonphanatic, CortexNebula200, and more. These are all YouTube names, no PC names.

The Story:

You start as a boy/girl, living in the applicably named Noob Town, who wants to start a "career" on YouTube. To be more precise, to start a channel regarding (competitive) Pokémon battling. However, it won't be easy to grow on the vast internet and so you must journey and fight other YouTubers and therefore gain exposure around YouTube.

These YouTubers are the Gym Leaders and Elite Four of the _____ Region and by beating them, you will gain Subscribers, because these people will give you content to upload and the battle will be (not actually, of course) featured on their channel, as such, there is a sort of
shout-out.

Besides the obvious goal of collecting Badges, there has to be an evil Team who the hero/heroine needs to stop of course. In this ROM Hack, this is Google+. For those of you who are unaware, Google has linked Google+ in such a way that making a Google+ account is obligatory and they made YouTube just more annoying to use for YouTubers. For more information, shoot me a message, as I feel this is not the place to discuss this.
Anyway, Google+ has the intention of destroying YouTube Channels and the souls that they contain, due to people pouring their heart and soul into their channels. After which, they plan to take over more and more popular websites.

Random trainers around the world will also be made as (smaller) YouTubers. To make this possible, any Pokémon YouTuber may apply to be in the game and has a high probability of being in the game, also getting a honorable mention! This makes it entertaining for people as they can see themselves in the game! :D

The biggest YouTubers, examples being Haydunn or shofu, will not be Gym Leaders or Elite Four, because I want to put them in the post-game as an extra and final challenge, for example by putting them on One through Seven Island. This is yet to be decided and devised.

What we are looking for:
Jobs:
We mostly need scripters, tile spriters, tile/sprite inserters, but any help out of interest is welcome! A lot of heads with a lot of creativity is better! You needn't have to have experience on making or watching YouTube videos related to competitive Pokémon, as the team already has members experienced in the area who can fill you in. We are mainly looking for enthusiastic and fun people who just want to have a blast working on this new and original ROM Hack, called Pokémon YouTube Version!

We want to make the game look like a completely new game, with self-made, or at least custom tiles/sprites. Recolourings have been made, but some of these do not look like planned and could use some work, so if others could look at them who have more experience, that would be great! Most of them worked out perfectly though!

Application Form:
Name:
Contact information:
* Do you have Skype and/or YouTube?
Specialty:
Experience:
Time Zone:
Hours available:
Self-rating 1 to 10:
Why you want to join:

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

CrystalShadow

Delta DJ
Years
Name: CrystalShadow irl Kalib

Contact information: You can contact me on YouTube at [email protected] and Skype at omegafiremaster
* Do you have Skype and/or YouTube

Specialty: Scripting (Battles and Chat)

Experience: I have tried to make my own hack before but quit because I had no help while doing that I learned how to script if you need some kind of proof msg me and I'll show you.

Time Zone: Eastern Time Zone

Hours available: 12-11PM

Self-rating 1 to 10: 8

Why you want to join:To help obviously

Extra: I cannot script events that the only thing anyways reply soon hope I get accepted.

ominousacid95

Years
Name: CrystalShadow irl Kalib

Contact information: You can contact me on YouTube at [email protected] and Skype at omegafiremaster
* Do you have Skype and/or YouTube

Specialty: Scripting (Battles and Chat)

Experience: I have tried to make my own hack before but quit because I had no help while doing that I learned how to script if you need some kind of proof msg me and I'll show you.

Time Zone: Eastern Time Zone

Hours available: 12-11PM

Self-rating 1 to 10: 8

Why you want to join:To help obviously

Extra: I cannot script events that the only thing anyways reply soon hope I get accepted.

Alright! You're in! I am sure we can make this hack a great one! [:

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
Name: DJTiKi
Contact Information: You can contact me via Hangouts or email at [email protected]
I don't have a Skype, but I have a twitter @DarkSpur

Speciality: Pokémon Editing, Mapping, Event Scripting(very small, still learning), Move Editing.

Experience: I have been developing my own rom hacks, but just only started. I have been looking over rom hacking for over a year now, and picked up on my specialities above.

Time Zone: EST (Eastern Time Zone)

Hours Available: Anytime that ISN'T early in the morning, or LATE at night.

Self-rating 1 to 10: 7

Why You Want To Join: I want to help, and I have ideas of my own, as I have been planning a rom hack like this, for a good 2 months now. Just never had the ambition to start it. So I'm here if you run out of ideas. Thank you :);

ominousacid95

Years
Name: FlamingIce but you can call me Aaron (my online name, i will give you real name after i gain
your trust :) )

Contact information: Skype Firevss And [email protected]

Specialty: Trainer Design, Map Design, Story and Plot Design, Pokemon Sprite Design, Character
Development a small bit of Map Editing (Not Very Advanced)

Experience: I Have Many Many Designs Floating Around In A Pile That I Just Kept In Case They Would Be Useful, Skilled Artist (If Not Rushed) And Have Made Dozens Of Story Lines In My Head While Bored.

Time Zone: US and Canada (Eastern Time Zone)

Hours available: From When Ever I Wake Up (8 - 12 morning) to when i get tired (8 - 3 night )

Self-rating 1 to 10: I Would Say 7, Because I Have A Very Big Strong Point, But Not Very Skilled Programmer Unless Some One Shows Me In Depth VERY IN DEPTH, Then I Would Be A Pro xD (Im Quite A Fast Learner)

Why you want to join: I want to join because i have made countless un-finished pokemon hack's using AdvanceMap and written the story lines but my lack in script writing and all that stuff forced me to abandon the Hacks... But Here I Could Use My Strong Point for a hack and other people on the team could take care of that, so i hope i get accepted...!

That's some nice introduction right there, and I think that you will contribute greatly to the hack! You're in! ^^

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 12, 2014
Name: Jordan
Contact information: Skype
Do you have Skype and/or YouTube?: I can PM you my skype
Specialty: mapping, fast learner, I think that I would be able to do more things like sprites, cause I'm a fast learner, and it are just tools that you'll need to use
Experience: I've tried to make hack roms, mostly mapping, but I looked into other tools too
Time Zone: GMT +2
Hours available: Now like 10 to 15 hours because I have holiday
Self-rating 1 to 10: 6, I still have many things to learn, if I give my mapping a rating I would say 8
Why you want to join: Cause this idea sounds really great, and I would be grateful if I could be a addition to the team

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 14, 2015
Name: Photo but you can call me Dylan
Contact information: [email protected], Brozone layer (a pokemon collab channel)
* Do you have Skype(i dont use mine) and/or YouTube?(just said it)
Specialty: Trainer teams and balancing, map "spifiying", and i love making dialoge that make talking to people worth something (hints, humor, questions)
Experience: I did hyper emerald on my channel thats a little bit of all my experience
Time Zone: EST
Hours available: During summer I'm up until 12 ish ill update you if that changes
Self-rating 1 to 10: 6
Why you want to join: This seems like one of the coolest concepts I've seen in a while and I think your being cool about it. And that cover sold me.

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2016
Interesting concept.While I can't really help with anything besides maps,I have a few suggestion as of the gym leaders.
I suggest Patterrz and GameboyLuke,who are doing all kind of -lockes.
As for me,I would like to be a "smaller" trainer.My channel isn't that big.
Team:
Lucario
Sceptile
Gengar
Dewott
Typlosion
Espeon

And just in case...
Name: Andrew
Contact information: will give it to you on PMs if you choose me,since I don't want it to be public
Specialty: Editing Trainer teams,edit stats and level up moves,mapping,text editing
Experience: Tried to do 2 hacks.One is on going and other abandoned because I was alone on it.I can show you proff if you want.
Time Zone: Same as Contact Info.I'll give it to you in PMs if you chose me because I don't want it public
Hours available: A lot of time in summers,but a bit lesser while school.Though I'll be missing 1 week this August.
Self-rating 1 to 10: 7
Why you want to join: Very very original concept,and I love it!I can't wait to help with it,if I'm being chosen.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 7, 2014
Name: Josh
Contact information:
youtube: gogojojo331
Specialty: writing
Experience: none
Time Zone: Midwest america
Hours available: after School hours- Past 3:35
Self-rating 1 to 10: frankly.... 5