• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Overhauling the GTS

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
Years
Do you think they'll find some way to eliminate some of the ridiculous offers and searches in the GTS? I've no clue HOW they can do it, but I hope they do. I'm tired of sifting through 100 idiotic requests and fake "6IV DITTO HURHUR" to find anything legit.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 4, 2016
That would be awesome if they could! Another thing that would be cool if in wonder trade you could only trade only a certain number of the same Pokemon. That would cut down on getting a ♥♥♥♥♥♥ Pokemon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Maybe they could show the Pokémon's IV? Though if they overhaul it they'll going to have to do the same for XY as they'll have the old GTS.
I hope they get rid of the under leveled legends requests >_<.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
I would like that the filter for legends include something else than just Mascots but also trios and other legendaries.

Also some filter for abilities would help filtering lot of pokemons that you don't even know which ability they have and then get something else because the guy lied in his text on GTS.

I want another filter for objects holded too so this way you can get trade evolution easier from the GTS.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
You should be able to search for OT and Trainer ID # alongside Pokemon.

As well, you should be able to tick a box for Gen VI-Pentagon only.

But most importantly, there needs to be a summary page. Not having one is asinine. Seriously. This would impede people from lying about IVs, movesets, etc.

A shiny tickbox would be nice.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Just block impossible levels like Lv5 Heatran.

The problem with this is that some people use the GTS to evolve pokemon. Not everyone has a dozen online friends who can trade them and help their pokemon evolve.

Anyway, I agree with the OP. That's half the reason why I don't even use GTS. Everyone always wants to have a legendary pokemon for some measly pokemon that's not even worth it or whatever. It's just hard using GTS when every pokemon you want, and the other person is asking for some insane pokemon like a legendary or something.

Years
  • Age 54
  • Aust
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
You should certainly be able to get more info on the pokemon that someone is offering up for a trade. Knowing only the level and gender doesn't even come close to letting you make an informed decision.

I don't see why they couldn't upgrade it for ORAS and leave XY the way it is, and I certainly hope they do upgrade it.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
Two things I hope they'll add to ORAS:

1. Legendary Filter, but add all the legendaries and not just mascots and events.
2. The ability to search what other people are looking for.

It'll make everything much better.

Years
I thought Game Freak said a while ago that they were going to do something that would prevent impossible requests from happening? I'd hope they at least know that there are people requesting Level 1 legendaries that can't be obtained...

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I thought Game Freak said a while ago that they were going to do something that would prevent impossible requests from happening? I'd hope they at least know that there are people requesting Level 1 legendaries that can't be obtained...

If this is the route that they're taking, maybe they could make it so that when you attempt trading legendaries and fully-evolved Pokémon, system would decline if they're below level 50? Former is encountered around this range, usually, and latter would have all reached their final stage by then. As for first-staged Pokémon could be traded at any level, and for second, perhaps after level 20?

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I would love to be able to search for trades that are looking for a certain Pokemon. E.g., if I want to get rid of breeding reject Squirtles, I want to be able to find all trades that are asking for a Squirtle in my specified level range. I would also like to get a better legendary filter, or a filter that lets you filter out requests asking for particular Pokemon. I get sick of the number of legendary bird requests and the like that I have to sort through to find reasonable offers.

Years
I want filters, filters of spiderman

Like Shinies only
Events only
Non event legendaries

Or a mode where you can look for people who are looking for pokemon you have, kinda like the trading filter for the pokemon TCG online

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
- an offering timer (all offers that are there for a long time expire after, a week, or so)
- better legendary filter
- a summary page
- more filters for more specific results
- regex filter (because, why not?)
- item filter (maybe even a way that makes item trading possible?)
- request-offer filter alongside offer-request filter
- ranking filter (from most requested to least requested, or reverse)
- access to different statistics to check out what Pokemon are highly requested at the time. That way you would be able to breed certain Pokemon in order to be able to get better trades in the GTS

Years
I feel like Legendaries should only be allowed to trade with other Legendaries, it doesn't seem fair to me that some people take advantage of how much people desire a Pokémon (such as the Vivillon trade for example) and ask for ridiculous exchanges knowing that they'll probably get it.

Also I'd like to see people stop asking for things like Mew - it doesn't even come up as a search result in the GTS so the likelihood of people having one is probably pretty minimal.

#Rant over haha :)

Professor_Jared

Mr. Fish trainer
Years
Impossible event legendaries for commonly found pokemon. <---- Having to scroll through 3-4 pages of trades like that.

Yeah, I say make the legendary filter better, and make it so that people don't keep trolling us with impossible to get legendaries for said common pokemon at level 1. My god every time I see a trade like that I feel like I want to strangle the troll who made such an impossible trade in the first place.

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
Years
- an offering timer (all offers that are there for a long time expire after, a week, or so)
I know that at the very least, this existed in Gen IV, in a really nasty way. If you took too long without checking on your deposited Pokemon, it would release itself. I remember connecting to the GTS in Diamond once, only to get a message that said something like "Venusaur ran away..."

What I want to see is a shiny-for-shiny trade option - if you put a shiny up in the GTS, you can check a box to only allow other shinies to be traded for it. But the box won't appear if you offer a non-shiny (whenever someone puts "shiny plz" in their request message. and they aren't offering a shiny themselves, I like going out of my way to crush their hopes by trading a non-shiny to them).

Back