• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Either way in the town after the entei event you face Pete and after you beat him he tells you about a mysterious house to visit. I enter the house right next to him and his dad and the place is called ??? and all that is inside is a black triangle a woman who I can't talk to and an old man who says "May Arceus guide me on my journey" is something suppose to happen here? PS. besides the Entei event not working there is a goon who acts like I already battled him, or when he does battle me (Sometimes it works other times it doesn't it is weird) he shows up as a grunt and has the same pokemon as the grunt who is beside the rock slide teacher hiker. The goon that is acting up is the second male goon you can fight. After you see the very first male and female goon and climb up a ladder you have to cross in front of a male or female goon the male goon is the one acting up, Sorry I'm horrible at directions sometimes
In ??? house the level script is supposed to happen.
Simply said, you should enter and event is supposed to happen right after you warp there.
The woman and triangle thingy are there because flag that removes them is not set because the script did not happen.
And the old guy is supposed to stay there.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Hey everyone, the Entei & Victini events are working right in the patch I'll be releasing soon. Unfortunetly, the patch won't be released til early Wednesday because Tajaros forgot to fix the ship cabin & Light events perfectly. Once he does that, I'll finish up my playthrough, fix a bunch of stuff and I'll upload it.

Also, we've done test and it seems if you save your game by using the In-Game Save option, the newly edited flags aren't responding or colliding with other flags that we've either changed or deleted. So for future reference everyone, when you save your game, please go to your emulator and select File-Save Game-and save it into any Slot. You can use that save file anytime for any of the patches & it SHOULD keep your saved data with all of the updates the patches bring every time. Thank You.

Also, as I've said, once these errors are FINALLY fixed up, I'm going to start inserting tiles for beta 2. Most of the scripts are already set in a practice rom so that will speed progression up. Thanks for having patience everyone, I'm working my butt off to make sure things are good.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
Hey everyone, the Entei & Victini events are working right in the patch I'll be releasing soon. Unfortunetly, the patch won't be released til early Wednesday because Tajaros forgot to fix the ship cabin & Light events perfectly. Once he does that, I'll finish up my playthrough, fix a bunch of stuff and I'll upload it.

I just want to come in and say hey, I've still been following this hack and I love where you've taken it and what you've done since I last popped in to this thread. There's still some very minor stuff that could be fixed, but overall it's SO much better. Kudos to you for working hard on it and keeping it going, and I respect that motivation that you have. As always, Good Luck!

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2012
I know that Alakazam evolves at level 40 and so does the 5th gen rock trade pokemon, but I leveled up graveler to almost 50 and it isn't evolving what level does it evolve?

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Hey Everyone, I have GREAT NEWS! The Final Error-Free Beta 1 will be uploaded in a couple of minutes After this message. The BIG News Is, this Beta will go farther then the previous ones:

2rrxz48.png

Remember the cave after the battle with KAYO? Well it's available now after you defeat KAI, the 4th gym leader. The beta will end after you battle your friend PETE under DARUGIS's Spell. Numassity City is closed off until Beta 2. Also, it's best to start your game over as a decent amount of new scripts and houses have been added to earlier areas in the beta. Also, new pokemon are available in the 2 new routes in this beta. The Beta1 List has been updated with these new Pokemon. For those who wanted Leafeon, now's your chance to catch one before beta2 is released sometime later this year. ENJOY! I'll be uploading it Now. ^.^

Progress for Beta2 will Now Start.

@_Nixon1

I apologize for the Golem situation. I just fixed it and Golem will evolve at Lv40 in the last updated beta 1 which can be downloaded in a couple of minutes.

Zortac

League Champion
Years
Awesome hack,DRG.I really love it.I have one question though-can I catch Leavanny anywhere?I searched through the Beta 1 pokelist but it isn't mention anywhere.

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2018
oh, that was a great and surprising news from you DRG, the wait is over.Thank you so much. I really love this hack. Good luck again to beta2.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Thanks everyone. Hopefully the Trainer Card for the hero can be fixed by beta2. All gameplay errors such as main events and glitches are fixed though. Sorry Chipsoft, Levanny isn't in this hack.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Thanks for the new release. I'm going to test it later tonight *after I watch a movie* & report back if there are any other bugs :D

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Ok, I forgot to mention that Entei doesn't freezes your game when you talk to it, just wanted you to know... :)

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Sure you can use em Mavy42.

Also, as long as its not a crucial error or any problem with main events, I won't be uploading anymore updates to beta1 because Beta2 progress has started and that's what the primary focus is on now. But still, posting errors you see would be helpful for future fixes. Also, Tajaros has successfully learn to insert Cries! I've also begun to rescript Yugi's event. Its coming along very well and I'm using my knowledge of the entire first series to create a reason of why he's in the pokemon universe in the first place. If either I or Tajaros can master how to insert music(what we're practicing now) you can expect the yugioh theme song playing when you battle him!

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
I have a question. In the latest release after you get the secret gym key thing in the rosary where do you go. The gym in douba road(It's In a forest) says its closed and when i look on the map the only way to proceed to a new town is going south of salem, then a turn, but that area is blocked off.

Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2014
excuse me I would like to play your hack but when I load it up, I get to the part where the game is about to begin it then resets back to the intro and won't let me do anything. Anyone have any ideas people?

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@_koby12

After you defeat LIGHT in Volair Forest, which is south of Salem, you go to the Rosary Graveyard. There should be a building. Enter it & proceed thru the building to end up on the other side. About the gym in Twist Woodlands, it's closed off for a reason. You'll see why in Beta2.

@_ViviLVX

I will PM you on the matter shortly to fix this problem.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Is Everyone enjoying Beta 1? Here's a little peak at what you can expect from the next Beta:

30j448i.png
1zn79qp.png
<- She's the next Gym Leader you'll be facing. Don't be fooled cause she's a little kid and doesn't have a signature Pokemon. She's every trainer's worse nightmare who uses Only Male Pokemon. All of her Pokemon know Attract, she uses the Normal type, and all of her Pokemon have some very powerful moves to use against you after the Attract.

4j0tiq.png
rsfxo2.png
ighoxg.png
16jas4.png
Beta 2 is in the Works!

Years
Its good news to see beta 2 is in production for release. my curiosity however has peaked towards the character near shadow lugia. will that be a new bad guy? if his character is as interesting as light he should be a welcomed edition to the story of the hack.

Back