• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Chronic*Chrone

Chronicles*Of*Chrone
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 27, 2011
yeah , about that !
thats another problem !
you see , i can't go into mt. draken because a person is blocking the entrance , he said that no ordinary person is allowed inside that cave :(
what to do ? :(

Killuminati

Imba Trainer
Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2023
Fly to the 1st city and go speak to prof. first, then go to Mt. Draken :)

Now I have a problem... I finished E4 of Zhery region, but whenever I beat it my game gets restarted and I appear back in my room in bed (not rly restarted because my pokemon remain levels they earned in elite four and stuff) and noone is there to give me any ticket to go to other region... what to do now??? I was thinking of getting walk through walls code to go there by myself, would that work? tnx in adance :)

Chronic*Chrone

Chronicles*Of*Chrone
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 27, 2011
I see I forgot to mention that you have to bring Alpha litograph (I hope you picked it ;)) to prof. Jasmine =)

yeah , i did pick it up ..
so does that mean i have to go back to yellow town ?
wow , that's a bit hard , i don't have fly yet :D

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
I'm kinda disappointed with the fact that you changed beautiful Japanese names to ugly English well that's not the reason why I replied to you.
Well... I don't wanna ruin your work or something by saying this (but in fact I save you from pointless work, won't I? :D)
I reported bugs to Wes and he replied with this:

Ash, when the English B/W gets released, we are gonna remember
the English names instead of the Japanese names. Japanese names
will be forgotten...

And if Wesley really releases the true final version, it's already too late.
If he releases it, I'll insert the events myself from my current version.

One more thing, Ash, I think that English names are better than most Japanese names,
'cause I can't even pronounce the Japanese names properly. And if you did
more comparison with the English and Japanese names, you would think that the English names
are better.

Killuminati

Imba Trainer
Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2023
Waterfall is in Market in DragonBreath City, go to elevator on the left and Red will give it to ya. Not sure about fly, can't remember sry xD

EDIT: HM02: Found with Colltrainer in Serenity City. There you go :P

Years
Ash, when the English B/W gets released, we are gonna remember
the English names instead of the Japanese names. Japanese names
will be forgotten...

And if Wesley really releases the true final version, it's already too late.
If he releases it, I'll insert the events myself from my current version.

One more thing, Ash, I think that English names are better than most Japanese names,
'cause I can't even pronounce the Japanese names properly. And if you did
more comparison with the English and Japanese names, you would think that the English names
are better.

I am with SP. English names are easy to memorize and beautiful. Japanese names are very hard to memorize. Also, English names are commonly known by people.

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2020
i beat the 3rd gym leader and saw the ghost gym leader and he walked off what do i do now

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2013
Sarcastic Prince could you possible post what you've already translated I just won't to catch some Gen V Pokemon as the last version I had didn't have any

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2011
Looks like an awesome hack. I'll definitely play it once a full English translation is up. I've seen a partial and very, err...crude, English translation up. So my question is how far along is the fall translation?

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2015
This may be a stupid question, but where can i heal at yellow town? i am getting beaten by the trainers on route 401 because i can't heal! i tried talking to the main character's mom, and tried to check all the machines at the lab, but nothing happens! Is there something i am doing wrong, or is it a bug?

Years
I do agree with SarcasticPrince too, after all 12345 made a patch of Flora Sky containing the English names and Wesley has some English names inserted like Blitzle. By the way the people who you battle at the World Pokemon Championship are random right? Except for the final round with Ash Ketchum and the Zhery and Lauren rival/champion rounds which is one out of three people. Oh and in the English version will Ash have a new lineup with his Unova Pokemon fully evolved. As in:
-Scrafty
-Unfezant
-Serperior
-Emboar
-Samurott
-Obviously Pikachu

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
This may be a stupid question, but where can i heal at yellow town? i am getting beaten by the trainers on route 401 because i can't heal! i tried talking to the main character's mom, and tried to check all the machines at the lab, but nothing happens! Is there something i am doing wrong, or is it a bug?

I will add a healing script in Yellow Town in the English version.

Sarcastic Prince could you possible post what you've already translated I just won't to catch some Gen V Pokemon as the last version I had didn't have any

OK. I'll report on my progress.
1. 60% of the Pokedex with Unova PKMN's Japanese names
changed to English names and edited entries (D/P/P PKMN and B/W PKMN)

2. Progress on the game: Still in Darkdusk City, because I've
been havin' problems editin' the entries.

Looks like an awesome hack. I'll definitely play it once a full English translation is up. I've seen a partial and very, err...crude, English translation up. So my question is how far along is the fall translation?

A little bit far, I suppose, because I promised everyone that the full translation will everything fixed, including:
1. Pokedex Entries
2. Map Errors (Including the ones Tropical Sunlight posted)
3. Script Errors (Flags and other kinds)
4. Other existing errors that I'm unware of.

I myself don't like the day and night system in hacks after playing one, so I'm not to keen on the new events being added that uses the day and night system.

Err... I wanna know, why not?

I do agree with SarcasticPrince too, after all 12345 made a patch of Flora Sky containing the English names and Wesley has some English names inserted like Blitzle.

By the way the people who you battle at the World Pokemon Championship are random right? Except for the final round with Ash Ketchum and the Zhery and Lauren rival/champion rounds which is one out of three people. Oh and in the English version will Ash have a new lineup with his Unova Pokemon fully evolved. As in:

-Scrafty
-Unfezant
-Serperior
-Emboar
-Samurott
-Obviously Pikachu

Thank you for your opinions. And yes, Ash will have a new line up on his Unova PKMN and all Unova PKMN will have their English names and corrected Pokedex Entries.

Last edited:
Years
SP I use save states as the last time I tried to save in game the next time I go to play the game the save is gone, since the day and night system requires you to save in game. Also when it is night time I barely can see the screen so it makes it harder to navigate.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
SP I use save states as the last time I tried to save in game the next time I go to play the game the save is gone, since the day and night system requires you to save in game. Also when it is night time I barely can see the screen so it makes it harder to navigate.

Right, I agree. I've decided that in my version, there won't be any night and day system.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
What? Unless Wesley is doing something totally different than how it is in Flora Sky, you don't need to use in-game saves to make the day/night system work. And more to the point, just enable real time clock on VBA and screw around with it at your leisure. It'll go to the correct pallette when you change maps. o_O

And the reason your in-game save disappeared is likely because you reverted to a save state made prior to saving the in-game save. Save states revert everything, including the last time you used the in-game save.

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2015
After skyner city I went threw the sky flung with skarmory. After that I got to the next gym leader n beatvger she gave ice something? ? Lol I forgot The tms name. Anyways after that I went to the other routs but they r block with some rocks and cannot break them or move them what do I do next? ?

Back