• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2011
asdfasfasf

Where can i get a firestone? I think i had one in my other save but in this new save i just can't find it. Currently i have lvl58 vulpix.

Years
What? Unless Wesley is doing something totally different than how it is in Flora Sky, you don't need to use in-game saves to make the day/night system work. And more to the point, just enable real time clock on VBA and screw around with it at your leisure. It'll go to the correct pallette when you change maps. o_O

And the reason your in-game save disappeared is likely because you reverted to a save state made prior to saving the in-game save. Save states revert everything, including the last time you used the in-game save.

Sorry to say but yes you HAVE to use in game saves to make the day and night system to work, and as I said also when it is night it is very hard to navigate so I'm no fan of the day night system. Also Wesley is wanting to add events that only appear at night, and Flora the day and night system is basically used in that game just for evolutions.

INV

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2017
Finally the final version!
When the english version is planned to come out?(I dont understand spanish at all)
Are u planning any more special beta's or ur taking a rest now?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Ash, when the English B/W gets released, we are gonna remember
the English names instead of the Japanese names. Japanese names
will be forgotten...

And if Wesley really releases the true final version, it's already too late.
If he releases it, I'll insert the events myself from my current version.

One more thing, Ash, I think that English names are better than most Japanese names,
'cause I can't even pronounce the Japanese names properly. And if you did
more comparison with the English and Japanese names, you would think that the English names
are better.

I am with SP. English names are easy to memorize and beautiful. Japanese names are very hard to memorize. Also, English names are commonly known by people.
Yeah whatever :P You guys are too onto English names... :/ :D

i beat the 3rd gym leader and saw the ghost gym leader and he walked off what do i do now
Well go to beat him to Darkdusk City =D

So my question is how far along is the fall translation?
Please refrain from this question =) I know SP likes to tell where he is but I don't like answering this question =)

This may be a stupid question, but where can i heal at yellow town? i am getting beaten by the trainers on route 401 because i can't heal! i tried talking to the main character's mom, and tried to check all the machines at the lab, but nothing happens! Is there something i am doing wrong, or is it a bug?
You cannot heal, it's not a bug =)
But you can pick Potion in your PC it's more then enough :)

-Obviously Pikachu

Yes the ones you will battle against in WCH is chosen randomly except for Ash of course.
But tell me... why should Ash have his Isshu team?
He will and he already caught more then 6 pokemon =) And we don't know his final team ;)

I will add a healing script in Yellow Town in the English version.
Thank you for your opinions. And yes, Ash will have a new line up on his Unova PKMN and all Unova PKMN will have their English names and corrected Pokedex Entries.
Okay... I don't have good memory but didn't LP fans want you to NOT add anything? ;)

After skyner city I went threw the sky flung with skarmory. After that I got to the next gym leader n beatvger she gave ice something? ? Lol I forgot The tms name. Anyways after that I went to the other routs but they r block with some rocks and cannot break them or move them what do I do next? ?
Ice Smash ;) And those blocks can be destroyed by those ;)
And there are also rocks which need to be destroyed by using Focus Punch

Where can i get a firestone? I think i had one in my other save but in this new save i just can't find it. Currently i have lvl58 vulpix.
Where are you now? I don't remember where exactly but there are at least 2 of them and also there's dude who sells them.

Where is hm surf, I can not find it anywhere.
Steven in Mt.Zhery will give it to you =)

I'm just wondering how can I get out of the Temple at Kosaka City
Which temple do you mean?
Sky Tower?

hackerofdarkness

I have return
Years
Which temple do you mean?
Sky Tower?
[/QUOTE]

Yeah if I wasn't supposed to go there since I can't find my way out then I'm stupid

Edit I think this is rather strange I mean I saved in the sky tower then I end up somewhere else

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2013
Where do Team Steam go after you fight them before DragonBreath city? I can't find them anywhere D:

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2013
Team steam is in their hq up in the north just look for a guy wearing a team steam uniform

Where in the North? If you mean at the tower in the sea area, I've already done that bit, then the two leaders ran off and I can't get into DragonBreath Gym, nor do I have a clue where they've ran off to D:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Help me Please.
How can I get Magmortar ?

Sorry for my english..

Train your Magmar until Lv. 40 to make it evolve to Magmortar.

Is it normal that all my pokemon have the poke virus? Or is it lucky?

Obivously, it's only because you're lucky.

Finally the final version!
When the english version is planned to come out?(I dont understand spanish at all)
Are u planning any more special beta's or ur taking a rest now?

Hmm... in a couple of weeks, I guess....
If not, a month will do it.

And no, we're not taking a rest. I've encountered
many problems in editing the Pokedex entries,
and everytime I screw up, the Rom screws up.

If that happens, I have to re-insert the
entries all over again, though that doesn't take a lot of time.

And also, this Hack is not in Spanish, but Portuguese.

Last edited:

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Sorry to say but yes you HAVE to use in game saves to make the day and night system to work, and as I said also when it is night it is very hard to navigate so I'm no fan of the day night system. Also Wesley is wanting to add events that only appear at night, and Flora the day and night system is basically used in that game just for evolutions.

Except... you... don't. I don't know why you're saying that you do. Set up Real Time Clock correctly in VBA. It auto-adjusts the in-game clock.

EDIT: There is a setting in VBA under Options -> Emulator called Real Time Clock. If you check this option, clock-based events in any Pokemon game will be based on your computer's clock, and will change accordingly, much like how NO$GBA handles it for DS emulation. If your computer clock says 9:00 PM, it will be 9:00 PM in the game. If you change your computer clock to say 3:00 PM, it will magically turn light the next time the emulator looks at the computer's clock, which sometimes takes entering a battle or a new area to trigger. You will no longer get the 'clock-based events will no longer occur' message on start-up, and it is irrelevant whether you use save states or in-game saves or even just leave the emulator on indefinitely. When you make it the active window and move to another area, it changes the time in the game to the time your computer says it is. So I don't know why you keep saying this. As you're just wrong. I think I originally checked the option when my emulator did not have a rom loaded... You may have to experiment a little to get the option to turn on successfully, closing and re-opening the emulator and restarting the game and such, but it didn't take me more than fifteen seconds to make it work.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2015
Okay I have ice smash n got in front of the big rocks n it doesn't do anything? ?

Back