• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2011
okay, then i will just go on with the new event. thanks everyone for trying to help me.

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2012
Question about the Pokemon league and a orange islands question. First will charzard obey at all during the pokemon league and I know its still a little ways down the road but will we be able to catch the crystal onyx I really wanted to since I saw it in the anime. I also wanted to know if this is a bug or on purpose when you fight the giant onyx in the bruno quest it makes the sound of a mew. Thanks an advance for any answers to these questions

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Question about the Pokemon league and a orange islands question. First will charzard obey at all during the pokemon league

No, it won't.

and I know its still a little ways down the road but will we be able to catch the crystal onyx I really wanted to since I saw it in the anime.

No, it will be uncatchable.

I also wanted to know if this is a bug or on purpose when you fight the giant onyx in the bruno quest it makes the sound of a mew. Thanks an advance for any answers to these questions

I used one of the extra Pokemon slots to create the more powerful giant Onix (and giant Tentacruel), but unfortunately those slots don't allow for repointing Pokemon cries, so Unown's cry is stuck to it.

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2012
Thanks for everything shame about the onyx but I'll live keep up the good work can't wait for the pokemon league

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I've been making steady progress with the Pokemon League - just finished the third round battle from Fire and Ice. I'll have time to work on it tomorrow as well.

DashBlacK

DashBlacK ~ The Last Chader
Years
I've been making steady progress with the Pokemon League - just finished the third round battle from Fire and Ice. I'll have time to work on it tomorrow as well.

I have to say metapod, you are really putting a lot of time, effort and hard work in to this hack. Hope you are able to finish one of the best hacks ever. Good luck!

redwolf915

Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 28, 2014

Please please please make sure we can win more battles and become champ. Wouldn't worry about scripting for the rest of the game that Ash is the champ, just for flavor.

KurcioDurcio

Attempting something new
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2014
Metapod, I played the whole game again, it works fine now the breeding center glitch although can you make sure a glitch would happen in the next beta because I wouldn't want to start over again (although the game is amazing.)

Edit: dunno if its asked before but how do you catch what the chef wants? like slowbro and such.

Last edited:

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
Just played through the beta and I enjoyed it, although I didn't understand one thing, if Pokemon like Pikachu, Bulbasaur and Squirtle aren't supposed to evolve, my don't you just remove the evolutionary requirements so they can't?

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2014
metapod23 i think you should extend beta 3.5 because it looks like you're half way through and releasing it bthis soon after beta 3 will kill the joy of waiting for the beta

Years
metapod23 i think you should extend beta 3.5 because it looks like you're half way through and releasing it bthis soon after beta 3 will kill the joy of waiting for the beta

In my opinion it's metapod23 decision on when he releases betas, and tbh I'm waiting for beta 3.5 since I want to be able to play through the whole league.

redwolf915

Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 28, 2014
Just played through the beta and I enjoyed it, although I didn't understand one thing, if Pokemon like Pikachu, Bulbasaur and Squirtle aren't supposed to evolve, my don't you just remove the evolutionary requirements so they can't?

Because they COULD have evolved. Ash and his partners made the decision not to. But this is like an ahistorical retelling of the anime, with you deciding what happens to the team. Catch a Weedle instead of Caterpie if thats how you wanna play.

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2014
Man, i'm gonna fight Misty now.
Pikachu wouldn't fight her, where is a good place i can train?

The nearest grass will do, it may take some spamming that's your option. Or drain all your money on items like potions and stuff till your all of money is gone and train your pokemon on the staryu untill your strong enough to defeat the Starmie also.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Please please please make sure we can win more battles and become champ. Wouldn't worry about scripting for the rest of the game that Ash is the champ, just for flavor.

You'll be able to advance to the Elite Four if you're good enough - it will be really hard, and if you lose, you'll have a chance to do it again after the Orange Islands.

Edit: dunno if its asked before but how do you catch what the chef wants? like slowbro and such.

Just catch and evolve the Pokemon. It's just a sort of fun side-quest. The chef asks for different Pokemon and gives you different berries.

I didn't know people enjoyed waiting for betas. :/
I'm at a part of the hack I'm really interested in/enjoying hacking, so it's coming quicker. And I do feel like I've left you guys hanging because I'm sure you want to at least battle through the league now that you're at the doorway, so to speak.

I'll probably be taking a break after I finish the Kanto arc, too, and I'd rather take a break after I do the league, than before.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Meanwhile, go back to Maiden Peak outside of Saffron City and use your item finder - you should be able to pick up a blue shard there (up north, near the statue of the maiden, but on the beach beneath it) - as long as the hidden item is working properly.
It is working =) I got my shard that way =)

Use A-Map xD xD

It's so they CAN evolve. You can evolve them if you want ;)
I did it in previous versions and for some reason not evolving them was better... Oh yeah I EV trained xD

Man, i'm gonna fight Misty now.
Pikachu wouldn't fight her, where is a good place i can train?
EV train your Pidgeotto for speed, outspeed Starmie and spam Sand Attack then you can pwn it with Wing Attack =)

Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2023
If i want to play Ashgray version 3.03 on vba theres a pop up sayeing error :(
Can someone please help me ?

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2012
I had a few questions about obtainable pokemon can you catch machop, ponyta, gastly, slowpoke, mr. mime, fardfetch'd, jynx, hitmonchan, hitmonlee, vulpix, doduo, drowzee, cubone, koffing, tangela, electabuzz, magmar, pinsir, ditto, or eevee sorry about the big request but I've been looking for them all and can't find them the pokedex isn't helping. One more thing is there a way to evolve pokemon like kadabra or graveler yet thanks for anyone who can help me

Back