• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2014
Great game !
Just few bugs and errors
-Trainers card (I see it was already mentioned)
-The sign before entering Atlantic cave (u can go through it)
-When i try to talk with entei - the game freeze
-In Aroma town, if u battle your teacher again, she is not looking at u :D - ignore
- Gabite learned Iron head (NOrmal type move? Its steel type move)
-Move tutor in atl. cave - he says he can learn me stone edge, but then its rock slide
And a few questions
-Is Charmander really in Atl. cave? I spend cca 2 hour walking in there, but no luck
-Are u going to put Meloetta in? - It would be great

Team: Gabite (lvl 44)
: Blastoise (lvl 44)

Edit: Tornadus on the beginning: haha Funny against lvl 12 Gible. :D
Edi2: Ok.. i found Charmander. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2018
@DRG
The event still doesn't work for me, including victini event in aroma town.
Bug:
1. hippopotas is water type?
2. In aroma town/city i always get charmander, i think it should be chikorita.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Here's my detailed bug report.

I've played up to the third gym and here are the things I'd like to mention.

First thing... "your x you're". It's probably my opinion but I'm alergic to "you're" being replaced with "your" just to avoid ' character or I don't know why...
But it's really filled with cases where "your" is used instead of "you're"...

Ivan's script after you return: [player] instead of [rival]. It looks kinda weird that game says you bring the thing your rival brought =D

Rival's final talk in Tiki Village is ended with random symbols.

Once you obtain Munna it says "EEVEE is transported into the PC".

Some Pokémon icons aren't moving (don't have 2nd icon frame).

Volcarona is VolcOrona (oh god that traded Larvesta :/ Not obeying makes it practically useless :/ But well, I managed to stick with it xD)

Pete's talk in the vestibule to Lavaburn Forest "No ,No" (it should be No, No).

Lots of movement permission errors in Lavaburn Forest.

Why is female Nidoran in Flamen City referred as male? :D

I think the Tarea's talk is kinda bugged... even if you reject her offer she will say the line with you not having a Water type.

Heatmor's sprite is kinda ugly o.O

Dread Swamp has weird border.

Some bad eggs in boxes.

Tynamo is Spinda, isn't it? (It's intentional for seeing the infection? =D)

RampOrdos? o.O Rampardos is misspelled.

Frillish should be male-only since you implemented only its male sprite =)

Old dude in the Dread Swamp's second PokéCenter has a text outta bar.

Movement permission error in the Dread (Atlantic) Swamp.

Little tile error.
tileerror.png

Eon's talk is also ended with random characters.

Atlantic City gym's sign has Misty.

Movement permission error in Atlantic City (you can walk on the rock south from the Gym).

Border between Atlantic Path and Cape is bugged.

Watchog has Effect Spore ability for some reason.

You can walk through the signpost next to Ash in Atlantic Cape.

I couldn't activate Entei's event o.O Game was acting like the var was already set...
Setting different var fixes this problem...

Brock's saying "Charizard has is" I don't think it's intentional xD

(Was Entei supposed to be strong? I owned it with 2 Stone Edges...)
TOO EASY!

Hiker on Aroma Path has Boldore with Struggle.

Victini's event was acting weird as Entei's one...
And... how to say it... there's a TON of grammar mistakes there :/
I'm not grammar nazi but it wasn't really nice seeing so many mistakes :/

Syndey's talk in Titanic also has some visible grammar mistakes and misspellings.

Lucario and Riolu have different growth rates.

Prof. Ivan's script in Mystic Falls also doesn't respond...
It seems it must be my ROM...

But as I see it doesn't seem to be the case since emem has the same problems as I do...
I managed to do the events by changing the vars but I wasn't able to fix Vicitini's level script and had to do it by using person event...
It seems you really need to look into it :/

Some other things :D
Pokémon on Google, LOL xD
Female grunt is cute
Avengers, LOL xD

And my dream team :D
20120802220846.png

Anyways, I'm enjoying the story and hack so far, it's pretty well done even though those bugs are really annoying :/
And also I might be a masochist but I'll say that the difficulty wasn't that high as I expect from reading what you said about it =D The Brock and Entei after 2nd gym wasn't hard at all... not to mention I had only Shelgon and non-obeying Larvesta... But I guess it's easy BECAUSE I trained only Shelgon =D
I'll add the rest tomorrow and I hope I said everything I wanted...

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Thanks everyone, I'll have Tajaros look into these bugs along with me today.

EDIT: Okay I fixed Rampardos's name/Watchog's effect & type/ Hippopotas's effect & type/Lucario's base exp/Iron Head's type/Frillish Gender/Volcarona's name/and the movement positions. Tajaros will look into all of the script errors tonight. Mostly the Brock Event/Ship Event/Victini Event that's not activating right. We'll get the beta in much better shape.

Last edited:

PokemonMasters

Always Remember Forever&After
Years
i found a couple of bugs.
- after beating the man in mystic falls he doesnt say anything.
- you cant go inside the houses in mystic falls.
- the hiker in mystic falls near the pokemart has a blank dialogue.
- dragon rage is the attack that inflicts 40 damage, not dragon pulse.
- i dont think dragon pulse inflicts 40 damage because when i used to on a snorlax the hp was still more than 3/4's and it was level 20 something. also when i used it on sydneys level 30 fracture it died.
- when your in mystic falls, there are no grunts in grass isle but when you go to grass isle they instantly appear.
- when you beat nurse joy and doctor roy in mystic falls it says you beat nurse joy and trainer roy.
- in the pokemon lab in mystic falls when you go in the 3rd room and talk to one of the guys they say "i caught the last larvesta in lavaburn forest well aw aw well" , then it shows the yes or no box
- in the pokemon lab in the first room a guy says "reat" then it shows the yes or no box.
- when you go in the s.s titanic the two grunts in the door dont say anything.

Last edited:

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
i found a couple of bugs.
- after beating the man in mystic falls he doesnt say anything.
- you cant go inside the houses in mystic falls.
- the hiker in mystic falls near the pokemart has a blank dialogue.
- i dont think dragon pulse inflicts 40 damage because when i used to on a snorlax the hp was still more than 3/4's and it was level 20 something. also when i used it on sydneys level 30 fracture it died.
- when your in mystic falls, there are no grunts in grass isle but when you go to grass isle they instantly appear.
- when you beat nurse joy and doctor roy in mystic falls it says you beat nurse joy and trainer roy.
- in the pokemon lab in mystic falls when you go in the 3rd room and talk to one of the guys they say "i caught the last larvesta in lavaburn forest well aw aw well" , then it shows the yes or no box
- in the pokemon lab in the first room a guy says "reat" then it shows the yes or no box.
- when you go in the s.s titanic the two grunts in the door dont say anything.

I'll fix those, thanks for notifying us... :)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Don't you think it's because Dragon Rage was replaced by "Dragon Pulse"?

And noone cares about my EPIC team, booooo :(

Well, screw that, I'm seriously curious about Tynamo :D Is it really Spinda as I mentioned? Because you can see lotta different Tynamo in the cave (they have brown dots like Spinda).

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2024
Great game !
Just few bugs and errors
-Trainers card (I see it was already mentioned)
-The sign before entering Atlantic cave (u can go through it)
-When i try to talk with entei - the game freeze
-In Aroma town, if u battle your teacher again, she is not looking at u :D - ignore
- Gabite learned Iron head (NOrmal type move? Its steel type move)
-Move tutor in atl. cave - he says he can learn me stone edge, but then its rock slide
And a few questions
-Is Charmander really in Atl. cave? I spend cca 2 hour walking in there, but no luck
-Are u going to put Meloetta in? - It would be great

Team: Gabite (lvl 44)
: Blastoise (lvl 44)

Edit: Tornadus on the beginning: haha Funny against lvl 12 Gible. :D
were did you catch squirtle

Is lucario or riolu obtainable because i really want one

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@_Ash493

lol YES, Spinda was replaced for Tynamo.

Tajaros has been working & fixing the event problems. Hopefully, the events will work the same for everyone once he's done.

soulblitz

Beta Tester
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2015
Any tried to look at the pokeDex, the game crashes when i go into Gible's entry. idk about the other starters.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@_Ash493

Pure Coincidence lol. When I realized it, I'm said to myself "Hm, I may as well use it somehow as apart of the story!"

@_Soulblitz

Interesting glitch there. I haven't heard any issues on the pokedex. I'll check it out. I plan on changing the pokedex order by the next beta anyway. So I wouldn't worry too much about that error, it'll be fixed in due time.

After Tajaros makes sure the Entei/Victini/Ship Events works properly for Everyone who plays the Hack, and I fix a couple of scripts within the OWs and boarder blocks, we're gonna move on to start Beta2.

Last edited:
Years
Yes. I failed to mention that the brock event with entei and characters did occur like you posted in the screens on the last page which was amazing. So did the victini event. however the ship event did not. I finish the beta a few minutes ago. it was fun. the characters are very interesting. the story had me glued to the screen to see what will happen next. In my opinion if you continue your progress and correct the bugs this could be one of the best hacks ever made. the errors are the one thing thats holding this hack back from being outstanding. I do know you will fix them in due time. I await beta 2. goodluck and thank you.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
@_Ash493

Pure Coincidence lol. When I realized it, I'm said to myself "Hm, I may as well use it somehow as apart of the story!"
I see =D Well it's because Spinda has (like Castform) special data in ROM which makes Spinda or anything that replaces Spinda different in each encounter =D

@_Soulblitz

Interesting glitch there. I haven't heard any issues on the pokedex. I'll check it out. I plan on changing the pokedex order by the next beta anyway. So I wouldn't worry too much about that error, it'll be fixed in due time.
It's pretty common Fire Red bug... the second page of Pokédex simply doesn't exist so it freezes the game =D

Anyways I finished the beta and here's what I found.

Mismagius misspelled.

LOL :D This was cool xD
loliqr.png

Light's script also doesn't work.
Are you supposed to do it after Amaris's Mansion or before?

Conarp? o.O I was like "WTF IS THAT?!" xD

Blizzard route has signpost of Underground Path

Joy-san in Iceland City doesn't want to battle :(

You need to talk to some grunts/goons to battle them in the Underground City.

Tile error
tileerror.png

It seems the only problematic events are Entei's, Victini's, Ivan's and Light's...
Other scripts are working correctly.

As I said, I enjoyed the beta so far. The story is really well done and I'm eagerly waiting for the climax =)

My team:
20120803155149.png

But I wouldn't adjust the difficulty of beta 2 according to this =D I trained like mad xD

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2012
Question what is suppose to happen during the entei event? I get to where Brock and Ash are and nothing happens I talk to Brock and he says he is free, and I can't talk to anyone else around besides entei, and it acts like a shop is something suppose to happen there?

Back