• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

RKO90

Legend Killer
Years
Alright, thanks for the answer DJG. I hope that when the new update comes out, I'll be able to battle the guardian dragons again... :P

By the way, another tiny bug that might be interesting to you: I had a save state before the last RD, I think (quite useless anyway, since my team is underleveled except for Chaomega, can't use that to defeat the Dragon team :P); I tried to use Dig to get out and train more my team... surprisingly that worked out, but just like when I lost in the other save state, when I talked to Chaomega, it acted just like I have beaten the game.

CrimsonK

That one guy.
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015
Well, I've got to say, I am really enjoying this hack! It's one of the best, most complete I've ever played. I also highly approve of the evolutions for previous pokemon.

One question, though: would there be any way to check the max stats and what moves the unofficial pokemon can learn? I'm curious as to whether Voltote is any good, because I'm considering using it. Also, I'd like to know how much better Exeggutor and Skarmory's evolutions are, considering how awesome they were originally.

Edit: I know it's probably already been asked, but how do Exeggutor, Skarmory, Volbeat, and Illumise evolve?

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Well, I've got to say, I am really enjoying this hack! It's one of the best, most complete I've ever played. I also highly approve of the evolutions for previous pokemon.

One question, though: would there be any way to check the max stats and what moves the unofficial pokemon can learn? I'm curious as to whether Voltote is any good, because I'm considering using it. Also, I'd like to know how much better Exeggutor and Skarmory's evolutions are, considering how awesome they were originally.

Edit: I know it's probably already been asked, but how do Exeggutor, Skarmory, Volbeat, and Illumise evolve?

Beatote's default total stats is 496.
And also, I think you can open the game through YAPE if you really want to view their attacks and stats.
Exegglent's base stat is 590 while Skarmiger's base stat is 520.

And about the evolutions...
Exeggutor evolves into Exegglent when you use a Sun Stone.
Skarmory evolves into Skarmiger when it reaches level 35.
Volbeat and Illumisé evolves when they reach level 25.

Alright, thanks for the answer DJG. I hope that when the new update comes out, I'll be able to battle the guardian dragons again... :P

By the way, another tiny bug that might be interesting to you: I had a save state before the last RD, I think (quite useless anyway, since my team is underleveled except for Chaomega, can't use that to defeat the Dragon team :P); I tried to use Dig to get out and train more my team... surprisingly that worked out, but just like when I lost in the other save state, when I talked to Chaomega, it acted just like I have beaten the game.

I'll try and check this out.
Thanks for this report.

Thanks for the help, DJG. I'm very impressed with the work you've put in to this, and it turned out great. I just have one idea, though... maybe give the player one (or two) Master Ball(s) right at the end of the game so we can catch the Ruby and/or Sapphire Destiny Pokemon?

Also, I'm not sure I was clear earlier. I meant I went to the edge of time, and I lost either against one of the Ruby Destinies, or against Might/Patty. When I went back to try again, it acted as if I had beaten it, and not lost. Hope that clears things up.

The Ruby and the Sapphire Destinies aren't meant to be captured, sadly.
And thanks for clearing this more. I'll check on this and hopefully I can fix it. =/

Hey Djg A quick question:
I have completed the normal version of the game and am in Guardia town now where do i go and what else could i do? DETAILS PLZ

Train yourself to go up against Princess Alice of the Leon Empire so you can get the 8th symbol.
Then train yourself some more so you can enter the Hevah League, beat the champion, and then you can encounter the Dragon Gods in their respective locations.
Breatherna is in Breeze Island, Angeallen is in Mount Krystal, Devihel is in Ore Mines of Twilight Path and Rayquaza is in Mount Leon of the Leon Empire.
Then, you can visit Giratina/Shaymin in Lost Shadow Valley.
After, go and see Chaomega in the Tower of Fate so you can start collecting the Ruby Destiny Fragments.

zeldastriker

Just a Guy Who Loves Flygon
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 10, 2019
Ah, well... I can always hack in some masterballs to see their stats/moves/abilities.

Years

Beatote's default total stats is 496.
And also, I think you can open the game through YAPE if you really want to view their attacks and stats.
Exegglent's base stat is 590 while Skarmiger's base stat is 520.

And about the evolutions...
Exeggutor evolves into Exegglent when you use a Sun Stone.
Skarmory evolves into Skarmiger when it reaches level 35.
Volbeat and Illumisé evolves when they reach level 25.

I'll try and check this out.
Thanks for this report.

The Ruby and the Sapphire Destinies aren't meant to be captured, sadly.
And thanks for clearing this more. I'll check on this and hopefully I can fix it. =/

Train yourself to go up against Princess Alice of the Leon Empire so you can get the 8th symbol.
Then train yourself some more so you can enter the Hevah League, beat the champion, and then you can encounter the Dragon Gods in their respective locations.
Breatherna is in Breeze Island, Angeallen is in Mount Krystal, Devihel is in Ore Mines of Twilight Path and Rayquaza is in Mount Leon of the Leon Empire.
Then, you can visit Giratina/Shaymin in Lost Shadow Valley.
After, go and see Chaomega in the Tower of Fate so you can start collecting the Ruby Destiny Fragments.

Thank you very much friend for the hints and details...

Well does anyone knows where is a good training place?

Last edited:

CrimsonK

That one guy.
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015

Well, I tried that to start out with. For some reason, YAPE does not recognize Ruby Destiny as a loadable rom...

zeldastriker

Just a Guy Who Loves Flygon
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 10, 2019
DJG, I have a MAJOR bug to report and it actually prevents me from continuing. At the event with Sprizzle and Felinar at Leon Empire. I had found Sprizzle two times, and then I was about to encounter it, but I flew away to buy some Ultra Balls, and when I got back it wasn't there any more, but when I went to proceed, it said "I wonder what that other Pokemon's up to..." I can't go any further.

Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
Does YAPE show base stats like bulbapedia does, because that is what I use but it's slow because it doesn't show it in a useful form? Also, I got YAPE and tried to use it but I got an error trying to open LOG but not Light Platinum and a ruby base.

CrimsonK

That one guy.
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015
I found a small glitch in the safari zone. Whenever abra teleports me to the desert area, I talk to it again in order to teleport somewhere else. No matter how many times I try, it only teleports me right back to the desert area.

Edit: In order to avoid double-posting, I'll say this here. First of all, this is a very fun and good looking game. The only thing that bothers me is some of the Fakemon sprites. It's not that the designs are bad, (most are quite good, actually.) it's just that some of them don't fit into the art style of the rest of the pokemon. In battle, they feel out of place. (Especially Furunny. I inwardly cringe every time I encounter one.)

For instance: Chirpich's regular sprite looks great, but its back sprite is awful...

I'm not asking you to get rid of them. Rather, I think they need to be altered or maybe even redrawn to fit more with the pokemon art style. I'm no sprite artist, so I'm afraid I don't have any concrete suggestions on this kind of thing. :(

Anyway, that's just a small peeve on an otherwise awesome game. Besides that and a few places where the ground looks awkward (sharply angular ledges in some areas) this is a fantastic game. Get someone to thoroughly go over the fakemon sprites, and you'd make a great looking game look even better!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016

Because it's locked and because it's locked, we should accept it ;)

Well, that would be the easiest way for me to determine the team I want because I use the base stats all the time to determine my team. I don't know any other way to look at the base stats of the pokemon in the rom besides bulbapedia which is more trouble than it's worth.

Years
the camera goes "out of whack" before the Zah battle

I know that this was apparently fixed in version 8 but i'm playing version 9 and it happened. Here's what happened leading up to it:

I beat the vessel
I beat Giratina
I lost against Zah
I whited out and returned to the entrance of dragon castle
I climbed back up
I didn't have to fight the vessel again, and went straight into the battle with Giratina
After the battle with Giratina, the camera went all crazy

Just putting it out there.
I also checked and I definitely am playing version 9 patched on a clean rom.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I finally took the time to complete the game! I really enjoyed it! :3

Because it's locked and because it's locked, we should accept it ;)

You could always just unlock it if DJG said it's okay.

CrimsonK

That one guy.
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015
Well, that would be the easiest way for me to determine the team I want because I use the base stats all the time to determine my team. I don't know any other way to look at the base stats of the pokemon in the rom besides bulbapedia which is more trouble than it's worth.

Well, you could always use Serebii.net to see the stats of official pokemon...

That still leaves the fakemon, though. No way to see any of their moves or stats...

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
What do you mean "locked"?

If DJG or someone else doesn't want you looking at their work, they can change the game header (for example, FR is BPRE and ruby is AXVE) to something else, which makes tools like A-map and Y.A.P.E. not recognize it.

AustinWolff

has left
Years
I know that this was apparently fixed in version 8 but i'm playing version 9 and it happened. Here's what happened leading up to it:

I beat the vessel
I beat Giratina
I lost against Zah
I whited out and returned to the entrance of dragon castle
I climbed back up
I didn't have to fight the vessel again, and went straight into the battle with Giratina
After the battle with Giratina, the camera went all crazy

Just putting it out there.
I also checked and I definitely am playing version 9 patched on a clean rom.

don't worry that happened to me too. I didn't lose to Zah, but after I ran away from giratina before the Zah battle, the camera went whack. oh btw, heres an easy way to beat all 3 of them:

Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back