• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

blazerj13

Impossibly Possible~
Years
little annoyed, but id like to see how your next game goes. looking foward to it, if you need any help, i got a load of people who would like to help. me included. although, im no good at scripting or spriting even mapping, but id love to help and learn if i can.

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2016
I want to play this, but when I download it, and it goes into the winrar file and I click on the file, I'm not sure how to open it, or go on from there. As I've never done this D:

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2014
Is it a glitch that i witnessed the ending of the game as soon as i entered lilycove, which was about 2 weeks ago? I'm currently stuck trying to figure out how to get faceleech and looking at the insane deadly seven gym that is completely senex-free, which i understand is because of snakewood's undeniable glitchiness, despite it's obvious awesomeness.

Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2014
Having finished the main storyline recently, I can now say that I no longer consider this the most enjoyable have I have played. I do however consider it to be one the of the most enjoyable video games I have ever played. And as much as I hate to ask for more help with every praise I give, I would just love to know how I can avoid being lasered by sharks when trying to enter that ship. I would play on and try and figure out myself, but I am just too damn lazy. I am so lazy that I played this game instead of preparing and eating a main meal today, but that is also as it is what I would rather have done. Thank you greatly for such an amazing game to play, without cost.

I had no idea how much gameplay I had left the last time I asked for help. I thought it was nearly over, now I'm finished and I still have lots more to do. I highly doubt your new project can top this game, now matter how buggy.

Edit: I can't believe I forgot to brag about my Shiny Graveill! It has the same pallet but at least she sparkles XD

k-van

Ruler of K-vanian Empire
Years
Hey in the first post it says you deleted the house that take me to route 121 but when i downloaded it and patched it, it is still there. Along with some other bugs. Like ppl with no text. And when I did the New Mauville puzzle and lost to wattson (before entering mauville), I ended up in mauville and the event didnt take place so I couldn't progress in the story.

Maybe something to look at...

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2011
I also noticed Mauvillians (?) did not speak (:
Except for one member of the inquisition.

And about the Wattson thing, go back, turn off the generator, and THEN beat him to continue.

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2022
Here's a trick to beating Wattson without having to lose to him (and losing half of your money). Use Escape Rope and walk to where you would normally end up after losing (poke mart?) Then go back and step on the button.

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
Hey man, congrats on finishing this hack! Or at least as much as you cared enough to haha

Anyway, I know its been a while since the last episode of my Snakewood run with Zyrtec (if you even bothered watching all of what there was :P), but we're back to uploading new episodes. So more episodes of me calling the hack creator stupid and then saying "lolj/k" 5 minutes later! :P

Here's the latest episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IulggQgIQB0

Don't worry, I won't be spamming your thread with episodes :P

Can't wait to play the rest of this! Congrats again!

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
Hey man, congrats on finishing this hack! Or at least as much as you cared enough to haha

Anyway, I know its been a while since the last episode of my Snakewood run with Zyrtec (if you even bothered watching all of what there was :P), but we're back to uploading new episodes. So more episodes of me calling the hack creator stupid and then saying "lolj/k" 5 minutes later! :P

Here's the latest episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IulggQgIQB0

Don't worry, I won't be spamming your thread with episodes :P

Can't wait to play the rest of this! Congrats again!

I see. Yep, Snakewood is just too buggy to continue. I'm quietly amazed that you two haven't come across a game-breaking glitch yet.

I also noticed Mauvillians (?) did not speak (:
Except for one member of the inquisition.

There should be no one in Mauville. This is a bug.

I killed Aerodactyl :'(
Is there any way to get it back? Q___Q

Nope. It's a one-time event.

Having finished the main storyline recently, I can now say that I no longer consider this the most enjoyable have I have played. I do however consider it to be one the of the most enjoyable video games I have ever played. And as much as I hate to ask for more help with every praise I give, I would just love to know how I can avoid being lasered by sharks when trying to enter that ship. I would play on and try and figure out myself, but I am just too damn lazy. I am so lazy that I played this game instead of preparing and eating a main meal today, but that is also as it is what I would rather have done. Thank you greatly for such an amazing game to play, without cost.

I had no idea how much gameplay I had left the last time I asked for help. I thought it was nearly over, now I'm finished and I still have lots more to do. I highly doubt your new project can top this game, now matter how buggy.

Edit: I can't believe I forgot to brag about my Shiny Graveill! It has the same pallet but at least she sparkles XD

To get into the ship, you must receive the mysterious phone call from the man in Lilycove Sewers. At the most northerly point in the sewers, there's a telephone; go near it to trigger the quest.

Hey in the first post it says you deleted the house that take me to route 121 but when i downloaded it and patched it, it is still there. Along with some other bugs. Like ppl with no text. And when I did the New Mauville puzzle and lost to wattson (before entering mauville), I ended up in mauville and the event didnt take place so I couldn't progress in the story.

Maybe something to look at...

Right. This is because you did the New Mauville puzzle before going to Mauville. I honestly didn't think that anyone would ever do that. Huh. I suppose I'd better look at it.

And I have no idea why the house is still there, since I definitely removed it. And there are, to my knowledge, no people without text; if you could tell me which ones they are, I can check and fix them if you like.

Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2014
I see. I have been unable to enter the sewers, encountering that 'one way staircase' script. The Deadly Gym is also empty, so I had thought maybe beating it was required to enter the sewers. Assuming it is a glitch that I cannot enter the sewers (as apposed to my own ignorance, which is more likely), I do think this game would benefit from one final polish, just to correct a few things in the latter game, and maybe a few scripts.

Anyways, I am just gonna delete that script in the sewers, hope for the best and what not.

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
I see. I have been unable to enter the sewers, encountering that 'one way staircase' script. The Deadly Gym is also empty, so I had thought maybe beating it was required to enter the sewers. Assuming it is a glitch that I cannot enter the sewers (as apposed to my own ignorance, which is more likely), I do think this game would benefit from one final polish, just to correct a few things in the latter game, and maybe a few scripts.

Anyways, I am just gonna delete that script in the sewers, hope for the best and what not.

Because you played the game backwards, you appear to be unaware that the only entrance to the sewers is in Lilycove. The one you are going through is the exit; please return to the outside world and go in through Lilycove.

Yeah, Snakewood could use polishing, but even when I put things in it that ought to work, they fail because bits of the rest of the game affect them. Don't think I haven't tried, but I can't be bothered to care quite that much.

how to get the updated version

It's in the first post.

What does the
Spoiler:
do?

Blocks critical hits.

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
Haha most of the bugs I've noticed so far (though I know I'm still early on) are graphical so its no issue. We did run into some stuff though (like that one glitch in episode 2 where the screen was stuck in the battle even after it was over and we had to save state it to fix it), but nothing game breaking...yet :P

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2011
LOVE THIS GAME/Question

This game is so awesome! Defenitely an interesting hack!

I started with a Paras and now this is my team

Parasect-35
Celebi(from hyperegg)-45
X32763(I named it GLaDos XD)-51
Pelliper-36
Aeromadio-30 (on Brain Link)
Raichu-36

My question is this: I beat Verocity and Winona in Fortree city, i got the call from Birch mentioning something about Vanderturf city but i don't know where to go after I'm done in Fortree. Any help?

k-van

Ruler of K-vanian Empire
Years
I see. Yep, Snakewood is just too buggy to continue. I'm quietly amazed that you two haven't come across a game-breaking glitch yet.

There should be no one in Mauville. This is a bug.

Nope. It's a one-time event.

To get into the ship, you must receive the mysterious phone call from the man in Lilycove Sewers. At the most northerly point in the sewers, there's a telephone; go near it to trigger the quest.

Right. This is because you did the New Mauville puzzle before going to Mauville. I honestly didn't think that anyone would ever do that. Huh. I suppose I'd better look at it.

And I have no idea why the house is still there, since I definitely removed it. And there are, to my knowledge, no people without text; if you could tell me which ones they are, I can check and fix them if you like.

I figured out the problem. I had to go to Mauville before New Mauville then that progressed the storyline and the event with Gleis took place. It was just pain redoing everything from Petalburg on. But yeah. If you go to New Mauville first, it messes everything up and some ppl dont talk. Like I couldnt talk to dantalion (or w/e the name is) in new mauville, I couldnt talk to any of the ppl in Mauville (since it is an event).

And also, with that house there in Petalburg, I was able to get a duskull which I evolved into dusclops. That poke is the key to beating Wattson at lv 100. With curse. Yes I did beat him with his guys at lv 100. After the battle, it acted as if nothing happened so I just talked to him and lost to progress in the story.

But at any rate, this is my team and I am going to Meteor Falls.

Linoone lv 39
Aerodactyl lv 41
Breloom lv 43 (SOOOOOO HELPFUL!)
Pelipper lv 42
Dusclops lv 42 (because of the house glitch)
Claydol lv 37 (with brain link)

Am I over levelled?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2011
Ahhh, I see.
There were a few FORMER Chefs fighting SALARYMEN.
And what looked like an Inquisition Admin telling me to take care of my Pokemon. O:

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Thanks for the quick response. Really enjoying the game so far (though I'm not that far yet, just lost to Wattson for the first time, and no glitches or other issues so far, though I did notice that you didn't change the sprites for going from walking to surfing...).

I'm only stopping because my computer wants to restart, but my current team is Vigoroth, Parasect, Linoone, Gigawolf, Qwilshark, and Mysteryegg, between level 23 and 33. I'm probably a bit underleveled, I know. >>'

I'll sing your praises in more detail when I get further in the game. But in summary, I've been waiting to play this for ages and it is totally living up to my expectations so far.

EDIT: Love the music in the whole deadly seven jail place thing! That whole area is just great.

EDIT: AUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH I just spent AGES raising a Beldum and then AFTER found the brain link

Last edited:
Back