• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

zumba

Skyline
Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2017
"Go back through Mt. Moon from Cerulean using the raft, around Viridian Forest by cutting down the trees, and back to Viridian City."

could u explain it better plz? im at cinnabar island. are u saying we have to backtrack alllll the way back to cerelean city on foot?

redwolf915

Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 28, 2014
"Go back through Mt. Moon from Cerulean using the raft, around Viridian Forest by cutting down the trees, and back to Viridian City."

could u explain it better plz? im at cinnabar island. are u saying we have to backtrack alllll the way back to cerelean city on foot?

Get the raft from the old man on the west side. Use the raft and travel east from cinnabar to find a cave that will take you to cerualean.

Years
Is this a bug? When I got out of the capsized ship and landed on the Island of Giant Pokemon, I picked up all my Pokemon but instead of Butterfree, I got the Raticate which I swear I traded back from the old guy. Is this supposed to happen?

Can someone please help me with this...? O_O

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2011
how can i patch beta 3.03? i tried to put it on a red fire rom using lunar ips but it doesn't work... it's still 2.5z... can someone help me?

KurcioDurcio

Attempting something new
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2014
I'd suggest you make a copy of the file (just in case you screw up) patch it up then transfer your save files.
Eg. ashgray.gba copy to ashgray2.gba
ashgray.sav to ashgray2.sav
renaming all your save and try that.

@metapod23: i dunno but mine still isn't working could you please make me a video guide or picture guide on how to do the changes because i don't know how to use advanced map. thanks.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I am using 3.03, The Mewtwo event just keeps me trapped on the island...
1.)Can't ride the ferry back to the mainland, if i go back to new island.
2.) Raft does not return after the Mewtwo event, so im stuck at the ferry port/dock , can't return to the river(no raft).

You have to go to the Pokemon Center, go to the PC, and use the warp system to return to Pallet Town. The raft is lost for now, but you can still access most of Kanto with the warp system your mom got you.

EDIT: I realized that it's possible to get to New Island without activating the Warp system by talking to your mom. That will be fixed in the next beta. Until then, use this patch to activate the warp system:

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/252805/AshGray3.03WarpPatch___GBA.ips

Talk to the Ash sprite in Old Wharf to activate the warp system if you hadn't before, and you can return to Pallet Town.

Like redwolf said, get the raft from the old man on Cinnabar, ride it off the east of Cinnabar then head north. It will take you up to the rock cave, which leads you back to Cerulean/Mt. Moon.

I'd suggest you make a copy of the file (just in case you screw up) patch it up then transfer your save files.
Eg. ashgray.gba copy to ashgray2.gba
ashgray.sav to ashgray2.sav
renaming all your save and try that.

@metapod23: i dunno but mine still isn't working could you please make me a video guide or picture guide on how to do the changes because i don't know how to use advanced map. thanks.

Did you patch it over a clean Fire Red rom, or an old version? I just want to know, because someone said patching it over a clean version fixed the bug you're talking about.

Can someone please help me with this...? O_O

It's not supposed to happen and I don't actually see how it could happen. When you arrive on the island, it doesn't actually take away any of your Pokemon, it just hides the Pokemon menu, so whatever Pokemon you had would still be there. The script just counts how many Pokemon are in your party and places that many poke balls on the island for you to pick up, and once you've picked up the last one, it shows the menu again. So I can't imagine how a glitch like that would happen.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2011
Could someone link me to the newest version of this please?
Sorry, I just don't want to read 50 pages to find it >.>

And can I run it on VisualBoy or do I need something specific?

Nevermind I didn't know the first post was updated.

Sorry

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2011
Could someone link me to the newest version of this please?
Sorry, I just don't want to read 50 pages to find it >.>

And can I run it on VisualBoy or do I need something specific?

Nevermind I didn't know the first post was updated.

Sorry

Yeah! You can run it with VisualBoy or with Nogba.

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2011
How do i trigger the pokemon league i did the fight with the guy that wants to win your badges because team rocket stole his but i cant get in the league now it says it dint start yet

zumba

Skyline
Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2017
does somebody wanna help me? i found the red shard located inside the tunnel leading to cerulean city. anybody know where the other two are? and how can i get back to saffron from vermillion?

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
How do i trigger the pokemon league i did the fight with the guy that wants to win your badges because team rocket stole his but i cant get in the league now it says it dint start yet

End of beta - no Pokemon League in this beta.

how did u complete the wartotle

You need Squirtle in your party.

and the wigglituff event??

You need to increase one of your Pokemon's toughness, coolness, and smartness with appropriate shards at the condition upgraders in Pewter, Vermilion and Saffron.

does somebody wanna help me? i found the red shard located inside the tunnel leading to cerulean city. anybody know where the other two are? and how can i get back to saffron from vermillion?

Shards inside of rocks are completely random. Just keep breaking them with the pickaxe until you've broken them all, then leave and come back and do it again. I would suggest using the Pokemopolis ruins as there's a lot of rocks there and they're easy to access.

GliscorOwnz

DatxGuyxJosh
Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2013
Where is Nurse Joy n Beta 3.03 When Officer Jenny Says To Go Look For Her ? Im at the place where you get the neo ticket from Dragonite. Officer Jenny said that theres a storm .

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Where is Nurse Joy n Beta 3.03 When Officer Jenny Says To Go Look For Her ? Im at the place where you get the neo ticket from Dragonite. Officer Jenny said that theres a storm .

Click on the water (to the right) again after talking to Jenny.

zumba

Skyline
Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2017
Shards inside of rocks are completely random. Just keep breaking them with the pickaxe until you've broken them all, then leave and come back and do it again. I would suggest using the Pokemopolis ruins as there's a lot of rocks there and they're easy to access.

where exactly are those ruins?

Back