• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen First Pokemon Demo

Years
XY was only laggy when using 3D, or against horde battles, so I would hope that this isn't much of a problem when it comes to the actual game.

I still don't have a demo code yet, and I don't know if I care enough to unless someone gave me one, as i've heard it's not that exciting.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I didn't encounter any lag or low framerates at all.

I beat the game 11 times through before you say I only played it a little bit.
Good for you if you can't notice it, but I can, and I'm not the only one.

It's fine if it doesn't bother you, I'm not trying to convince anyone. On ther other hand, I'm free to criticize Game Freak for this. To me, it's inexcusable.

EDIT: X/Y dropped frames way more times than in hordes and when using 3D. It's really obvious and obnoxious...

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Has anyone not received the newsletter still?

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
I've managed to get a download code and I've already gotten the last bonus (aka. the Heart Scales).

I didn't encounter any lag or low framerates at all.

I beat the game 11 times through before you say I only played it a little bit.

I've also played for around that amount, but I've already noticed the lag at the first mission, oh boy.

There's a reason why they disabled 3D during double-triple-rotation battles.

I still don't have a demo code yet, and I don't know if I care enough to unless someone gave me one, as i've heard it's not that exciting.

I got bored after the 7th or 8th mission. It managed to trigger my nostalgia though (Sapphire's my first game after all), but the repeating missions isn't really exciting. Sure you get to explore the mechanics of sneaking up on Pokemon, but...

Still, the mere fact that I get to walk around Mosdeep City in 3D is enough for me to play this thing again and again. It's just that the missions are so boring...

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
Still, the mere fact that I get to walk around Mosdeep City in 3D is enough for me to play this thing again and again. It's just that the missions are so boring...

And remarkably short. Having to restart from the title screen every 5-10 minutes wore down on me quite a bit.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
The frame rate dips are quite noticeable. Honestly, I don't really care. Pokemon isn't a game like MGS, and boy that game had even lousier frames.

I don't think such issues will be any different if the games were played on a New 3DS.

Not sure what's wrong with GF though, because Harmo knight was really smooth.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 29, 2015
pretty odd. i received the demo code from the pokemon newsletter the day it was released. this morning i got another download code for the demo, but this time it was from nintendo and not the pokemon company.

Years
pretty odd. i received the demo code from the pokemon newsletter the day it was released. this morning i got another download code for the demo, but this time it was from nintendo and not the pokemon company.

Yep, Nintendo announced that they would be sending out codes to select people this week. Just checked and found one sitting in my inbox (where it's been since yesterday, looks like).

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
The frame rate dips are quite noticeable. Honestly, I don't really care. Pokemon isn't a game like MGS, and boy that game had even lousier frames.

I don't think such issues will be any different if the games were played on a New 3DS.

Not sure what's wrong with GF though, because Harmo knight was really smooth.
Kind of disappointing considering RSE had the highest framerates in the series (tied with the first set of remakes made for the series)...I do believe that these are the first remakes to have lower frame rates than their original counterparts (and FrLg are higher than RG/BY, and HgSs were equal to GSC, I think).

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
I as well just checked my email and since I already have the demo would like to pass this one on to some one who can use it, just PM me and it's yours, first come, first served.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
I also got a code from the Nintendo Newsletter. Sent it to a good friend of mine who didn't manage to get one, so don't go asking me for it. :>

They said "select people", but I'm starting to question how they choose them. Or maybe they sent them out to all that registered US as their region that also subscribe for the newsletter.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Ugh everyone and their demos. No more codes her at all. Anyone got a spare EU one?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 8, 2019
Super secret mission

Has anyone had it yet in their ORAS Demo? I havent been able to get it i did however get more random heartscales and i spoke to a woman on an island and she talked about there being a super secret on the island wich confused me. Is it all random or do you have to activate it somehow?

εcho.

The silver ninetales
Years
Just checked my inbox and saw that I also got a code from Nintendo.

Since I've already got the demo, anyone who still needs a North American code, feel free to PM me and I'll share. :)

ETA: Code given out. c:

Last edited:
Years
I havent had it yet, i can now go into Steven house though, and i had a mission where Steven said there had been a strange man on the island, i got some gold nuggets after doing that

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Does anyone have a spare code? I never got one when i signed up for it.

Back