• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many shinny pokemon have you encountered?

Years
Found two shinies in my main copy of X recently - one was a purple Roggenrola in the Reflection Cave while I was looking for a Sableye, which is nice because shiny Gigalith looks really cool (blue crystals? Yes please). The other was a shiny Mareep that I found in a horde while I was EV training. It didn't even have a bad nature or something, so I might train that up for the heck of it.

pkmin3033

Excluding the red Gyarados...three. A Whismur in Ruby that I almost killed until I registered the fact that it had green ears, a Farfetch'd in HeartGold I really didn't want, and a Nosepass in a swarm recently in Y which took me about half an hour to catch because I had to slowly chip away at it. I've got a few more shinies than that from trading, but I don't actively hunt for them, so I don't have much to show for the last decade or so.

SlightlyWinged

Hyped for OR/AS!
Years
I've caught more shinies in X than I can think of right now. @_@ So I'll just recount the ones from Gens 2-5.

Crystal:
Igglybuff, from the Odd Egg. I never realized it was shiny until years later, I thought the sparkles were because it was a special Pokemon, being hatched from an egg.
Girafarig. I killed it, because I thought the blue nose meant it was sick and I couldn't run away from it. ;A; Stupid 11 year old logic!

Firered:
Zubat, Also killed it. I knew what shinies were at this point, and tried to catch it. Apparently the move I used was too strong, since it fainted. D:

Soulsilver:
A Vulpix, while I was grinding outside the Safari Zone. I actually caught him! Named him Silva, evolved him, and traded him up through to Generation 6.

I never encountered any shinies in R/S, D/P, or B/W. I caught the Red Gyarados in SS, and the shiny Haxorus in the Nature Preserve, but I'm not counting them.

Years
Guagsire & Donphan grinding to beat Red at the end of Heart Gold,

Frillish, searching for a Manetine in White 2

Sigilyph and Natu both egg hatched in Pokemon Y.

As for ones I didn't obtain myself, A Magmortar and Dusknoir off the GTS, a Garchomp from a previous save file on a used copy of Black 2 I bought, and of course the Shiny Gyrados everyone has from the Lake of Rage.

Years
Wow, I can't believe how many people have encountered multiple shinies! That's cool. I've never actually encountered one, which is weird because I've put hundreds of hours into pokemon games. :(

Boured

The Guildmaster
Years
Well that's hard REMEMBER BRAIN!
1. Primeape leaf green (ran away from did not know shines were rare at the time)
2. Zubat leaf green (caught)
3.charnivera white (caught) (can't write name correctly)
Good job brain that's all of them that I have ever found by myself and they were all encounter no poke radars

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
  1. Hoppip (SoulSilver, Wild Encounter)
  2. Pidove (Black, Wild Encounter, now an Unfezant)
  3. Mienfoo (Black, Masuda Method)
  4. Ratatta (SoulSilver, Trade)
  5. Zorua (Black, Masuda Method)
  6. Marowak (Black, Wild Encounter)
  7. Bouffalant (Black, Wild Encounter)
  8. Watchog (Black, Wild Encounter)
  9. Tympole (Black, Wild Encounter)
  10. Dialga (Event)
  11. Palkia (Event)
  12. Giratina (Event)
  13. Floatzel (X, Random Encounter. It's the only Floatzel I seen so far.)
  14. Alomomola (X, Fishing)
  15. Absol (X, Wild Encounter)
  16. Sunkern (X, Trade)
  17. Sigilyph (X, Wild Encounter)
  18. Dragonair (X, Wild Encounter)
  19. Riolu (X, Wild Encounter)
  20. Sawk (X, Wild Encounter. My most wanted Shiny.)
  21. Growlithe (X, Wild Encounter)
  22. Gengar (Event)

I got all of these in the span of three years. Before then, I had terrible luck when it comes to Shinies.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Rhyhorn (Gold, wild encounter. Didn't catch because I had no idea what a shiny was back then)
Kecleon (Sapphire, wild encounter)
Carvanha (Ruby, wild encounter. Found while searching for Feebas)
Kricketune (Soul Silver, wild encounter)
Corsola (X, shiny fishing)
Remoraid (X, shiny fishing)
Octillery (X, shiny fishing)
Delibird (X, friend safari)
Makuhita (X, breeding. Wasn't even using the Masuda method, first egg too.)

So 9 so far by chance. (Although I guess by chance might be questionable for the shiny fishing)

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
Years
I have played Pokémon diamond, heart gold and emerald. But I have never even encountered a shiny :(

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
Outside of chaining in D/P only 1 - A kricketot. That was really awkward. My sister found a shiny golbat in emerald though. And with chaining I got like 10 shinies - the ones I remember were Absol, Buizel, Murkrow, Larvitar and Swellow... I think. I know there are ones I'm missing though, that was like 6 years ago.

Back