• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Personal opinion - worst pokemon ever?

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I go with Delibird for the worst Pokemon. It's stats are pretty bad, and it's catch rate/encounter rate make it somewhat difficult to get. You go through all that effort, and all you get is a poor flying/ice type.

EmeraldRarity

Music Loving Pokefam~
Years
I usually hate all my least favorites equally but by generation
Gen 1: Charizard, Beedrill,Goldeen and Rattata
Gen 2: Unown,Delibird,Yanma,
Gen 3: Ludicolo, Nosepass, Cacturn.
Gen 4: Cherrim, Tangrowth, Infernape.
Gen 5: Amoongus, Boofalant, Zekrom,
Gen 6: Hawlucha, Dedenne, Bunnelby.

La Espada

Captain Ressentiment
Years
I was just posting about this somewhere else so I'm just gonna quote myself here...

Unown without a doubt. I mean, the thing has a smaller movepool than Magikarp. Not to mention all the hours I spent trying to catch all of them for the grand prize of being able to print out pictures of the worst Pokemon ever with the Gameboy printer I didn't have.

I mean, couldn't I just print from my computer?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Sometimes I rather take a gimmick Pokemon over something so poorly designed. Design is just such a big factor to me for a Pokemon. I think the fifth generation takes the cake for some of the worst/ugliest designs that I just can't stand them.

Emboar is a big one for me. It's not horrible looking as it is just kind of dumb and then that typing is pretty much what did it in. Watchog, Timburr line, Tympole line, Throh, Sawk, Vanillite line, Klink line, and Kami trio. Also not sure why everyone loves Reshiram but nahh.

I just hate the 5th gen a little too much sorry xoxoxox

Years
One of these:

Unown, Regi's, Lickilicki, Tangrowth, Probopass, Magnezone, Remoraid/Octillery, Barboach/Whiscash, Klefki, Voltorb/Electrode, Accelgor (Shelmet is cute though!), Durant, Crygonal, Exeggcute/Exeggutor, Spiritomb, Basculin, Klink/Klang/Klinklang, Amoonguss, Kyrurem (fusions especially bad)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 21, 2014
Koffing! hands down!

Once you play through Heart Gold/Soul Silver without a psychic type you begin to despise that pokemon.

PS. Anyone in this thread saying Hawlucha, I'm sorry we can't be friends :-(

Fedarik

Urist McHemlock

Jack Frost of the Jack Brothers
Years
I despise Luvdisc for many reasons.
1. All stats are crap, except Speed
2. It's ability is bad for it. It only doubles its best stat.
3. It has no evolutions at all. I know that there are good Pokemon who cannot evolve, but Luvdisc is the worst.
4. Who thought it was a good idea to give Wallace a Luvdisc in the champion battle?
5. I hate it so much, if I had to rename it, the name would be [CENSORED FOR EVERYONE] I'm not even going to bother renaming it.

The only good thing about it was to get Heart Scales. Go to Evergrande City (the entrance to Victory Road, not the E4), put any Pokemon with Covet in first slot. Use your Super Rod, use Covet on Luvdisc, run from battle (or a OHKO if the Pokemon is higher leveled), take Heart Scale. Wash, rinse and repeat.

firefight

I like people
Years
i dont know if its been said yet but in terms of design the worst for me is probably trubbish. i mean... look at it. it's literally trash. i've never actually used it so i dont know how strong it is but i doubt its strong enough to look over how it looks. i also really dont like gulpin. not only is it ugly and boring, its also weak! and its not like its evolution is any better. i dont know anybody that would spend time on it. i used to not like goomy... but its grown on me. it has some pretty good evolutions and now i think its acually pretty cute.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 16, 2014
What about the failure at pokelife that is this... garbodor- a pile of garbage that comes to life... what were they thinking.

images

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I despise Luvdisc for many reasons.
1. All stats are crap, except Speed
2. It's ability is bad for it. It only doubles its best stat.
3. It has no evolutions at all. I know that there are good Pokemon who cannot evolve, but Luvdisc is the worst.
4. Who thought it was a good idea to give Wallace a Luvdisc in the champion battle?
5. I hate it so much, if I had to rename it, the name would be [CENSORED FOR EVERYONE] I'm not even going to bother renaming it.

The only good thing about it was to get Heart Scales. Go to Evergrande City (the entrance to Victory Road, not the E4), put any Pokemon with Covet in first slot. Use your Super Rod, use Covet on Luvdisc, run from battle (or a OHKO if the Pokemon is higher leveled), take Heart Scale. Wash, rinse and repeat.
Yeah, at least they could have made Alomomola an evolution of it, and given that one a bit better stats :/

What about the failure at pokelife that is this... garbodor- a pile of garbage that comes to life... what were they thinking.

images
Well, Muk isn't much better is he? A pile of sludge, literally :p So I don't think the designs are getting worse these days. But yeah... garbage pokémon is just not a good idea imo.

Ovi

A PokeTuber Maniac!
Years
For me the worst Pokémon has to be sunkern. Aside from being a weakling his design is boring and when you make it evolve is not that great either. The only use I see for this pokemon is as decorations for my secret base lol

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
Years
If it evolves into something good, it gets an O.K. And not including Megas in this list, either.

A display of dumb-looking and poorly designed Pokémon throughout the ages.

alomomola.gif
Okay- so it ain't that bad, really- my main beef with it is that it means that Luvdisc is still a thing. It will never evolve. That's like making Magikarp and Gyarados two different lines.

ambipom-f.gif
Incessant stare, creepy smile, and groping sausage fingers. Where do we file a registry for this thing?
amoonguss.gif
avalugg.gif
electrode.gif
muk.gif
poliwrath.gif
probopass.gif

I actually kinda like 'em (a lot of these are actually among some of my favourites), but I do admit that they're pretty lazy designs.

azumarill.gif
It's an Easter Egg with appendages. What the hell is a "Water Rabbit"?
beautifly-f.gif
Butterflies are amongst the most beautiful sights in this world- until you see them up close. Way to emphasize their worst features there, Gamefreak.
carbink.gif
I just don't get what they were aiming for here.
castform.gif
Beware the flying testicles or poor design.
diggersby.gif
jellicent-f.gif
jellicent.gif
miltank.gif
pelipper.gif
stunfisk.gif
whiscash.gif
wobbuffet-f.gif
Funny, but ugly.
dodrio-f.gif
dugtrio.gif
Three-headed bird and a pack of dildos.
dunsparce.gif
Accurate to its legend, but its still a weird-lookin' bugger.
dustox.gif
Venomoth did it right the first time. You can go now.
garbodor.gif
swalot.gif
Muk did it right the first time. You can go now.

aromatisse.gif
jynx.gif
lickilicky.gif
purugly.gif
rhyperior-f.gif
So ugly that I can now look at my school yearbook photos with pride and admiration.
eelektross.gif
I don't know who thought Electric Eel = Used Condom, but- whatever.
genesect.gif
giratina.gif
heatran.gif
What is this supposed to even be.
klinklang.gif
I think it's their expressions, but the entire family looks tortured to me. Like they want to pass on, but cannot- and remain here trapped. Forever.
kyurem-black.gif
kyurem-white.gif
I get that that's kinda their point- but a failed creation is still a failed creation.
magnezone.gif
Purely personal. Magneton is one of my favourite Pokémon ever. I appreciate Gamefreak giving it the opportunity to grow into a more powerful contender- but I really wish that they just gave it the stat boosts and kept its design the same. I just think it looks cooler as it is.
manectric.gif
Its Mega is much worse- but the conehead isn't exactly sterling, either.

sawk.gif
throh.gif
Bert, Ernie? Sesame Street is over thataway.
stantler.gif
Sawsbuck did it right the second time. You can go now.
watchog.gif
I get the motifs behind it, but the whole is less than the sum of its parts.
politoed.gif
slurpuff.gif
tangrowth.gif
vanilluxe.gif
Why.

Trickori

A Gen 5 Hipster
Years
I have to admit, there are quite a few pokemon hovering at the bottom of the pile for me, such as garbrador, dunsparse, bunnlby, diggersby, and Camerupt. But there is one that, in my mind, tops them all and I can't stand to look at.

And that pokemon just got a mega evolution that somehow managed to make it even less appealing to me.

That's right, my LEAST favorite pokemon is: Glalie.

It's design alone makes me hate it. It just looks so bad. :(

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Okay, I am going to name just one, since the topic is "Worst Pokemon", not "Worst Pokemons". And that one is... Lickilicky! Why? Just why? Lickitung was a horrible Pokemon on its own, why give it a fatter, pinker, evolution with a shorter tongue and that curl in its hair?! It doesn't make any sense from any point of view...

Honorable mentions:
Vanillite line;
Kling line;
Dunsparce;
Jynx;
Mr. Mime.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Palpitoad.

I don't hate Pokémon, it's just not my thing. I want to try and at least appreciate a Pokemon's merits....but this thing makes it incredibly difficult for me to even take it seriously. His pre-evolution Tympole isn't much better.

It has to be the ugliest, daftest looking Pokémon in existence. I can't imagine the designer wasn't laughing his ass off while drawing it.

I actually really love the 5th gen Pokémon overall, but Palpitoad is a real black sheep for me. It's only saving grace is that it evolves into a Pokémon I feel neutral towards.

Last edited:
Back