• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favorite Music from Gen 5?

Trickori

A Gen 5 Hipster
Years
D-O-G-A-R-S -- DOGARS!!

... seriously though, Gen 5 had some of the best music as a whole, in my humble, totally-non-biased opinion. The music really got me pumped for battle, calm and thoughtful during the story, scared to death when fighting the main villain. I even bought the nearly 200-track album on iTunes for Black and White. This is excluding my nearly crying during the Gen 5 section of Symphonic Evolutions.

So how do you feel about the music? Do you love it? Does it not do anything for you? If you are fond of it what are some of your favorite tunes? My top ten would be (from least favorite to most:)

10. N's Castle
9. BATTLE: Legendary Pokemon
8. BATTLE: Team Plasma
7. Nimbasa City Theme
6. Route 6 Autumn
5. BATTLE: Ghetsis
4. Farwell (but not forever)
3. BATTLE: Cynthia
2. BATTLE: Reshiram/Dekrom/Kyurem (they're technically two songs, but one is a remix of the original)
1. BATTLE: Cheren and Bianca

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm surprised that the trainer battle theme didn't made that list, because I really love that theme so much! I also loved the Nimbasa and Iccirus themes as well. Used to have the Iccirus theme as a ringtone for a while.

Trickori

A Gen 5 Hipster
Years
I'm surprised that the trainer battle theme didn't made that list, because I really love that theme so much! I also loved the Nimbasa and Iccirus themes as well. Used to have the Iccirus theme as a ringtone for a while.

Oh trust me I was agonizing for about 20 minutes editing that list. I love the trainer battle, gym leader battle, and elite 4 battle themes as well. I mean with over 170 tracks on the album just picking 10 was so hard :(

Not to mention I had to keep my N-fan-girliing in check as well otherwise the list would have been all N themes and remixes all the time.

Years
Iris' Champion theme, which is to say the least one of my favorite tracks in the series. That's a track some have been divided on and is considerably different from the other Champion themes prior (except maybe Alder's), but I don't mind that. That track rocks my face.

There are quite a few others I could name but for now that is one that always comes to mind for me.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
Opelucid City, both versions. Both took me a few times to warm up, but when they did, both of them have become two of my favourite songs of the Pokémon series. Although if I were forced to pick one, it'll be the White version of Opelucid City.

I also like Reshiram/Zekrom's Theme and Cobalion/Terrakion/Virizion's theme.

RetroFanatic

Warlock
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 14, 2015
Hmm. Lemme see if I can make a top 10 list. Actually, I think I'll just list my favorite songs in no particular order. Too much effort to edit a top 10 list. Note: This is Gen V music exclusively and none of the remakes of older themes.

Battle vs Colress
Battle vs Iris (The good part begins about 30 seconds in and continues until the song loops, then good part begins at the same spot again)
Battle vs Gym Leader
Battle vs Team Plasma (do I spot a pattern here? Either way, this theme kinda sounds like a sinister carnival theme)
Route 10 (Alas, your journey will soon come to an end. And this sound sounds like it too. Pokémon Black & White only)
N's Castle (Such an ominous and beatiful tune)
Encounter with Alder (Sort of western (wild west) and indian inspired. I like it)
Driftveil City
Nimbasa City
Ancient Castle
Ending Theme (Pokémon Black & White. Best ending theme in a pokémon game to date)

pkmin3033

I didn't mind Gen V's music, but it didn't really hit any special notes for me when compared to earlier gens. The remixes were good, though - especially Cynthia's theme. I've always loved that theme, and I have to admit that BW did make it a lot better. The best thing about the PWT was being able to listen to updated versions of the classic themes, though.

Ghetsis' battle theme was hilariously and fantastically awkward, too. I kept half-expecting him to sprout wings and draw a sword. The DS wasn't quite equipped to do ominous vocals, I don't think.

I don't think it's so much the melodies that don't stick out to me as it the composition - these tracks sound a whole lot better to me in 8-bit, especially the Elite Four theme. Guess I'm just old-fashioned that way. xD

Years
N's Farewell, Just the feels, I wish there was a remake of this! We need Gen 5 remakes soon lol! I also liked Relic Song, Meloetta's Song. I liked Iris's Theme too.

pkmin3033

To be honest, I prefer the English version of that track...it's cuter. It was quite clever that parts of it got cut off as you beat her band members too...made me sorry I beat them. xD

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
My favorite track of BW/2 would have to be Champion Iris's theme. Really one of the best Champion themes in Pokemon. I really loved the wild battle themes, the trainer battle themes I didn't mind much. But that Neo Team Plasma theme though, it was too epic. very unexpeted too. Gotta love the drum solo. I also loved all of the Gym and Champion remixes for the Pokemon World Tournament. The ending theme for B/W is amazing too! ^^

Nakala Pri

Favourite track was in Driftveil City. :P I really like any hint of oriental tunes in music and it was pretty cool, made me think of bowing Mienfoo and Hitmonlee in a kimono. XD

Second favourite track is Ghetsis's theme, it's so cool and dark... mysterious... N's is cool but this one sends shivers, y'know?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
My favorites are the Neo Plasma Battle theme and the Remade Ghetsis theme in B2W2. But all around gen 5 had far superior music to the previous gen (not counting Remakes)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I love gen 5 music. I think it's some of the best in the series! Here are my top 5, though they're in no particular order:

- Legendary Battle (trios, Victini)
- Ghestsis Battle BW2
- Neo Team Plasma Battle
- Trainer Battle
- Virbank City

I also think they did a great job with all the town music in these games. It made them really memorable. In fact, I had to think about Virbank's name for about 5 minutes because I couldn't remember the name, only the music, haha.

Back