• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Remove Footprints on Pokedex (No ASM)

Are you favor with the loss of footprints in Generation VI?

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
Since Generation VI is a full 3D graphics, footprints of Pokemon have finally discontinued. Well, just respect the evolution of technology. Haha! Now, in this tutorial, we are going to do the "Footprint Removal" on Generation III. However, the function of footprints still exists in the game. I don't know some ASM things so I can't fully remove the footprints. In this tutorial, we will do some graphic manipulations. If you are confused with the "footprints" that appear while walking on the sand, then this is about the footprints shown in a Pokemon's summary data in Pokedex. This will be quite helpful for those who have hacks with Generation VI Pokemon. There are three parts in this tutorial: Ruby, FireRed, and Emerald. Alright! Let's do this:

Tools Needed:
Spoiler:

Part 1: Ruby:
Spoiler:

Part 2: FireRed:
Spoiler:

Part 3: Emerald:
Spoiler:

There you go! You can now have no footprints for Pokemon. If you have expanded Pokemon with expanded table of footprints, just use D378C4 (Ruby) or D37588 (FireRed) or C374F0 (Emerald) for the footprint of the expanded Pokemon. That should do it!

Last edited:
Years
Spoiler:

This is excellent! I always wondered why Gamefreak added footprints....xD

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 16, 2023
Really helpfull topic. I think you should change a bit the name of the topic cause I thought you meant the footprints of brendan/may on the beach.
It worked when I tried it.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
This is something I've been wondering about myself, what with hacks that contain Gen VI pokemon and all. I had only gotten as far as replacing the table with Metapod's print. The second half of the tutorial works perfectly!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
Really well written tutorial, is there one for FireRed though? :D

I haven't hacking FireRed for a while. Lemme try to make a tutorial for it. As soon I have done it, I will edit my post. :)

EDIT: Alright! I have a very little tutorial for FireRed. Check out the first post.

Last edited:

Swagger100

Lets Swagg
Years
Please help! Everything is fine until the 2nd step for emerald.After i finish the 2nd step and i try to check if everything is alright, all i see is a white screen.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
Please help! Everything is fine until the 2nd step for emerald.After i finish the 2nd step and i try to check if everything is alright, all i see is a white screen.

You might have missed something. Check if you have placed the hex values in an appropriate offset (ends with 0 4 8 and c). And check your pointers on the offsets given for repointing.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
This is Awesome xD , I never really liked the Footprints anyways :)

Me too... slight... although that it is never majorly acted in the games until Gen V (except in PMD Explorers of Sky, footprints are used for a mini-game, and also in DPPt for the footprint ribbon).

Can't you remove the circle itself too because now it looks pretty ugly. Good tutorial though.

Yes. You may not need to remove the circle... I have planned to remove it because it has no purpose. :3
EDIT: I think I have thought of a shorter way possible than doing those bytes.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 18, 2021
A simple alternative trick to remove footprint in [S-HIGHLIGHT]Fire Red[/S-HIGHLIGHT], which someone might concern to minimise the waste of space when come to pokedex expansion. The method simply bypass the table loading with empty footprint pointer.
Spoiler:

or goto offset 0x105d96, change the bytes to 00 48 88 75 D3 08 00 00

pretty sure emerald has the same way to deal with.

Back