• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Ho-Oh or Lugia

Charizard :P

A Wild Charizard
Years
Here it is, which of the two Johto legendary birds do you like the most?:

[URL=

Ho-Oh

Or

[URL=

Lugia?

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Lugia is more powrful and would beat ho oh in a battle but i like ho oh better for its colors and it does have a possibility of winning with dark type moves ;)

Dedenne1

Years
I like Lugia better. I've always liked the more peaceful looking version mascots.

True lugia does look more peaceful im surprised u didnt go for the fire type though lol
Also idk why they didnt make the types match up at all both flying but weird typing i think lugia shoukd be water it doesnt seem like a psychic type really
Ever think of mega ho oh and mega lugia i can only imagine ;)

La Espada

Captain Ressentiment
Years
It's always hard for me to decide between these two but I have to pick Lugia. I think it has a slight edge in design and I also prefer Lugia's Whirl Islands to Ho-oh's Bell/Tin Tower. I don't use legendary Pokemon that often but from the few times that I've actually used them, I've found Lugia to be a lot more useful despite its more defensive approach.

Dedenne1

Years
Well id say lugia looks more peaceful but ho-oh THE COLORS i mean its got rainbows

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
Booooo. All you folks need to learn what a cool pokemon looks like. And that's clearly not lugia. It's clearly Ho-Oh. Lugia looks like a mish mash of ideas that are totally uncool. Ho-oh is a goddamn phoenix for a sun for a tail. You guys are all so basic.

gnmmarechal

Hurricane the Blaziken
Years
Booooo. All you folks need to learn what a cool pokemon looks like. And that's clearly not lugia. It's clearly Ho-Oh. Lugia looks like a mish mash of ideas that are totally uncool. Ho-oh is a goddamn phoenix for a sun for a tail. You guys are all so basic.

Uncool is relative. I like one thing. You like another one. I'm not wrong. Nor are you. But I don't necessarily like what you like.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
Ho-Oh of course. No only is Ho-Oh an amazingly beautiful Pokemon, but it is also the Pokemon that has one of the most memorable battle themes from the G/S/C Days.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 2, 2016
Ho- oh is more powerful , has a more powerful special attack , but Lugia has more defense and special defense , so in a defensive team , Lugia is better ... but I much prefer Ho- oh hehe.

Charizard :P

A Wild Charizard
Years
For me, I'm a Ho-Oh fan. Lugia is a cool Pokémon and all, but I've always preferred offensive over defensive. And that design, IT'S AWESOME! And I've never really OWNED a Lugia, except in Firered, where I got it from the hidden Islands.

Years
omg pls

250.png

I love this beautiful rainbow phoenix! It had an amazing backstory and design plus resided in my favorite Pokemon location of all time, Ecruteak. There really is no competition at all here and it continues to be one of my favorite legends overall.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
For me, it's got to be Lugia, for sure!

Overall, its design is pretty fierce-looking, which is something I've always believed legendary Pokémon should have. Well, at least most. When I think of the word legendary, Pokémon that immediately cross my mind are big, powerful, courageous, and (sometimes) intimidating ones, and I'd say Lugia is among one of them.

Ho-oh is very pretty, and could be categorized here as well, but I feel Lugia defines "legendary" a little further, if you know what I mean.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 3, 2014
Lugia all the way Cuz it can defeat ho-oh and becuz i love lugia's design

SapphireMillennium

The Legend of Hoenn
Years
As much as I love Lugia, I like Ho-oh just a bit more. The reason for this is actually because of HeartGold, as I used to prefer Lugia. But the cutscene where Ho-oh descends/flies around the Bell Tower to battle the player is just so beautiful. Plus, dat battle music. :P

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I prefer Lugia. Lugia is a pain in the ass to get to and capture but it has more uses for me than it's more useless Ho-Oh counterpart.

Back