• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favorite version?

babaGAReeb

Banned
Years
Which version is your favorite and why?

buy black version

actually i thought zekrom was in black version, buy white version. zekrom is da boss :cool:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 29, 2014
I suppose that was to be expected. My apologies for going off topic.

Anyhow, I did intend to buy Black Version, but I only got White. I got Black 2, however.

I prefer White simply because I happen to own it and not Black. Stupid reasoning, but...

Years
Just cleaned up your thread a bit so it's asking a more general question that people can answer. Be sure to stay on-topic when posting and not spam - wouldn't want to close this thread, after all.

Anyways, I like B/W equally and have played both but White version is probably my favorite because it had Zekrom and I have a huge bias for electric types! Plus it had Whimsicott. :')

babaGAReeb

Banned
Years
Just cleaned up your thread a bit so it's asking a more general question that people can answer. Be sure to stay on-topic when posting and not spam - wouldn't want to close this thread, after all.

Anyways, I like B/W equally and have played both but White version is probably my favorite because it had Zekrom and I have a huge bias for electric types! Plus it had Whimsicott. :')
sarry

lol wut? i havent bought these games so i dont know but zekrom the black guy is in white version?

Years
Both versions do look nice, but Black's the one I like better because I liked its version exclusives and also that technological-look Opelucid City better. Also, while my current save file's Black City may be completely empty, I still love how beautiful it is compared to White Forest.

i havent bought these games so i dont know but zekrom the black guy is in white version?

The reason why black-colored Zekrom is in White and white-colored Reshiram is in Black is to evoke the image of the yin-yang, which is the motif the mascots were based on.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 29, 2014
sarry

lol wut? i havent bought these games so i dont know but zekrom the black guy is in white version?

Yes, the mascots for the first set of fifth gen games are the opposite color of the games, Reshiram in Black and Zekrom in White.

They're the same color in Black 2 and White 2, however.

babaGAReeb

Banned
Years
hmm if white mascot is zekrom and black mascot is reshiram shouldnt BW2 mascot be nothing since were dealing in opposites and there is no opposite of kyurem?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 29, 2014
hmm if white mascot is zekrom and black mascot is reshiram shouldnt BW2 mascot be nothing since were dealing in opposites and there is no opposite of kyurem?

Black Kyurem and White Kyurem are the mascots, created from merging Reshiram or Zekrom with Kyurem using the DNA Splicers.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 29, 2014
.......wut?

i dont get it

Alright, I'll go into detail.

Please, please don't let me get in trouble for spoilers. I don't know how to do tags.

Spoiler:

EDIT: Thanks.

Last edited:

babaGAReeb

Banned
Years
Alright, I'll go into detail.

Please, please don't let me get in trouble for spoilers. I don't know how to do tags.

Spoiler:

grope-ius..............

u kiddin rite? that cant be rite, that names ridiculous

well the other part makes sense, he gives u da dragon he used in the version u beat him

and heres how u spoiler! use the blue abc thingie

like this
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 29, 2014
grope-ius..............

u kiddin rite? that cant be rite, that names ridiculous

well the other part makes sense, he gives u da dragon he used in the version u beat him

and heres how u spoiler! use the blue abc thingie

like this
Spoiler:

It really is his name. Still silly, though.

That's possible the least weird thing about him, really. But yeah, he gives the dragon he got in BW to the player in BW2. So Zekrom in Black 2, and Reshiram in White 2.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
A general reminder - please stick to the thread topic. The thread is about which version you like more (Black or White) and why. It is not for discussing N's real name (you can make a new thread to discuss different things or take it to VM/PM), nor for arguments.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
I prefer White's version since I like Zekrom more than Reshiram, Braviary a bit more than Mandibuzz, Lilligant more than Whimsicott, I prefer White Forest over Black City since you can catch a few old gen Pokes and Opelucid's design is nicer.

Years
I prefer Pokémon Black :)

As much as I liked Iris as Champion in B2W2, in these games I really appreciated having the opportunity to battle Drayden in Black, and preferred him as a Gym Leader :) I'm also a WAY bigger fan of Rotation Battles over Triple Battles which Black was better for :) Little details in Black also appealed to me, such as the greenhouses in Mistralton City which I think was just empty soil in White.

I also liked a couple of the exclusives in Black (Murkrow and Houndour specifically) as well as other exclusives better to their White counterparts (Tornadus over Thundurus and Reshiram over Zekrom) :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Did buy Black eventually, but at first, I personally went with Pokémon White, as I wanted to get a hold of Zekrom. Knew that I wouldn't be able to use it while battling competitively and whatnot--it's a legendary just like nearly every other, so that's a given--but still wanted to test how it performed in-game. Plus, its design looked a lot better to me than Reshiram, so there's that!

Aside from the reason above, I also got it due to some other version-exclusives.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
I'd go with White. The only reason I chose white is because Zekrom is an awesome Pokemon. I prefer Zekrom over Reshiram anyday.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
I have played all the four Generation V core series game but the version I really favorite-d is Black 2, second is White 2. The sequels are better than the first because the sequels have tons of things to do such as Pokemon World Tournament (it is great and some Generation III Gym Leaders and Champions are remodeled as well), you get to play White Forest in Black 2/Black City in White 2 as well, and setting the difficulty in game (Easy or Hard just like Kingdom Hearts' Beginner or Critical modes). There are a lot of installments in the sequels than the prequels. I also liked the prequels because it has the first kind of final battle than the other games. Although that you can't get to grind Pokemon so easily because there is no VS. Seeker, trainer rematches. It is kinda bit annoying in the sequels that you can get Larvitar/Pupitar/Tyranitar in the game before the league and has Regional Dex BUT its area is only accessible after the League and has the National Dex. And, the ONE Kyurem is never revealed (no personal debut just stories). Generation V is kinda bit a Generation I (don't get it, don't you?). Haha. Anyways, Pokemon games are always so good.

Back