• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♫ Telepathic Melodies ♫ - Psychic Pokemon Club

Would you like to see competitions implemented into the club?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
Years
Username: Veranithas of Pallet Town
Partner Pokemon: Delphox
Why you want to join the club: Psychic-type Pokemon are my second favourite type of Pokemon (behind Electric), so I just thought it'd make sense! Plus, the social aspect. :)​

I agree, Mega Celebi would be rad. I just got my Pokemon Bank event Celebi in X, not really using him much at the moment (though I should, I need a Pokemon with Grass-type in my party T_T) but the few times I did, his healing moves and Magical Leaf really saved me!

My vote for a new Mega-Evolution Psychic Pokemon would be Mega Espeon, though. Personally I feel like all of the Eeeveelution Pokemon should be given Mega-Evolution, but since this is the Psychic club... ^-^

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
Years
Username: Veranithas of Pallet Town
Partner Pokemon: Delphox
Why you want to join the club: Psychic-type Pokemon are my second favourite type of Pokemon (behind Electric), so I just thought it'd make sense! Plus, the social aspect. :)​

I agree, Mega Celebi would be rad. I just got my Pokemon Bank event Celebi in X, not really using him much at the moment (though I should, I need a Pokemon with Grass-type in my party T_T) but the few times I did, his healing moves and Magical Leaf really saved me!

My vote for a new Mega-Evolution Psychic Pokemon would be Mega Espeon, though. Personally I feel like all of the Eeeveelution Pokemon should be given Mega-Evolution, but since this is the Psychic club... ^-^

Yeah, clubs are a great place to interact with fellow members. Welcome aboard, Veranithas! Mega Espeon... That'll be cool, and hopefully if they ever make one it'll have a secondary fairy typing of sorts.
Couple that with Magic Bounce and the plethora of added resistances and you have a potential beast in your hands. It's typing does need to change for a MEspeon to be worth it, though.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
If Mewtwo can get a mega, why not Mew? Mew was the original one out of the two, so it should get a very powerful yet cute mega evolution! Maybe it can follow the trend of a Psychic Fairy? Who knows, but give that legendary some justice! ;)

I agree with this too. It makes perfect sense to Megafy the Pokemon that originally gave rise to Mewtwo. Why leave it out of the loop? Haha. Yeah, I can imagine it to be even more adorable and much more powerful as compared to its unMega-evolved state. Also, that proposed Psychic/Fairy dual typing is really appropriate given Mew's petite physique. Some heightened usage in competitive battling is sure in need for this little legendary!

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
Years
I agree with this too. It makes perfect sense to Megafy the Pokemon that originally gave rise to Mewtwo. Why leave it out of the loop? Haha. Yeah, I can imagine it to be even more adorable and much more powerful as compared to its unMega-evolved state. Also, that proposed Psychic/Fairy dual typing is really appropriate given Mew's petite physique. Some heightened usage in competitive battling is sure in need for this little legendary!

They could be saving it for ORAS, but I'd be really disappointed if they didn't. Psychic/Fairy will make it a beast, giving it much more powerful offensive and walling capabilities, and allow it to run tons of unpredictable sets because Fairy mitigates it's crippling Pursuit and bug weakness. It may even rise to OU if it gets a Mega, who knows?

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
Years
Yeah, clubs are a great place to interact with fellow members. Welcome aboard, Veranithas! Mega Espeon... That'll be cool, and hopefully if they ever make one it'll have a secondary fairy typing of sorts.
Couple that with Magic Bounce and the plethora of added resistances and you have a potential beast in your hands. It's typing does need to change for a MEspeon to be worth it, though.

MEspeon, I like that! I don't think that GameFreak would give it a secondary Fairy-typing, though; there's already Sylveon for that. Perhaps they might add a secondary Normal-typing, making it Psychic-Normal? Or Ghost, Psychic-Ghost MEspeon would be absolutely boss.

I think it would be pretty amusing seeing a Mega Mew with a bit of size about it! Maybe not in the long run, but the initial "oh my god does Mew have muscles??" sort of thing would be really funny for a while.

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
Years
MEspeon, I like that! I don't think that GameFreak would give it a secondary Fairy-typing, though; there's already Sylveon for that. Perhaps they might add a secondary Normal-typing, making it Psychic-Normal? Or Ghost, Psychic-Ghost MEspeon would be absolutely boss.

I think it would be pretty amusing seeing a Mega Mew with a bit of size about it! Maybe not in the long run, but the initial "oh my god does Mew have muscles??" sort of thing would be really funny for a while.

Psychic/Fairy does seem pretty plausible if there was ever MEspeon, but no Eeveelution's ever got a Mega before, and while one can hope, I don't think that Espeon would be the first Eevee Mega if they ever decided to bring Megas to the Eevee Family. Psychic/Ghost would be nice, but it would be a drastic change from the normal Espeon, and I can't imagine what they would have to do to it design wise. :O

Spoiler:

I really don't have much ideas in my head on how a Mega Mew could look realistically, but. Surprise me, GameFreak. ;)

Current Topic

What Gym Leader / Elite Four Member / Legendary / Regular Trainer that used Psychic Pokemon gave you the most problems? Why?

Poll (In first page of thread)

Would you like to see competitions implemented into the club?

Last edited:

Lucky#13

Lucky Member
Years
I honestly can't think of a trainer/leader/E4 member that gave me a hard time using psychic types, because along with psychic types I love to have ghost and dark types too.

come to think of it Sabrina can be a challenge when there aren't many ghost or dark types available.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023

Welp, am I the only one who thinks that looks exactly like Mega Mewtwo, just more compressed and slightly cuter? I like the idea of having a Mega Mew, I just don't have much of an idea how they'd be able to pull off a design that doesn't seem like a Mega Mewtwo ripoff. Of course, it'd be awesome to see what they could come up with but I think Gamefreak would have some trouble designing it. :p That or they could just go for the same style as Mega Mewtwo with the whole 'we got a badass over here' sort of idea but that would defeat Mew's idea of being all cute and powerful. Anyway, lets hope for something awesome. ^^ (just don't give mew muscles/hair flow, that'd be kinda scary.) :(

What Gym Leader / Elite Four Member / Legendary / Regular Trainer that used Psychic Pokemon gave you the most problems? Why?

It's been a really long time since I've vsed gym leaders/elite four/legendaries etc. that were psychic types. In terms of battle, I had a really good swear at Lucian mainly because my knowledge on pokemon in general was pretty terrible. Being 8 and not knowing how to beat anything that can use super effective moves against Empoleon was pretty fun. (focus blast smh) ;__; But I got through it, somehow. Then I cried at Cynthia's Garchomp. Fun times being a pokemon trainer. :(

I think when it came down to capturing legendaries, I always tried to pull off the 'lets catch it in a pokeball stunt' but with Mespirit, I gave up. Being a roaming legendary, it would always flee and since I didn't have anything to prevent it, I hunted it endlessly across the whole Sinnoh region. Eventually, I just gave up and threw my master ball at it. Without thinking. I don't think I even cared, I just thought "lol k that was easy" and moved on. Don't think I ended up regretting it either. :D Anyway, Mewtwo was a pain to catch but I eventually caught it at half health. (even though I had thrown 20 pokeballs while it was in the red and asleep) pokemon logic op ;__;

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years

I remember in the early days Will would give me trouble because I was very unprepared. I think I had trouble with Sabrina in Red/Blue as well for a while. Not sure why, probably just being a kid under 10 years old.

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
Years
I honestly can't think of a trainer/leader/E4 member that gave me a hard time using psychic types, because along with psychic types I love to have ghost and dark types too.

come to think of it Sabrina can be a challenge when there aren't many ghost or dark types available.

Yes, while that wasn't the hardest Psychic Trainer that I had to face, my Pokemon were severly underlevelled, me playing through LeafGreen the first time and all. Not to mention you didn't get any viable dark types to train and counter, so I ended up beating her via pure grinding. I swear her Pokemon had perfect IVs, either that or my natures and IVs were really crappy. Somehow I think it's the latter.

Welp, am I the only one who thinks that looks exactly like Mega Mewtwo, just more compressed and slightly cuter? I like the idea of having a Mega Mew, I just don't have much of an idea how they'd be able to pull off a design that doesn't seem like a Mega Mewtwo ripoff. Of course, it'd be awesome to see what they could come up with but I think Gamefreak would have some trouble designing it. :p That or they could just go for the same style as Mega Mewtwo with the whole 'we got a badass over here' sort of idea but that would defeat Mew's idea of being all cute and powerful. Anyway, lets hope for something awesome. ^^ (just don't give mew muscles/hair flow, that'd be kinda scary.) :(

It's been a really long time since I've vsed gym leaders/elite four/legendaries etc. that were psychic types. In terms of battle, I had a really good swear at Lucian mainly because my knowledge on pokemon in general was pretty terrible. Being 8 and not knowing how to beat anything that can use super effective moves against Empoleon was pretty fun. (focus blast smh) ;__; But I got through it, somehow. Then I cried at Cynthia's Garchomp. Fun times being a pokemon trainer. :(

I think when it came down to capturing legendaries, I always tried to pull off the 'lets catch it in a pokeball stunt' but with Mespirit, I gave up. Being a roaming legendary, it would always flee and since I didn't have anything to prevent it, I hunted it endlessly across the whole Sinnoh region. Eventually, I just gave up and threw my master ball at it. Without thinking. I don't think I even cared, I just thought "lol k that was easy" and moved on. Don't think I ended up regretting it either. :D Anyway, Mewtwo was a pain to catch but I eventually caught it at half health. (even though I had thrown 20 pokeballs while it was in the red and asleep) pokemon logic op ;__;

Hmm..Lucian. I did remember his team of Pokemon and pretty easily exploitable weaknesses, but I did make the mistake of letting his Mr Mime, if I recall correctly, pull off the double screens. As a result, Bronzor, due to it's decent bulk and steel typing, was a real pain, but strong dark type moves pulled through for me.

Mesprit was the sole reason why I raised a Crobat for Mean Look, and it could've either been my wonderful luck or the fact that it had a high catch rate to make up for it being roaming, but a few Ultra Balls did the trick. I wasted my Master Ball on Palkia. ;_;

And if GameFreak manages to pull of a Mega Mew with a decent ability while at the same time retaining it's "cute" factor which is what sets it apart from it's cloned counterpart, it's definitely going to be a huge hit.

I remember in the early days Will would give me trouble because I was very unprepared. I think I had trouble with Sabrina in Red/Blue as well for a while. Not sure why, probably just being a kid under 10 years old.

I don't recall having a lot of trouble with Will, but it was pretty annoying because his Hypnosis and Confuse Ray kept screwing my team over, and while it wasn't hard persay, it was definitely annoying and did a good job of depleting my supply of Hyper Potions real quick.

I'm such a noob. I haven't answered the question. xD That's besides the point. Anyway...

The Elite Four member that gave me the most problems would have to be Caitlin, by far. Kind of ironic that I'm a fan of her even after losing to her the first time around, but she had quite a few Pokemon that were unusually bulky, and she had a lot of type variation when you're looking at it from a moves perspective. Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Psychic, Air Slash, Thunderbolt and the like. Focus Blast really caused heaps of problems for me, because she was one of the few E4 members that actually carried a coverage move, not to mention a plethora of moves, which really was able to exploit many vulnerabilities in my in game team and totally wrecked me the first time around.

Despite the fact that it wasn't a roaming Pokemon, Mewtwo was a real pain to catch. Level 70 wasn't messing around, and coming off his SpA I was continually throwing Ultra Balls and Hyper Potions and hoping he wouldn't recover, which was really what amped up the difficulty to a whole new level.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years

Sabrina gave me the hardest time of my life ever since Pokemon Yellow. Red/Blue, sort of easy. HGSS, a big headache. In B2W2, the PWT made Sabrina too powerful. Her Psychic types had an excellent movepool that sent my poor pokemon to oblivion. :( Plus, she was very evil in the magna series and scary in the anime.

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
Years

Sabrina gave me the hardest time of my life ever since Pokemon Yellow. Red/Blue, sort of easy. HGSS, a big headache. In B2W2, the PWT made Sabrina too powerful. Her Psychic types had an excellent movepool that sent my poor pokemon to oblivion. :( Plus, she was very evil in the magna series and scary in the anime.

Sabrina seems to be the top participant here. xD I remember her at Yellow. Apart from the pitiful Abra, she was a beast, since Psychic was broken before the introduction of decent big types and of course, dark types. If I remember her Pokemon were all Level 50, and she had the compete Abra family. Not someone to mess with.

Yeah, I actually didn't know until watching the anime that she was that scary. Honestly she wasn't completely evil per se, but that was no competition on the fact that the episodes that featured her was creepy.

Lucky#13

Lucky Member
Years
The Elite Four member that gave me the most problems would have to be Caitlin, by far. Kind of ironic that I'm a fan of her even after losing to her the first time around, but she had quite a few Pokemon that were unusually bulky, and she had a lot of type variation when you're looking at it from a moves perspective. Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Psychic, Air Slash, Thunderbolt and the like. Focus Blast really caused heaps of problems for me, because she was one of the few E4 members that actually carried a coverage move, not to mention a plethora of moves, which really was able to exploit many vulnerabilities in my in game team and totally wrecked me the first time around.

Ironically i had no trouble with her at all. Carrying around 1 fast ghost and 1 psychic with coverage took care of her team.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Username:
Partner Pokemon: Espeon
Why you want to join the club: seems fun i like psychic pokemon a lot and always have them on my team And ive seen musicality around a lot and i like the looks of her club :)

None really im pretty good in the games so i dont usually have issues but if i had to pick a couple id say Mewtwo in leafgreen catching him. And Caitlyn and her Musharna

Last edited by a moderator:

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
Years
Username:
Partner Pokemon: Espeon
Why you want to join the club: seems fun i like psychic pokemon a lot and always have them on my team And ive seen musicality around a lot and i like the looks of her club :)

None really im pretty good in the games so i dont usually have issues but if i had to pick a couple id say Mewtwo in leafgreen catching him. And Caitlyn and her Musharna

Yeah, if not for the pure psychic type that can with a myriad of weaknesses, Musharna actually has the bulk to make it possible. Mewtwo was had a difficulty curve because it was level 70 and it had access to recovery moves, which greatly increased it's longevity.

That aside, welcome to the club, Dedenne! Hope you'll stick around, and remember to have fun! :)

Dedenne1

Years
Thanks for the warm welcome and ya my current fav is espeon but i used Musharna on my black 2 playthrough its powerful and good defense dream eater psychic hypnosis and maybe hmmmm nightmare thats probably the best

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
Years
Wow I missed a little bit. I'm sorry I've been inactive, just opened up my own Graphics Shop & Gallery and I've been working flat out on getting a couple of requests done! Speaking of which, let me know if you want me to design a banner for the club, I'd be more than happy too!

What Gym Leader / Elite Four Member / Legendary / Regular Trainer that used Psychic Pokemon gave you the most problems? Why? To be completely honest, Olympia in Pokemon X. She caught me so off-guard, I wasn't fully aware that there would be a Psychic type gym what with the inclusion of the new Fairy type, thought it may have been possibly overlooked. Oh boy, how wrong was I! >.<

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
Years
Wow I missed a little bit. I'm sorry I've been inactive, just opened up my own Graphics Shop & Gallery and I've been working flat out on getting a couple of requests done! Speaking of which, let me know if you want me to design a banner for the club, I'd be more than happy too!

What Gym Leader / Elite Four Member / Legendary / Regular Trainer that used Psychic Pokemon gave you the most problems? Why? To be completely honest, Olympia in Pokemon X. She caught me so off-guard, I wasn't fully aware that there would be a Psychic type gym what with the inclusion of the new Fairy type, thought it may have been possibly overlooked. Oh boy, how wrong was I! >.<

Nah, it's fine! Good luck with your graphics shop. I'd love for you to make banners of you have the time to do so, it'll be really helpful to the club. :)

I've never experienced this, but it must have been quite the struggle if you didn't prepare for the gym's type in advance, especially if you decided to bring your Fighting types along! And Psychic being the generally more offensive type that it is, I imagine you'd had quite the battle. xD

What Pokemon needs a Psychic typing / what Pokemon shouldn't be Psychic? Why?

Dedenne1

Years
Well ive had that happen b4 i didnt struggle though cause my pokemon are all highly trained but it did prove a challenge when I got to the gym leader and i sent out the wrong pokemon out first (specifically the one weakest to him) and it got 1 hit KO'd :(

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Hey there, Dedenne! I've always loved Espeon for the endless possibility of nicknames, movesets and the combos you can pull off with it. My first go at using Espeon was probably in HG/SS after a playthrough with Umbreon. At first, I was really hesitant on using Espeon for reasons such as "ermagerd who uses pink space kitties" and also just a general lack of interest. Psychic cats, so what? The concept has been overdone and is boring. However space kitties are pretty good at proving people wrong - as found out through an elite four sweep with Espeon. So yeah, Espeon earns a thumbs up. :D + 5 swag points for also being my first non-legendary psychic type (my first being a level 50 uxie which I took through the platinum e4) :p

I barely remember Caitlin, let alone her Musharna. :( Sounds pretty painful though if you ask me. But that's probably because I've developed a hatred for even slightly bulky pokemon that take more than one shot to kill. (im not lazy promise) ;__; Taking four turns to kill the one thing is effort y'know.

Anyway, welcome aboard. :)

What Pokemon needs a Psychic typing / what Pokemon shouldn't be Psychic? Why?

I really feel like Elgyem would be better off as a ghost type since it's like this gravestone sort of thing. And it floats. But maybe that's just my misinterpretation skills and sleepiness kicking in right there. :( Also Chimecho as a fairy type, woop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back