• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Better late than never.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I couldn't think of a title for this thread.

When you have somewhere to be at a certain time, how many minutes beforehand do you start to get ready, and how many minutes beforehand do you actually leave?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
I always end up really early because I give myself too much time to get ready in the morning. If I have an appointment at 12pm and it takes me 1 hour and 30 minutes to get to the clinic, I'd wake up at 9am, eat breakfast, shower, etc. and be out of the house at 10:30. Very rarely do delays happen to me so I end up getting there faster than google maps tells me.

Sirfetch’d

I hate being late for ANYTHING so I'll usually start getting ready for it about an hour or so before I have to leave. As for leaving, I'll usually leave around 15 minutes ahead of my estimated time to get there. For example, when I went to high school it would take on average 10 minutes to get there so I would leave around 25 minutes before I had to be there.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Kinda inherited from my grandma and had instilled into me from marching band the need to always be extremely early for anything. During marching band we would always start practice at least 15 minutes before it was actually scheduled to start so I would be there at the very least 30 minutes before we were scheduled to start because if we were even one minute late to the start of practice (even if it was started early) then we were made to run until the first water break which could have been any time between the 15 minutes and 2 hours after the start of practice. And then my grandma hates being late for anything so she's at least an hour early for anything she does, so those two combined together I make sure to be at least an hour and a half early for things. Like I had an interview scheduled for wednesday of last week and I was supposed to be there at 2 pm and I ended up getting there at about 12:15.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
Years
I don't go anywhere or have appointments aside from going out once a month for shopping food,cigarettes, alcohol and ect. I normally pick one of the first days of the month and do it and start early in the morning to be done by evening.

Years
i leave with just enough time to get there. i wake up 2 hours before i have to leave anywhere just so i wake up and get ready and eat. i hate being rushed and will not speed if i am late. i will get there when i get there and shame if thats late or early.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
I get everything ready the night before, even putting my wallet and phone inside my boots that way I don't forget them. Then the next morning, I wake up 10 minutes before I have to leave, take a shower and head out. I always try to be about 15-20 minutes early for everything.

Years
I can't really give an estimate of how long I give myself since it tends to vary, but I have the bad habit of waiting until just about the very last minute to get ready for something. Unless it's something I'm super-excited for and can't wait to have happen, in which case I'll probably be ready long before then. Usually I tend to not get ready for things until maybe like a few minutes before, and then leave when I realize waiting too much longer probably would make me late.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I usually give myself up to 2 hours from waking up to leaving the house when I have to get to somewhere. For example, if my class starts at 10, I would set my alarm at 8 am to give me enough time to snooze before actually waking up at around 8:30-45 am. That leaves approximately 15-30 minutes to wash up, dress and get ready. I'll then leave the house at around 9 am. But, however hard I try to keep to my timing, I tend to wait till the very last minute to actually make a move, resulting in me arriving at my destination just in the nick of time, or sometimes slightly late. That's a weakness that I recognise and am striving to improve.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
Well, back home I usually wake up pretty early. Around 5:30 am to be exact. Since my job is on the mainland i have to take a morning boat to work. Now that im in America, i wake up at around 8ish on class days and 12pm on other days. it's hard to get used to the timezones here.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I'm never late. To anything.

I give myself plenty of time beforehand to get ready. I determine how long the traveling could take with traffic and weather, and calculate a reasonable time to leave based on that. So I can't give you a specific amount of minutes. Always different. I usually get ready at least an hour beforehand for anything though.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
Hum. I am always late :/ My friends know me, but I hate to be late in class. If I'm not "right on time" at me classes, I am late, never in advance :/ I don't know why... I wake up an hour befour I have to go, and I am living 5 minutes from my University. But we have so much traffic the morning!!

I have to change that, go to my classes a little bit earlier, but it's like I always space for 5 minutes each morning and I miss my time! XD

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 9, 2015
It depends on what I'm going to. For serious things, like a plane or train or going to a concert, I'm going to want to be there an hour or two before it starts. For appointments or classes or work, I just try to get there maybe five minutes before. Anything else I just show up whenever I show up

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I dunno. Depends on how far away it is and what it is. I've found though, that even when I'm "late" I'm among the first people there

Years
I just don't go to things if I'm going to be late, so I always leave obnoxiously early for everything in my life. I tend to get to events about half an hour before they're supposed to start. The exception: parties. Being the first person at a party blows hard.

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
I have a habit of overshooting how long it'll take me to get somewhere, so while i'll usually aim to be 10-15 minutes early to wherever I need to be, chances are i'll be there earlier than that.

Lapis

✿ Flower Child ✿
Years
Well it depends if I'm feeling lazy or not. Or if I actually want to do the thing or not. So sometimes I'll get ready like an hour or so beforehand, other times, I'll wait until the last possible moment to get ready, mainly out of pure laziness.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Depends on how far my destination is going to be. If I'm going on a long trip, I try to get ready 30 minutes before departure. Otherwise, I'll just get ready then leave 10-15 minutes before the arranged time.

Back