• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

tajaros Xtreme Scripting Tutorial

Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2012
What do you mean? Like a Legendary battle and disappears after battle? You can just use my Wildbattle script and set a flag it should work well.

Or you can use the setwildbattle command like how other legendaries are battled. I'll provide an example later on.

What i mean is that
1. when i battle that pokemon an i kill that pokemon i can still fight it again.
2. when i was lost with that pokemon i can still fight it again.
3. when i captured it the pokemon will vanish forever.

you see i can't understand well the tutorial part of "compare".

Years
Okay, I want to make a haunted house area like 'strange house' except for the moving furnature thing cause that's way too advanced.( and obviously very limited thanks to firered being the rom...)

What I want to do is I want it to play a floor creeking sound when you step on the tile, it plays the sound only when you walk on the tile and at no other time.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Okay, I want to make a haunted house area like 'strange house' except for the moving furnature thing cause that's way too advanced.( and obviously very limited thanks to firered being the rom...)

What I want to do is I want it to play a floor creeking sound when you step on the tile, it plays the sound only when you walk on the tile and at no other time.

Then use a script box in every tile, that should work... xD

Years
lol it wouldn't be creepy if it played the sound on every tile. Besides, it's a 80 tall and 20 wide map ._. do you have any idea how long it's going to take completing it?

It's going to be a disturbing visit to a disturbing house for some unwary youtube membes. :)

Also whenever I try to do scripts in levels my game just freezes :/
even if it's just a simple follow me script....

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
lol it wouldn't be creepy if it played the sound on every tile. Besides, it's a 80 tall and 20 wide map ._. do you have any idea how long it's going to take completing it?

It's going to be a disturbing visit to a disturbing house for some unwary youtube membes. :)

Also whenever I try to do scripts in levels my game just freezes :/
even if it's just a simple follow me script....

Did you changed 0xffff with 0x0? It will work if you followed everything that I wrote there.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
How would I go about making a script that hides a sprite indefinitely? Also, how can I do the opposite? Have a sprite normally be invisible, but then make it visible with the script?

If you want the sprite to make it permanently invisible you can use a hidesprite with a flag in it. Then if you want it to appear again make another script that uses the clearflag and the showsprite command. :D Simple as that.

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2012
Your trainerbattle 0x5 didn't work for me, it just said the defeat text and wouldn't do the battle. The VS seeker wouldn't even work. Its also not a trainer already battled in the game so idk why it doesnt work

wwmb

Watcher
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2016
How would I go about making a script that hides a sprite indefinitely? Also, how can I do the opposite? Have a sprite normally be invisible, but then make it visible with the script?

You can also have the sprite set to hidden movement in A-Map, and then use showsprite in a map/level script whenever it is supposed to be shown.

阴魂君

_(:зゝ∠)_ so busy i am…
Years
Wow it's great!I have copied all them into my notebook. :DWell,I have some questions.At the sprite of trainerbattle,0x3 is used for long event battles,and 0x9 has a text when the hero lose.So I want to have a long event with battles,and the enemy will say something when the hero lose.Is it impossible?:(
And,need I write the setvar into all level Sprit,although I just want a NPC to move? ('ᴥ')

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Wow it's great!I have copied all them into my notebook. :DWell,I have some questions.At the sprite of trainerbattle,0x3 is used for long event battles,and 0x9 has a text when the hero lose.So I want to have a long event with battles,and the enemy will say something when the hero lose.Is it impossible?:(
And,need I write the setvar into all level Sprit,although I just want a NPC to move? ('ᴥ')

Thanks.

No it's not impossible use 0x9 it's the same. And about the Level script you still have to put a level script even if the script is just a simple script.

阴魂君

_(:зゝ∠)_ so busy i am…
Years
Thanks.

No it's not impossible use 0x9 it's the same. And about the Level script you still have to put a level script even if the script is just a simple script.

thanks a lot ,xD it's so helpful to me

bluedeedrocks

Professional Coolguy
Years
Two questions: Can I permanently hide more than one person if I assign them the same flag ID, set the flag, and the hidesprite both? Also, is there a way to change the movement type of a sprite. Like after a trainer battle, I want the trainer to follow me, copy player movement type I believe? Thanks for the previous answer and this one!

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Two questions: Can I permanently hide more than one person if I assign them the same flag ID, set the flag, and the hidesprite both? Also, is there a way to change the movement type of a sprite. Like after a trainer battle, I want the trainer to follow me, copy player movement type I believe? Thanks for the previous answer and this one!

Yes, you can have two person's have the same flag so they will both disappear, and you can also copy the movements it's alright.

xWhyNotx

Scripting Master
Years
This is a great tutorial! I'm glad you used the different warp commands. I didn't even know they existed! Thanks!

TweenyTodd

Quitting cuz i got a job
Years
K tajaros I know you helped me before but I'm gonna ask again. After I type in whatever script I want to use, how do I add the script to the game? Do I hit compile?
(Please note that I am using PKSV because when I use XSE it says 'runtime error supscript 9 is out of range' If you know how to fix that then thnx.)

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
K tajaros I know you helped me before but I'm gonna ask again. After I type in whatever script I want to use, how do I add the script to the game? Do I hit compile?
(Please note that I am using PKSV because when I use XSE it says 'runtime error supscript 9 is out of range' If you know how to fix that then thnx.)

Didn't you read my previous post? :3

Ok to insert it in your game first you have to load your ROM, and then compile your script after that copy the offset and paste it on A-map with your Rom loaded... :)

Back