• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quiver Dance! - Butterfree 3/106 XY FlashFire

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Butterfree isn't that great in itself. The true power of this pokemon is its pre evolutions. Being able get a butterfree up turn 1 is pretty amazing. Unfortunately, butterfree is quite terrible.

I only really find it useful with Miltank. But then it just sits on the bench and does nothing.

Years
It is a pretty bad card for changing the metagame...

It can still attack turn 2 with DCEs, but what's weak to grass that's popular right now? Not much. And Pyroar seems to be on the rise itself, so any Grass type paired with Butterfree wouldn't last long in a head to head matchup with a Pyroar deck.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2015
Butterfree isn't that great in itself. The true power of this pokemon is its pre evolutions. Being able get a butterfree up turn 1 is pretty amazing. Unfortunately, butterfree is quite terrible.

I only really find it useful with Miltank. But then it just sits on the bench and does nothing.

It is a pretty bad card for changing the metagame...

It can still attack turn 2 with DCEs, but what's weak to grass that's popular right now? Not much. And Pyroar seems to be on the rise itself, so any Grass type paired with Butterfree wouldn't last long in a head to head matchup with a Pyroar deck.

i think you guys are worng, Butterfree is awesome
fist of all i don't think someone doesn't like Butterfree..and its cool you still get to play with 1 gen pokemon (even if there weak in the game or anime) in decks now days.

i dont know why you look on its attacks...Butterfree not Supposed to attack
And believe me its doing alot !(only with miltank)
"Adaptive Evolution" is a great abillity and its fits Perfectly to caterpie Evolution chain.
Butterfree\Miltank its very fun and strong deck in my opinion..
if you get the right cards you can take down any deck.

Profen - "But then it just sits on the bench and does nothing"
that is not ture..every pokemon doing something..
Butterfree is a pokemon that you only use him for its abillity
like Mr.Mime - "Bench Barrier"
or Garbodor - "garbotoxin"
you dont even think you attack with thoes pokemon but they sure help you alot

Years
i think you guys are worng, Butterfree is awesome
fist of all i don't think someone doesn't like Butterfree..and its cool you still get to play with 1 gen pokemon (even if there weak in the game or anime) in decks now days.

i dont know why you look on its attacks...Butterfree not Supposed to attack
And believe me its doing alot !(only with miltank)
"Adaptive Evolution" is a great abillity and its fits Perfectly to caterpie Evolution chain.
Butterfree\Miltank its very fun and strong deck in my opinion..
if you get the right cards you can take down any deck.

Profen - "But then it just sits on the bench and does nothing"
that is not ture..every pokemon doing something..
Butterfree is a pokemon that you only use him for its abillity
like Mr.Mime - "Bench Barrier"
or Garbodor - "garbotoxin"
you dont even think you attack with thoes pokemon but they sure help you alot

Thing is, the Butterfree I linked as Card of the Week doesn't have any Ability on it to make it useful... it's got 2 attacks rather than an attack and an Ability.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Hes talking about the pre evolution with the ability to evolve turn 1, or the turn its played. Hes saying that butterfree does it's job just by sitting on the bench. While yes this is true. It does provide miltank with 70 extra damage. But at the same time. Something like Greninja can both sit on the bench, provide 70 extra damage to miltank, but it also can use its ability to do 30 damage by discarding a water. making Greninja like at least twice as useful as butterfree.

Only thing butterfree has going for it is that Miltank can hit 100 damage turn 1 if everything goes according to plan. However, after turn 1, it is supremely outclass by something like Greninja, or even Empoleon.

Back