• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey... DOCTOR WHO Fan Club

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 2, 2014
Oh my gosh, I'm definitely joining. I only started watching a couple years ago, but Doctor Who is my favorite show!

PokeCommunity Username: caller_100
Favorite Doctor: Nine. Nine was my first doctor and he'll always be my favorite. I really enjoyed his development as a character, even over just that one season. Ten was always a little too overdramatic for me (although obviously Tennant was amazing). Nine also just had a really great death glare, haha.
Favorite companion: Donna. It was so refreshing to see a companion who wasn't madly in love with the Doctor. I really loved Donna's personality, and I think she was exactly what the Doctor needed at that time.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Username: Autumn Reverie

Favourite Doctor: David Tennant! <3 (though the Ninth comes a close second)

Favourite Companion: It's a tough choice between Rose and Martha.

I've only recently gotten into the series. One day I decided to check it out and instantly fell in love. <3 Also, I've just finished Season 3 yesterday, so I don't know any other things besides what I've watched. So far, it's fantastic. <3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Oh my gosh, I'm definitely joining. I only started watching a couple years ago, but Doctor Who is my favorite show!

PokeCommunity Username: caller_100
Favorite Doctor: Nine. Nine was my first doctor and he'll always be my favorite. I really enjoyed his development as a character, even over just that one season. Ten was always a little too overdramatic for me (although obviously Tennant was amazing). Nine also just had a really great death glare, haha.
Favorite companion: Donna. It was so refreshing to see a companion who wasn't madly in love with the Doctor. I really loved Donna's personality, and I think she was exactly what the Doctor needed at that time.
Welcome to the club! Wow, a Nine fan. Yeah, as I've been watching classic Who really, I think Nine is more Doctor-like than Ten was, actually. Who would have thought that? And Donna is forever great.

Username: Autumn Reverie

Favourite Doctor: David Tennant! <3 (though the Ninth comes a close second)

Favourite Companion: It's a tough choice between Rose and Martha.

I've only recently gotten into the series. One day I decided to check it out and instantly fell in love. <3 Also, I've just finished Season 3 yesterday, so I don't know any other things besides what I've watched. So far, it's fantastic. <3
Welcome to the club, Amanda! Good choice of series to get into :D There's a lot of great episodes in Nine's season, but Tennant also has some really memorable ones. Season 4 is amazing (there's Donna!) so I hope you'll have a great time watching through it.

And then you have all of Eleven left! In ways, Eleven's seasons (5-7) were more cinematic and had plots overarching whole seasons. I like that. But in other ways, the world Russel T Davies created around the Ninth and Tenth Doctor was so alive and nice that it felt a bit weird that it was pretty much thrown away and said goodbye to after the Doctor's regeneration into Eleven. But oh well. It's still a great series no matter what.

When you've become a hardcore whovian, you should all check out the Fifth Doctor's episodes too ;D I keep babbling about this, but I really love him. You can really see how he is the same person as Nine and Ten, and to some degree Eleven I suppose (at least Five and Eleven are equally rude and condescending at times haha) and there are some really great episodes I've watched in classic who now. Black Orchid, Earthshock and Arc of Infinity are probably my favorites so far (in the midst of watching AoI now). And I love Tegan and Nyssa, can't wait for Turlough to show up.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
So Moffat has teased all 12 episodes in the new SFX issue.
Spoiler:

Seems a little wierd reading them, though I don't doubt they'll be great.

Little spoiler about the finale, kinda funny, if you can wait you should. You would feel better, don't open this. Don't. :P
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Welcome to the club, Ultraviolence!

Oh I won't click any of those spoilers ._. Een if they are "officially" leaked. Please keep any discussion on their content within spoilers too! :)

countryemo

Years
Duh Adventure, you can trust me... And hey the first spoiler was entirely official, and not even a spoiler.. I just put it in for size restriction, and there not even spoilers unless your a hard core spoiler phobe.

So it's been announced that the Doctor Who Series 8 preimere will be shown in theaters world wide! No locations have been announced yet.
I kinda want to go, just for the sake of it, but BBC Worldwide is getting greedy. 50th I can understand, but the David Tennant recut, and just the preimere? I mean it is a longer episode, but still.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Whoa in theatres?? I gotta go :3 Haha, I doubt it's gonna be aired in my little town, but I can check.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 2, 2014
I would probably pay to see that in theaters, even if it is just the premier. When is it coming out? Because depending on when, I'll either be in the middle of nowhere where it definitely won't be in theaters, or I'll be in a huge city where I at least have a chance.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
23 August is the date I've heard so perhaps they're premiering it in theatres by then. I hope they'll show it on TV as well :x

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I believe the theatre priemere is the same as the TV preimere like the 50th ani was.
Wouldn't they make much more money by showing it on theatres exclusively first and not on TV until later?

countryemo

Years
Wouldn't they make much more money by showing it on theatres exclusively first and not on TV until later?

They already are with the World Tour arn't they? Makes sense, but it could also cause major spoilers and thats what the BBC cares about. While the leaks didn't go huge in the news (shared not just talked about) but they were all over some forums, youtube comments, ect. And while I know some are against the idea of paying to see a preimere, nothing special. Doctor Who in theatres does great, the 50th, and the david tennant story re-cut both sold out quick and made lots of money.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Hello!

I'm a bit late to the party, here. Tried to get into this series for years now, but couldn't get passed the ultra cheese of the early episodes in the reboot. Decided just to jump to Series 5 earlier this year though, and marathoned Series 7 and the specials this weekend. Going to jump back now to the seasons I skipped over. Looking forward to it.

PokéCommunity Username: TRIFORCE89, as you can see
Favorite Doctor: Can't answer as I've only seen the Eleventh
Favorite Companion: Again, only familiar with Series 5 onwards which would be awfully Amy heavy

Anno

Rinshan Kaihou!
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 30, 2014
People skipping over my baybies makes me super sad u___u;;

countryemo

Years
Hello!

I'm a bit late to the party, here. Tried to get into this series for years now, but couldn't get passed the ultra cheese of the early episodes in the reboot. Decided just to jump to Series 5 earlier this year though, and marathoned Series 7 and the specials this weekend. Going to jump back now to the seasons I skipped over. Looking forward to it.

PokéCommunity Username: TRIFORCE89, as you can see
Favorite Doctor: Can't answer as I've only seen the Eleventh
Favorite Companion: Again, only familiar with Series 5 onwards which would be awfully Amy heavy
Haha I understand. I mean I pushed through it, Ep 1 was pretty tough though 9 is like my 2nd favorite doctor (11 being my 1st). I feel like Watching S5 to get a good feel, then pushing through the cheese is a good stratergy.
People skipping over my baybies makes me super sad u___u;;
Their going back to watch, don't worry. :)

Back