• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Gym Leaders and Elite Four

Years
I'm hoping that Sootopolis will have a water theme puzzle as the original gym designs from RSE made it look like an ice gym instead of a water gym...

Oh god I hated that ice puzzle... I always messed up to the point I needed someone to do it for me. Given they've drastically redesigned some Gyms so far I'm hoping they can really make a better puzzle for Sootopolis' Gym.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
I'm actually hoping for the ice puzzle to return. It was one of the most challenging gym puzzles ever and it's a worthwhile one. With modern graphics now, the gym can keep that ice tile puzzle but make the gym look more like a water type. Maybe replace the basement ice floor with a water slide full of trainers? (Thinking of using the 3DS gyro sensors to move around the slide)

Most gyms in ORAS kept the same puzzle type, only with enhanced graphics (thank god for that because Flannery's gym finally makes sense). The only major changes we have seen so far are the Mossdeep gym (presumably) and Dewford.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I think the Mossdeep one had the most change in terms of layout between RS and Emerald so them redesigning it again makes sense. I enjoyed both Mossdeep puzzles. Hope the new one (presumably) is just as good.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
I really hope they give Steven a really cool battle entry scene. His purplish room should look really good. Maybe they should add steel bars on the walls too.

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
Years
I havent played the games since i had my gba and a copy of each version... the nostalgia is going to hit really, really hard. Not looking at any spoilers either. But i like what i read so far :)

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Oh god I hated that ice puzzle... I always messed up to the point I needed someone to do it for me. Given they've drastically redesigned some Gyms so far I'm hoping they can really make a better puzzle for Sootopolis' Gym.

What? The ice puzzle was definitely the best gym puzzle, not only in Hoenn but overall! It's been my favorite for generations. It made it a challenge to actually get to the gym leader, which made it all that more great imo. The newer all style no substance final-gym puzzles were getting a little old ;)

I'm hoping that Sootopolis will have a water theme puzzle as the original gym designs from RSE made it look like an ice gym instead of a water gym...

I agree that it did make it seem like an ice gym, but does it really matter that much? The game wasn't trying to deceive you - nobody told you it was an Ice-type gym. It's not as if Water and Ice are that different anyway.

Years
What? The ice puzzle was definitely the best gym puzzle, not only in Hoenn but overall! It's been my favorite for generations. It made it a challenge to actually get to the gym leader, which made it all that more great imo. The newer all style no substance final-gym puzzles were getting a little old ;)

I agree that it did make it seem like an ice gym, but does it really matter that much? The game wasn't trying to deceive you - nobody told you it was an Ice-type gym. It's not as if Water and Ice are that different anyway.
I liked the ice puzzle. It was one of my favorites too but I just like the gym puzzle fitting in with the theme of the type is all. I wonder if anyone actually did make the mistake of thinking it was an ice gym in the past (aka meaning they didn't pay attention to those calling it a water gym). I'm hoping for a puzzle involving fountains.

Years
All the new puzzles shown have looked wonderful so far, continuing that trend from HGSS. I've said it before, but I think based off of Roxanne's new gym design, she may have something to do with Primal Reversion. That may just be over-analyzing of course, but there certainly could be something there.

Years
All the new puzzles shown have looked wonderful so far, continuing that trend from HGSS. I've said it before, but I think based off of Roxanne's new gym design, she may have something to do with Primal Reversion. That may just be over-analyzing of course, but there certainly could be something there.

Who knows. Korrina's gym didn't give a hint of her being linked to Mega Evolutions though. I think the fossils may reference her rematch team (Emerald only) where she had five fossil Pokemon.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
Well, if you analyze the first few trailers, there is a particular gym puzzle that is completely different and hasn't been introduced in the first 5. It looked kinda like the Santalune Gym but a little bit different, I couldn't tell, but I'm pretty sure that would be Sootopolis' puzzle.

Years
Well, if you analyze the first few trailers, there is a particular gym puzzle that is completely different and hasn't been introduced in the first 5. It looked kinda like the Santalune Gym but a little bit different, I couldn't tell, but I'm pretty sure that would be Sootopolis' puzzle.

I think that Mossdeep's seeing how it has psychic trainers. With the strands of light representing the strands of fate, drawing us closer or farther from our destiny to defeat the League.
Irc Sootopolis' gym only had woman trainers like beauties and the like.

Years
I think that Mossdeep's seeing how it has psychic trainers. With the strands of light representing the strands of fate, drawing us closer or farther from our destiny to defeat the League.
Irc Sootopolis' gym only had woman trainers like beauties and the like.

Sootopolis Gym had Lasses, Beauties, PokeFans and Ladies. So yeah, only female trainers like you said.

As for the other Gyms, these were the trainer classes they had present in the original games:
Spoiler:

Speaking of trainer classes, I'm wondering if they will retain all the trainer classes from the original games. It seems likely, but in Kalos the Psychics were all male, while Hex Maniacs served as their female counterpart.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
I'm sure the original "cooltrainer" will be changed to Ace Trainer in ORAS.

And I'm quite positive that the new gym we've seen in the first trailer is the Mossdeep gym. That is a good thing actually, because some of the original gyms didn't kinda make sense. (Really, it's just direction tiles everywhere!).

To me, Mossdeep Gym was the most poorly designed in Ruby and Sapphire, with Fortree coming at a close second. This new design has certainly got me hyped.

Years
Don't think any of them were poorly designed, per se, but rather bland and unimpressive. In 3D, with some changes, the gyms would've looked great anyway, but a complete revamp wouldn't hurt either.

Years
I'm pretty excited to see if any of the gym leaders will receive new Pokemon in ORAS, possibly from later generations like Sinnoh/Unova/Kalos.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Let's just hope that we can rebattle them after beating Elite 4 and they update their team with new pokemons from Gen 4 to 6.

blue

gucci
Years
Hoenn Gym leaders were definitely my favourite of all, including the Elite Four members too. I'm positive that they will retain their original teams judging from the recent CoroCoro scan, Wattson has his ace Magneton, Norman has his Slaking etc. I can understand why the Elite Four teams were shuffled up a little due to the fact that most of them had duplicates, but I don't think there would be a reason to do this to the Gym Leaders. They could perhaps replace a couple of The duplicates in the Gym Leaders I.e Flannerys Slugma with a Numel and add Camerupt, but apart from that I'd be pretty happy with the same teams which were challenging enough alone.

The rematches will be a great opportunity to add later generation Pokemon and cross-generation evolutions to their existing team members. Hopefully they will actually include both Gym Leader and Elite Four rematches this time round.

Back