• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is this power?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Simple question today: Who, or what, is/are the most powerful character(s) you've seen in video games? ......And maybe get into arguments on why your character is totally way more powerful than someone else's.

Note that power doesn't just mean the ability to annihilate the enemy here.....

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
Andrew Ryan from the first Bioshock. I thought it was incredible how he was able to create his own "utopia" under the noses of the governments of the world, as well as create an incredible way to rule with an iron fist through one simple phrase of "Would you kindly?" Plus, which might seem like an underrated thing, but he chose not to infuse himself with any Plasmids. He was that confident with his abilities and use of power that he had no need for them. Sure, he ended up dying at the end - but he chose that path. The way he commanded an army and ruled Rapture with such iron authority and prowess is why he goes down as one of my favorite video game characters.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
Andrew Ryan ... create an incredible way to rule with an iron fist through one simple phrase of "Would you kindly?"

Spoiler:

g-man.png

To me, the most powerful character in video gaming is the G-Man from the Half-Life series. An omnipotent being and sharp dresser, The G-Man is capable of being anywhere at anytime. Not only does he possess the ability to place Gordon Freeman into stasis for many years, but he can slow and stop time at will and possibly control minds. He has no known goals or plans, yet follows Freeman around as he battles the Combine. Not only are his motives unknown, but he appears to control and influence the decisions of other characters in the Half-Life universe. He plants subconscious thoughts into the minds of Alyx Vance and her father. He has techno-pathy and appears on various television screens and monitors (even those that are unplugged).

The G-Man is the very definition of enigma.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Samus Aran by the end of Fusion. Her suit is a living symbiote, and she's not only part Chozo but also Part Metroid. I'm guessing the only reason why we haven't gotten a Metroid game yet is cause they literally have no idea where the hell to with the series.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Just a few examples from my JRPGs.

Plutia/Iris Heart in Hyperdmension Neptunia Victory
Sterk in Atelier Totori
Linca in Atelier Ayesha/Escha & Logy

When you get them, they are absolutely OP in your party.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Kratos is by far one of the most OP characters I have ever played as in any games. For Pete's sake, he killed Greek Gods in the God of War games.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
I will have to go with Dyntos from KI:U.
He can read your memories and create armies of the monsters you have killed boosted in power.
Also he can create replicas of Gods and even put Gods to sleep without any trouble

Years
Bass.EXE from Megaman Battle Network series.

He is a solo Navi, and has the ability to copy abilities of opponents he defeats. He also destroyed Alpha's protection program, which Wily said needs a lot of power to destroy. He also absorbed Gospel in Megaman Battle Network 3 and Cybeast Gregar/Falzar(depending on version of the 6th game, when Megaman absorbed the other one, he suffered immense pain and was unable to fully control it). The only downside is that he has amnesia from 3th game onwards.

Also the amount of attacks he has everytime he is fought is HUGE.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Demise from Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is one of the toughest characters I'd fought in video games. Others might look at him differently--I suppose it all depends on your skill level--but to me, he was honestly very, very difficult to get past.

You're able to move him around from place to place by attack, but regardless of how hard you try, he simply wouldn't get damaged. To hurt him, you first have to try making him fall into the ground. Once he is, it'd take a few seconds for the guy to stand up (considering his bulk and weight), and during that time, you'd get some chance to raise your sword upwards and charge it with lightning. When it's all said and done, you could slash and finally hurt his health. You would have to do this consistently until Demise no longer has any energy left, which is quite a time-consuming task, if you ask me. I did manage to get him beaten, but took me approximately a week.

Aside from him, Andross from Star Fox 64 is sort of difficult, too. Battling against him is something, and if you do manage to beat him, he'd explode, requiring you to get out with your Arwing as soon as you can. If you can't do that, you'll be losing a life. Once you lose all your lives, I believe, you'd have to fight against him from beginning, which I found to be a bit frustrating.

Heir

/EYES SUSPICIOUSLY
Years
Super Meat Boy. He cannot die. He could die a thousand times trying to catch one person and he would still manage. Super Meat Boy.

buriat

Buriat The Thief
Years
Any pro Warlock in World of Warcraft, they could just cast Chaos Bolt on one target with good glyphs, and bam. they're dead or really injured and just need one more hit on them to die.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
tumblr_inline_mxiocd1yWs1r3hql2.gif

"Something's...happened to me...I can't...control it..."

Surviving two years of Dark Eco experiments which should have killed you? Now that's badass. While one might not consider uncontrollable dark rage as a major side effect of experiments to be powerful, let's also consider that he does gain control of it along with...

tumblr_lfwuls0hwH1qgi1qlo1_400.jpg

"The dark powers...feel far away...I feel better!"

The ability to slow down space and time.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
tumblr_inline_mxiocd1yWs1r3hql2.gif

"Something's...happened to me...I can't...control it..."

Surviving two years of Dark Eco experiments which should have killed you? Now that's badass. While one might not consider uncontrollable dark rage as a major side effect of experiments to be powerful, let's also consider that he does gain control of it along with...

tumblr_lfwuls0hwH1qgi1qlo1_400.jpg

"The dark powers...feel far away...I feel better!"

The ability to slow down space and time.
This is actually good example.
Without dark powers, the orb glitch wouldn't work.

Back