• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
Well, I don't know when it will come but I'm waiting for it.
Everyday I at least visit this Thread 2 time hoping to see news for the upcoming English version.
Well, I can't do nothing so just have to wait.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
As far as I'm concerned, (and I should be concerned pretty much xD) SP decided not to show or post any updates until the certain part of game is translated or until the game is translated completely.

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2011
it's July..i wish the translated and less bugs..version will come out this month.."WE WANT IT"..because it's one of the best hacked pokemon game..Thank u Wesley for making this game..and to Ash and Sp for translating..

Years
hey i am struck i have beaten team steam in mt.winder and currently i am in snow ice city but the gym leader is not there what should i do?

DashBlacK

DashBlacK ~ The Last Chader
Years
I just had one more question, the english patch is going to be based on the english rom or it's basically the spanish rom tanslated?

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013

Dunno what you mean by "based on the english rom" but I can answer like this...
It'll be translated PORTUGAL (not spanish...) with more english aspects in names.

I think they mean that is the rom going to be the portugal rom, or is it the english one.

Though if you look on the first page it says this

Hack Name: Pokemon Light Platinum
Hack Base: Pokémon Ruby
Language: English
so i'm guessing its the english rom.

Years
i have a few questions about this (amazing) hack:
1) this is more for ash493 and sarcastic prince but when the game is fully translated, will that mean its actually translated directly into english language with the right grammar and sentence structure? or is it being translated with a google translator or something like that?
2) does the game go all the way to the lauren region too?
3) is there a guide for this game? like a walkthrough/FAQ with maps and whatnot?
4) is there completely new music in the game?
5) how many pokemon r there total on the national dex in this game? r there pokemon from all 5 generations so far??

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I think they mean that is the rom going to be the portugal rom, or is it the english one.
Well I don't really think there IS an official portugal Ruby ROM :D
Well if that was the point of question then you answered it :D

i have a few questions about this (amazing) hack:
1) this is more for ash493 and sarcastic prince but when the game is fully translated, will that mean its actually translated directly into english language with the right grammar and sentence structure? or is it being translated with a google translator or something like that?
2) does the game go all the way to the lauren region too?
3) is there a guide for this game? like a walkthrough/FAQ with maps and whatnot?
4) is there completely new music in the game?
5) how many pokemon r there total on the national dex in this game? r there pokemon from all 5 generations so far??
1) We have contract with google so we have to use it =)
Okay... sarcasm end :D SP is mad to have every grammar mistake eliminated so that should answer your first question :D
2) Of course =) The new version is a complete one =)
3) No... at least I don't know of any.
4) There's Ruby music, Wes did not bother to edit that =)
5) It's not possible to include all 649 pokemon into GBA game =)
Hack, however, has 386 + 25 which is 411 pokemon.

DashBlacK

DashBlacK ~ The Last Chader
Years
1) How many regions are there in this hack in total?
2) If more than 1 region, how many total badges are there?

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2022
WOW! just finish reading through 164 pages of this thread!!!! I can feel the ups and downs, hots and colds (haha whatever la) of the making of this awesome game!! btw, thanks ash and SP for taking the horrendous effort to translate the game for "customers" like us... XD (sorry for using wrong grammer and vocabulary LOL) gambateh!!! XD

Years
Hi i found some bugs in this hack
1. In Lauren don't let to fly in any towns and city ( ex: Merydian city, Dardusk city and other )
2. More pokemon don't have the sound ( him sound is from another pokemon )
3. On map World Championship is an another place ( when use fly )
4. Lugia is respawn
5. Make all gym leader to beat him again ( this is not bug is an opinion ). Thank you :D

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Hi i found some bugs in this hack
1. In Lauren don't let to fly in any towns and city ( ex: Merydian city, Dardusk city and other )
2. More pokemon don't have the sound ( him sound is from another pokemon )
4. Lugia is respawn
5. Make all gym leader to beat him again ( this is not bug is an opinion ). Thank you :D

Let me answer your questions one by one.
1. That is not a bug. It's just that aren't enough Flying Positions.
2. You mean incorrect cries? Well, that'll be fixed in the English Translated version.
3. I don't understand.
4. Respawn? Impossible.
5. I don't understand.

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
Let me answer your questions one by one.
1. That is not a bug. It's just that aren't enough Flying Positions.
2. You mean incorrect cries? Well, that'll be fixed in the English Translated version.
3. I don't understand.
4. Respawn? Impossible.
5. I don't understand.

maybe he means that when he tries to go in wc with fly he gets into another place

Back