• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Years
  • Seen May 5, 2013
I went with Paris then ditched him, he's totally useless.

My team is:

Raichu: Lvl 50
Gigawolf: Lvl 50
Aerodactyl: Lvl 49

Anyway, I'm currently on Route 20 heading back towards Fortree City because Dark (me) said he wanted to go to the Gym. Route 20 is the one with all the witches). However, I'm pretty much blocked out of Fortree. :( I don't know what to do next to progress through.

Screenshots:

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
I went with Paris then ditched him, he's totally useless.

My team is:

Raichu: Lvl 50
Gigawolf: Lvl 50
Aerodactyl: Lvl 49

Anyway, I'm currently on Route 20 heading back towards Fortree City because Dark (me) said he wanted to go to the Gym. Route 20 is the one with all the witches). However, I'm pretty much blocked out of Fortree. :( I don't know what to do next to progress through.

Should've chose Koffing...just sayin'

Anyways, make sure to talk to Blackthorn and get the item from him and then go to that road block and press 'A' on the space between the trees.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
Introduction

I recently beat this hack today while browsing for finished hacks and I got to say this one is very cool. I've been playing about a week (grinding lolfail) and I have had fun with this one (especially the humor). So, I guess I'll give my opinion on this number...lets see where to begin?

Complaints OTHER than glitchy things

Ah, everyone's favorite, the complaint section. I won't include some glitches I ran into (mostly graphical ones) mainly because I don't remember them all. Well first off I will talk about the FUUUUUU Wonder Guarding Pokemon at the end of the league. What the heck were you thinking? Lucky that I had Toxic on my Diamandix or I would've ALL CAPS RAGGGGGGED...but in seriousness that's just...not cool man.

Next, the freaking stats on those enemies (I'm talking to you, Faceleech) are either absurd or unbalanced. The level curve is also extremely high, meaning that I had to grind...a lot. I also seemed to have a problem with the absurdly strong enemies (one deadly seven had three Tyranitars) and I like a challenge but...yeah, grinding isn't fun. Also, not to nitpick, I wish you made menu icons for you different pokemon.

Praises

Next I'd say that not only is this one of the most original concepts for a hack I've ever seen, I love the twists and humor is great. My favorite is all the fourth wall jokes, like the museum scene. As well as the funny villians (sort of) like the deadly seven, and I found the final confrontation in Sootopolis very amusing with "That Mans" baking. I also love your designs of these Zombie pokemon as well as your Fakemon (I used a Servicious and Diamandix) and the interesting concept of their flavor text (Pokedex entries...lol faceleech). My favorite has to be your anomaly A monster, which is so fail it's win. I also liked that you bothered to make an interesting way to get Faceleech (Yes I found out how to get one since your flavor text congratulated me...took me awhile to try) as well as making some hard puzzles like those quizes in Sootopolis Heights. I also love that the puzzles make us think (a little cryptic though) and push me to the ALL CAPS RAGGGGGE edge...but not over. So, I'll show my progress, questions and team next off:

Progress

• League Beaten
  • Obtained final badge
  • Final Battle in Sootopolis
  • All 10 Broken Hearts
  • Item Chain
  • Mystery Caller
  • Mount Doom
  • Gym Island and "That Man" Capture
  • Starters
  • The Furi Trio
  • Faceleech obtained
Questions

• Where is the Legendary that replaces Latios and where to find it?
  • Where is Shaderu?
  • What are these Broken Hearts for?
  • Why does Luca Zamon have a Rhyhorn's face?
  • Is there anything left to do/obtain in legendary terms that I'm missing?
Team
Before Post

• X-32763 Lv. 65
  • Weezing Lv. 56
  • Servicious Lv. 67
  • Gyarados Lv. 61
  • Aerodactyl Lv. 62
  • Diamandix Lv. 59
Post game

• Turmur Lv. 72
  • Faceleech Lv. 65 (Grinding for lulz)
  • Furi X Lv. 67
  • Luca Zamon Lv. 76
  • Tea Barquan Lv. 71
  • Senex Lv. 92
Closing Words

Overall, I love this hack, it's premise, and it's unique idea and I hope you'll answer my questions. Thanks!

Last edited:

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
Ah, everyone's favorite, the complaint section. I won't include some glitches I ran into (mostly graphical ones) mainly because I don't remember them all. Well first off I will talk about the FUUUUUU Wonder Guarding Pokemon at the end of the league. What the heck were you thinking? Lucky that I had Toxic on my Diamandix or I would've ALL CAPS RAGGGGGGED...but in seriousness that's just...not cool man.

Next, the freaking stats on those enemies (I'm talking to you, Faceleech) are either absurd or unbalanced. The level curve is also extremely high, meaning that I had to grind...a lot. I also seemed to have a problem with the absurdly strong enemies (one deadly seven had three Tyranitars) and I like a challenge but...yeah, grinding isn't fun. Also, not to nitpick, I wish you made menu icons for you different pokemon.

Yes, I believe most people call this 'being evil for no reason'. I could say that I wasn't aware of the consequences of all of this - but I've played through the game myself many times, and I know for a fact how difficult it is. I never intended for it to be anything other than pure hell to play through.

Of course, that isn't actually to anyone's taste, is it? So I suppose your point is well-founded. I think w
hat I'm trying to say is, you're right.

However, nothing will change now, since I'm done with Snakewood for good. Any other problems are basically because Snakewood was a project to teach myself how to do this. Expect something more reasonable next time round (if I can motivate myself to finish it).

Praises

Next I'd say that not only is this one of the most original concepts for a hack I've ever seen, I love the twists and humor is great. My favorite is all the fourth wall jokes, like the museum scene. As well as the funny villians (sort of) like the deadly seven, and I found the final confrontation in Sootopolis very amusing with "That Mans" baking. I also love your designs of these Zombie pokemon as well as your Fakemon (I used a Servicious and Diamandix) and the interesting concept of their flavor text (Pokedex entries...lol faceleech). My favorite has to be your anomaly A monster, which is so fail it's win. I also liked that you bothered to make an interesting way to get Faceleech (Yes I found out how to get one since your flavor text congratulated me...took me awhile to try) as well as making some hard puzzles like those quizes in Sootopolis Heights. I also love that the puzzles make us think (a little cryptic though) and push me to the ALL CAPS RAGGGGGE edge...but not over.

Ah yes, the puzzles. The endless, endless puzzles. I'm glad you enjoyed them. So many people find that they're just so much broken glass strewn across the path of destiny.

Wait, what did I just write? Er, thanks for your praise.

Questions

• Where is the Legendary that replaces Latios and where to find it?
  • Where is Shaderu?
  • What are these Broken Hearts for?
  • Why does Luca Zamon have a Rhyhorn's face?
  • Is there anything left to do/obtain in legendary terms that I'm missing?
  • After having caught Luca Zamón, peace will have fallen over Hoenn once again. Téa Barqán will return to its ancient home, and the dragons can help you with that.
  • Shaderu can only be obtained once all the Broken Hearts are collected. I've forgotten how, but I'll look it up for you when I get my computer back.
  • Broken Hearts... well, see above.
  • Luca Zamón has a Rhyhorn's face because I find it amusing. I mean, Rhyhorn? Really?
  • Not in legendary terms, but there is one secret Pokémon you haven't found yet. You need to have freed the Trick Master and obtained the Chocolate Orange before you can get it...

To everyone else: I apologise for not having answered any questions or anything. I've... been separated from the Internet for quite some time. This is all I have time for right now, but I'll try and be around some more when I get my computer back.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2018
I apologise for asking as I know you've answered this before (I can't find it in the thread now :/ )
which stones make hyperegg evolve?
what are all of it's evolutions?
where can I find the stones?

Edit:
Also not sure if you knew, seamadio learns surf at lv 44 which means you could skip having to find it.

Last edited:

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
I got the last two after searching the sea areas and I have the Spatial Pass which talks about Rockets but I haven't seen any throughout the game. Any ideas what to do with it?

EDIT: @comment below: Trolololololololol...I fell for it too.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2018
-CAP LOCK FOR ANGER-
WTH! CONVENIENT WARP BOX RIGHT AFTER THE QUIZ'S.
I actually want to rage quit :(

Years
  • Seen May 5, 2013
I'm currently in the cave after Fortree and I'm getting very annoyed! Too many damn ladders and doors that take me back to square one. :D

Edit: So after 25 minutes of walking through a dark cave banging my head, I realize I have the Flash HM. LIFESAVER! :p

Edit 2: I finally got out of that confusing cave, I had to keep saving it everytime I went somewhere new. Didn't find any items at all, just managed to battle once while I was in there. *Saved Game* I came out, battled someone then saw the sign to Lilycove. Then whoaw, I bump into a guy I can't see for what felt like endless rounds of battles! Needless to say, I lost and had to try another 4 or 5 times to beat him. I only had a few Max Potions and a few revives, he had a bunch of Full Restores! He was tough to beat.

I'm now at the Fort Draco Gym trying to figure out this damn Gym maze. :)

Edit 3: I've defeated Semex and talked to Landon and May in Lilycove. I got a call from Proff B about going to Ever Grande! So I dived east of Lilycove, went through the cave and dived back up which takes me to Victory Road. However, I've not even got all of the badges yet, not been to pacific log town nor gone on the abandoned ship that I've read about on here. Have I done things the wrong way round? What should I do now?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2014
HELP ME>>>
after defeating asimov, (the pacifidlog gym), to go to further city, 'i must pay respect to deadly seven because of asimov' how can i do that?

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2015
Was there ever a fix for not being able to go through the rocks in the necropolis hub?
BTW Cutlerine, this hack has given me hours of entertainment, i love it!(except for this hub glitch :P)

Ragnia

Hello
Years
So after returning to this hack after sometimes away I have started with a Baltoy once more. Though I pose one question, Cutlerine. Have you put Kajilianth in the game? I would assume you haven't due to the fact that his achievement is red.

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
Umm, I think I might be derpy or something...I can't for the life of me seem to find the Spanner to fix the engine on the submarine. I tried to look through the thread for the answers but after about 15 pages or so I realized that that would take way too long. I did manage to see something about the engineer's office but I can't find it anywhere...

Help?

Man,the episode with the guy who was hollowed out and can be worn like a suit... Dang, that sounded so wrong....and then, there was the lady with the eaten legs...LEFTOVERS!? So they're practically expecting you to feed a corpse to your pokemon... And it could even get worse... What if the pokemon actually LIKE the TASTE of it!!?? And it gets better...where do you think they'll find more? Probably the person that's standing right next to them...Still, pokemon Snakewood is still awesome, thumbs up if you agree!

Last edited:

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
So after returning to this hack after sometimes away I have started with a Baltoy once more. Though I pose one question, Cutlerine. Have you put Kajilianth in the game? I would assume you haven't due to the fact that his achievement is red.

I haven't, because I totally forgot he even existed.

Umm, I think I might be derpy or something...I can't for the life of me seem to find the Spanner to fix the engine on the submarine. I tried to look through the thread for the answers but after about 15 pages or so I realized that that would take way too long. I did manage to see something about the engineer's office but I can't find it anywhere...

Help?

Spoiler:

Man,the episode with the guy who was hollowed out and can be worn like a suit... Dang, that sounded so wrong....and then, there was the lady with the eaten legs...LEFTOVERS!? So they're practically expecting you to feed a corpse to your pokemon... And it could even get worse... What if the pokemon actually LIKE the TASTE of it!!?? And it gets better...where do you think they'll find more? Probably the person that's standing right next to them...

Yeah. It's all weird. Mmm. Weird.

I suppose your Pokémon need to learn to like the taste of man; they're going to have to live off zombies for a while, aren't they?

Years
Hey Cutlerine... would you mind posting the things that can be done after the main storyline? (e.g Catching Luca Zamon, Turmur etc.) - also some hints will be appreciated :(
I've only beaten Gym Island and caught Senex... but thats about it :(

I think this game is excellent. I have a Paras! Please can you tell me what the egg is?

I found out what the egg was!! The eggs hatched into a mystery egg.

Spoiler:

I suppose your Pokémon need to learn to like the taste of man; they're going to have to live off zombies for a while, aren't they?
Um,the leftovers are from a HUMAN that's just died,not a zombie yet,and who's the only human that YOU're pokemon know and was trained by? Yeah, that outta be something to think about... O.o

Spoiler:

Um,the leftovers are from a HUMAN that's just died,not a zombie yet,and who's the only human that YOU're pokemon know and was trained by? Yeah, that outta be something to think about... O.o

Last edited:

Varelse

Indeed a fan
Years
I seem to have found a misstype in the features and new stuff section on the op. Towards th bottom of the section, you wrote that this game had a slightly increased difficulty level. You somehow managed to misswrite 'extremely' as 'slightly'. I vote this be changed

Ragnia

Hello
Years
Hola. Dunno why I said that because I'm not spanish but oh wells. Anyways just beat the game for my *counts on hands* sixth time, and I got to Gym Island after getting most legendaries except for That Man, Faceleec, Skylax (I think thats his name) and Shaderu (I can't find the final two hearts...). However that is irellevant. I came here to ask how the quack do I get through "The Deadly Gym"? I thought my game broke when I went in. Oh! One last thing ,does the Deoxys Rock have any relevance at all? Thanks!

Back