• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Hitmonchan or Hitmonlee?

Flakey Bear

Just watch it.
Years
Hitmonchan. Makes me more oriented at the Fight type by just looking at him.
More attack, but less defense. Remember to give some Iron to him so he can master that stat.

babaGAReeb

Banned
Years
lee, why? because of this

Spoiler:

Crystar500

Stressed and Confused
Years
I always thought the ends of their names came from Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee. So I usually asked myself: Do I like Jackie Chan or Bruce Lee?

I like Bruce Lee more. :) Hitmonlee is actually better in Gen 1 anyway.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
I always chose Hitmonchan since he had the elemental punches and Mach Punch as a STAB fighting move but I've never used him on a team.

MrElephant

Pokemon Researcher
Years
Oh my favorite thread of all time! I love hitmonlee... He is my FAVORITE pokemon. First of all he is much better looking pokemon than hitmonchan plus his moves are a ton better.
Even though hitmonlee is my favorite pokemon though, whenever I use him competitively he is the first one to go :(

Why couldnt they make him a little bit stronger (or maybe I am raising him wrong)
Anyways I dont know why I talked so much here, maybe it is just because I like hitmonlee so much!

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I think I picked Hitmonlee most of the time because it's way more powerful as compared to Hitmonchan and is faster as well. Nothing can beat its High Jump Kick. Also, Bruce Lee. Never used him before, though.

Humble Hook

Because the Hook brings you back ~
Years
  • Age 30
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 16, 2016
I prefer Hitmonlee, mostly because of the Bruce Lee reference, but also because of Chan's elemental punches not getting a STAB. I thought they were useful back in Gen 1&2, but i didn't really understand type matchups when i was playing them for the first time.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 15, 2014
From what I remember Hitmonlee had stronger attacks, and I always thought he looked cooler, while Hitmonlee was dressed up too much

Back