• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why dont I see crobat PLS in decks?

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 2, 2015
This is actually only conjecture but...

1. It's a psychic type. Super effective against lucario EX and Mewtwo EX

2. Weakness to electricity. Not common deck type, except for that dedenne tech card.

3. Speed. Ability lets you draw extra cards

4. No retreat cost. Switch them out to outmaneuver poison.

5. Ultra toxic fang. Pair it with virbank and muscle band, and you can knock out a lucario EX or mewtwo EX in one turn with no particular drawback.

6. Great coalition with toxicroak EX. No matter what, you can poison your foe. Shining gown? No problem. Go offensive with Megahorns and lasers.

7. Fighting resistance -20. FRF cards don't stand a chance. Landorus EX only does 10 damage normally. (plus that other 30 >:l)

8. Not ability dependent. Garbotoxin is nothing to worry about. Yet you could still Megaphone

9. It's special. The pokemon TCG decided after the rotation was declared to make a special revision to allow BW51 and on promos to stay. BW51 was the promo crobat. (This was totally not an excuse to let Tropical beach stay and that promo would still be in rotation anyway because it was part of PLS and they are not Beach happy. -sarcasm obvious-)

10. It will go great with the next set. Phantom gate will probably provide some type of support for it...

11. Plasma ballable With level ball gone, ultra ball could find the basics in a crobat deck while plasma ball finds crobat. or use fan club with plasma ball.

12. Works with Deoxys EX Well duhh.. It's a plasma pokemon. Also, just boosting ultra toxic fang by 10 or 20 damage could decide a 1 HKO with that poison or not.

What I am saying is not fact and feel free to criticize me one comment at a time, if you have the free time..

Last edited:

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 2, 2015
Yeah, I've had my eperience with ampharos taking so long to set up..
here, you must
1. find zubat
2. find rare candy
3. find crobat or plasma ball
4. find a psychic energy
5. find a DBC energy
6. switch out to crobat
7. get out virbank
8. attack

But with how much you can cycle through a deck nowadays with Prof Juniper's bicycle repair shop, and with the new phantom gate, I see this with at least some potential.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
I have to say that what makes crobat bad. Is the existance of virizion Ex, Keldeo Ex, and anything else that provides easy retreat from poison.

Yes crobat can hit pretty decent numbers, but it does take way too long to set up and will not knock anything out super quick. Unlike lets say Shiftry. Who both provides draw power, but at the same time can OHKO Exs.

Back