• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hidden Items and It's importance to the Gameplay?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 18, 2016
I remember myself playing Pokemon Yellow as a kid and first experienced a hidden Nugget for the first time. I got really surprised and thought it was a neat thing to include in the game. So I started to explore the map and found a lot of things that you normally couldn't buy, like Ether, Elix(e)r, Nuggets and PP UP's. They came really handy at times.

TUDZDLY.png

And in the first generations, you could tell MILES away where they stow away these items. Find a lonely tree/rock/bush and you're almost guaranteed to find some hidden stuff in there. When I was a kid and had finished playing Pokemon Silver, I went back to replay my Pokemon Red and at this time, I fantasized that these trees were "fruit trees" or "bushes" like in GSC, were berry's would grow back. But sadly, that unfortunately didn't happen. Once the item was taken, no more could be obtained from there, until you started a new game. But this was the closest to "fruit trees" that existed in the first generation. The rest is history. We now got berries for EVERYTHING.

How Important are the hidden items for YOU?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Hm... I haven't actually thought about it. Though, if I absolutely have to go with something, I'd say they're not very important to me.

Usually, I know where they're hidden and whatnot, but I'm not exactly who collects items found on-ground. Why? Well, because in most cases, they wind up to be something not-so-valuable (could be found in store for low amount of price) such as Poké Ball and Great Ball. While it doesn't take much time or effort to click and put them into your backpack, I still tend to ignore them and proceed.

If it weren't for that, I definitely would have collected these things, for sure.

Back