• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum Tier Supporters

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
Years
I'm just a tad curious,

There are some users that I've seen that are "Platinum" Tier. I find this pretty strange because it isn't excatly listed on the page pertaining to donations, and while I probably won't be reaching that high of a tier, it'll be cool to know what comes with it, or is it the same as Gold but just to really support the community in a big way? Also, it wouldn't hurt for the information to be on the donations page, either. It would not only be more comprehensive, it would also spur users to donate more, and this would definitely help the site. :)

Years
Well, for starters the Platinum Tier is literally the smallest group here because it has a very huge requirement to even reach. As I recall, it requires a donation of around $100 to achieve.

However, it does have even more stuff the previous tiers don't, such as even bigger avatars (200x200 iirc) and the ability to use CSS in usertitles. So, in the big picture, Platinum is essentially the "hidden" tier. You pretty much have to discover its benefits yourself.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Platinum Tier is a not really secret tier that takes $100 to get. The perks are avatar limits that stretch your posbit, profile pictures that screws up your page even at 1080p, a gabillion PM inbox limit, and that's about it. The color choice for our usernames isn't the best imo. Should have been a creamy colour as opposed to this titanium pastel we have, but w/e >>

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
Years
Well, for starters the Platinum Tier is literally the smallest group here because it has a very huge requirement to even reach. As I recall, it requires a donation of around $100 to achieve.

However, it does have even more stuff the previous tiers don't, such as even bigger avatars (200x200 iirc) and the ability to use CSS in usertitles. So, in the big picture, Platinum is essentially the "hidden" tier. You pretty much have to discover its benefits yourself.

Yeah, I could image how little users would be there if it's not listed in the donations page. $100 is a lot to donate, and probably consists of users that are really dedicated to the site.

From what I remember the perks of the Platinum Tier have always been "find out once you get there" and they have been like that since I first donated since 2009. Pretty sure the tier starts at ~$100 too but I could be mistaken. I think it's nice there's a higher tier there for people who want to reach it and there's plenty of incentive to get there, I don't think listing it will help the site in any particular way.

Why not? Even listing it as Platinum Tier but not revealing the perks would be an incentive enough, and more people would see it because it's placed prominently, but in a subtle kind of way. ( Musicality's logic :p)

Platinum Tier is a not really secret tier that takes $100 to get. The perks are avatar limits that stretch your posbit, profile pictures that screws up your page even at 1080p, a gabillion PM inbox limit, and that's about it. The color choice for our usernames isn't the best imo. Should have been a creamy colour as opposed to this titanium pastel we have, but w/e >>

Is it not $100? This really piques my curiosity, I've always been interested in hidden things, and this seems like one of them. It's nice to hear from someone that's the platinum tier, and I agree, it looks too similar to the crystal tier. Users should have the freedom to maybe choose from a select few colors, to differentiate them from the rest. Just my two cents, gold and crystal look the best at the moment. ;)

Alexander Nicholi

Years
Yeah, I could image how little users would be there if it's not listed in the donations page. $100 is a lot to donate, and probably consists of users that are really dedicated to the site.

Why not? Even listing it as Platinum Tier but not revealing the perks would be an incentive enough, and more people would see it because it's placed prominently, but in a subtle kind of way. ( Musicality's logic :p)

Is it not $100? This really piques my curiosity, I've always been interested in hidden things, and this seems like one of them. It's nice to hear from someone that's the platinum tier, and I agree, it looks too similar to the crystal tier. Users should have the freedom to maybe choose from a select few colors, to differentiate them from the rest. Just my two cents, gold and crystal look the best at the moment. ;)

As far as I could gather from the talk about our tier, staff's reasoning for not advertising it was that it may make PC seem selfish in its donation system, or at least something to that effect. A benjamin isn't a lot to ask for for things these days in my opinion, but folks complain anyway and in the scheme of things donations is something you don't want people yammering about. :b

I run a Greasemonkey script that changes the CSS for our tiers to non-bold versions of the four staff tiers. Silver -> admin red, gold -> smod orange, crystal -> mod blue, and platinum -> steve purple. I hate the purple but I picked the colours based on statistics, so... yeah.

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
Years
As far as I could gather from the talk about our tier, staff's reasoning for not advertising it was that it may make PC seem selfish in its donation system, or at least something to that effect. A benjamin isn't a lot to ask for for things these days in my opinion, but folks complain anyway and in the scheme of things donations is something you don't want people yammering about. :b

I run a Greasemonkey script that changes the CSS for our tiers to non-bold versions of the four staff tiers. Silver -> admin red, gold -> smod orange, crystal -> mod blue, and platinum -> steve purple. I hate the purple but I picked the colours based on statistics, so... yeah.

Yeah, it could generate quite a bit of buzz and negativity, that's why I decided to DCC this thread. Their reasoning is pretty logical and I actually support it fully. A lot of people donate purely for the perks, and I can imagine people having comments like "oh, X bought his way into staff", if he's a Platinum donator and happens to hold a staff position, or "isn't a forum supposed to be free, why are you making donations such a big deal?" or unfounded comments of a similar nature. Wow, I may actually get to Platinum one day, and I look forward to implementing that script because I just love the colors that staff get. Most of them, actually, apart from the orange. I find that Supporter Gold looks better, but it's personal preference.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
Yeah, it could generate quite a bit of buzz and negativity, that's why I decided to DCC this thread. Their reasoning is pretty logical and I actually support it fully. A lot of people donate purely for the perks, and I can imagine people having comments like "oh, X bought his way into staff", if he's a Platinum donator and happens to hold a staff position, or "isn't a forum supposed to be free, why are you making donations such a big deal?" or unfounded comments of a similar nature. Wow, I may actually get to Platinum one day, and I look forward to implementing that script because I just love the colors that staff get. Most of them, actually, apart from the orange. I find that Supporter Gold looks better, but it's personal preference.

Staff's colours are Crayola and supporters' are the RoseArt knock-offs. They're just duller and less vivid, no matter what the box says. There is a joke that donating *zooms in* one MILLION dollars gets you admin, but its not really serious and this place is far from one rolling with that mentality to begin with. If money talked I'd be saying some stuff, but a mouth with money in it unfortunately doesn't always have the best things to say, does it?

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
Years
Staff's colours are Crayola and supporters' are the RoseArt knock-offs. They're just duller and less vivid, no matter what the box says. There is a joke that donating *zooms in* one MILLION dollars gets you admin, but its not really serious and this place is far from one rolling with that mentality to begin with. If money talked I'd be saying some stuff, but a mouth with money in it unfortunately doesn't always have the best things to say, does it?

you should get an Analogy emblem. xD

Nah, I doubt even donating more than that would get one admin. Admins are supposed to be representing the staff, so I doubt that anyone would be able to buy their way in.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I heard you get it from donating for other people. O_o That's what someone told me once, and it's the reason I don't want to. I like my blue because I agree with Alex... the platinum color isn't all that great, other than the perks and such.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
Years
Well, Platinum Tier Supporter is a "Hidden" Tier. It was the same way with PC Supporter Tier 6. It's for the people who donate a little bit extra such as $100.00 or more. Back in my days as non supporter right before I donated I didn't even know it existed. When I donated the first time I donated straight up $100.00 dollars and planned on getting PC Supporter Tier 5 but to my amazement there was a hidden tier for people like me apparently.

Overall I care and don't care about the extras. I am donating amounts of money to PC to help see it progress and because I am dedicated to the site. Not for some perks. While I do agree that Platinum Username Color Group I pretty much hate as its hard to see and I think is just ugly.

As far as buying your way into staff. If that was possible and I knew about it I would be donating at least $500.00 dollars per month lol

P.s Overall donating $100.00 dollars isn't that much or that hard for some people. Even if you can't afford to donate $100.00 in one day you can still donate $25.00 a month or whatever and it adds up.

I honestly wish there were Higher Tiers for over $250 or $500 because we have a couple of people already over the 200-300 mark for donations.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
I heard you get it from donating for other people. O_o That's what someone told me once, and it's the reason I don't want to. I like my blue because I agree with Alex... the platinum color isn't all that great, other than the perks and such.

Well, I could see where the misconception may stem from, given members like Andy and I have put in much more than $100 and most of it going to others... Musicality makes my total $330 if my math is right. ^^;

Also, the only other person I've ever brought up to platinum was one who's very special to me, and I did so from zero. Because of who she was I've vowed to myself to leave the exclusivity of the level of my benevolence in donations to her account alone, so I likely won't ever be making anyone else Platinum for a long while, even if I could. :p

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
As a Platinum-tier level user myself, I can confirm everything that's been said so far. However - and this is just on a personal preference - the "benefits" don't match up to the money that you have to donate to the site to achieve the title. If you're strictly donating for the benefits, than I wouldn't bother on it: buy yourself a video game instead or something. However, if you would like to continue donating for the longevity and continued stability of the site, than go right ahead and continue donating to the site. That's why I personally donated an extra $75 to go from Crystal to Platinum because I think this is an awesome site and I'd like it continue to be so for years to come.

I don't believe that's correct. For instance if you were a regular user and donated $100 on the spot to another user who also had $0 donated, by that logic it would make both users Platinum-tiered. You need to donate $100 in your name for your username to achieve that level.

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
Years
Thanks for all the insights guys, both from ordinary users and platinum supporters, and even staff themselves. In the future if I have the cash and am really dedicated to the site, by all means why not. But it's not something that I'm planning for. Perks shouldn't be the main reason in my opinion.

With regards to Symbiosis' post, there are only so many perks a forum can give. I can't imagine the perks that someone would get above platinum tier. There's really no point, all I can think of are possible fuller featured blogs / name color changes and just continuous expansion of PM space and avatar size, and stuff like that. People who donate that much are probably not in for the perks, but rather really dedicated to the site and feel liek giving back to a great community, otherwise they would have just donated the bare minimum to get to Platinum. :) These perks are PC's way of saying thanks, after all.

Morgnarok

Years
Thanks for all the insights guys, both from ordinary users and platinum supporters, and even staff themselves. In the future if I have the cash and am really dedicated to the site, by all means why not. But it's not something that I'm planning for. Perks shouldn't be the main reason in my opinion.

With regards to Symbiosis' post, there are only so many perks a forum can give. I can't imagine the perks that someone would get above platinum tier. There's really no point, all I can think of are possible fuller featured blogs / name color changes and just continuous expansion of PM space and avatar size, and stuff like that. People who donate that much are probably not in for the perks, but rather really dedicated to the site and feel liek giving back to a great community, otherwise they would have just donated the bare minimum to get to Platinum. :) These perks are PC's way of saying thanks, after all.

I agree but at the same time like others I hate the platinum color. I would donate another $150.00 - $300.00 dollars right now if there was a higher tier with a different color. I'm not really into donating large amounts of all the perks, Only thing I really ever donated for was to help the site and to get a different username color/rank image.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
I agree but at the same time like others I hate the platinum color. I would donate another $150.00 - $300.00 dollars right now if there was a higher tier with a different color. I'm not really into donating large amounts of all the perks, Only thing I really ever donated for was to help the site and to get a different username color/rank image.

Or, you know, instead of spending that much money we can possibly just tweak the color of it so it's not as nauseating. Seems a little ridiculous to spend that much money just for a color change when it's easily fixable.

Morgnarok

Years
Or, you know, instead of spending that much money we can possibly just tweak the color of it so it's not as nauseating. Seems a little ridiculous to spend that much money just for a color change when it's easily fixable.

That is true but I would believe we would need to have a poll for platinum users to see if the people who don't like the color out weigh the people who do first. After than then we would have to go through the proper channels to get them to change it and then not sure how long it would take to change it.

$150.00-$300.00 isn't that much for me. More so what I just have laying around and don't need since I will get my next pay check in a few days. I already discussed about myself before this isn't the time to go over it again.

At any rate I was just stating maybe there should be a higher tier for those people who do go far and beyond the easy $100.00. Even if the platinum tier was fixed to a different color or shade maybe there should be a higher tier for those select few who continue to donate large amounts.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
Also just throwing that out there...I've never seen an admin say no to changing your color to a lower tier's color, as long as it's not a higher tier's.

Crystal is everywhere, gold looks like barf, and silver is illegible. Platty only wins by default here, also an eyesore.

We really need better colours than this.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Crystal is everywhere, gold looks like barf, and silver is illegible. Platty only wins by default here, also an eyesore.

We really need better colours than this.

tumblr_m3bduzqGzR1rsawgno1_500.gif

I quite like both gold and platinum personally. Silver is pretty when you're on a dark or light theme and not somewhere in between as well. The only one I'm not a fan of, ironically, is crystal.

Polls to change the username colors generally fail spectacularly; when it was still blue and people were pulling for change, hstaff told us that it would only pass not only if the majority of people agreed it should change but if the majority of people agreed on what to change it to. Which is near impossible just because so many colors exist. The only time it really worked was when hstaff had already decided on a color and they just said "yes/no to this color", so that would probably be the best way to go.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
tumblr_m3bduzqGzR1rsawgno1_500.gif

I quite like both gold and platinum personally. Silver is pretty when you're on a dark or light theme and not somewhere in between as well. The only one I'm not a fan of, ironically, is crystal.

Polls to change the username colors generally fail spectacularly; when it was still blue and people were pulling for change, hstaff told us that it would only pass not only if the majority of people agreed it should change but if the majority of people agreed on what to change it to. Which is near impossible just because so many colors exist. The only time it really worked was when hstaff had already decided on a color and they just said "yes/no to this color", so that would probably be the best way to go.
LimpSmoothKakapo.gif

Here's how to vote on anything from a large pool of choices and get a result that most people are happy with with (Source: voting for prom royalty freshman year)

1. Hold a mass vote where everyone can pick any choice they like they like
2. Let those in charge take a few out of all of the mass choices
3. Have people vote again out of those few, majority rules

I guess it would work best in PCs case case to let the members or supporters or whatever discuss among color choices and then have the staff select a few popular choices and then hold a poll on that. Simple enough, right?

Back