• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who's the boss?

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
In your group of friends, who do you find to be the leader, do you see yourself as the leader, or do you see one of your friends as the leader?

I haven't actually said anything about this, but with my friends, I kinda feel I am the leader, however, I don't really care if I am or not, everything seems just up to me.

Years
Oh! That's the friend that's smarterer than me's! Better get my not-that-I'm-creepy face on and not interrupt! Follower for the win.

Yuuup. I'm a sapiophile & sucker for brains. If I wanted dumb friends, I wouldn't be a nerd.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
In my group of friends... well, it depends on which group you speak of. In Junior ROTC I'm a major subordinate for now, but will likely have Squadron Commander handed to me senior year on a silver platter.

On PC, there are special colours on our names that explain that better than I ever could.

In the end I do I what I want and try not to burn too many things down in the process, being the boss of me and myself. What else can you do?

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I feel like it depends on the situation. If we're trying to pick apart a movie, book, game, or just story in general, I definitely lead the way. I also lead the way when we go frisbee golfing, or play video games.

Although, when it comes to stuff my friends and I should do, I'm generally a follower. I don't really care what we do, as long as it's not really boring, so I'll follow people with what they want to do.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I wouldn't say anyone is the leader in any of my group of friends. I am a pretty passive person so it's rare that I care what is going on, but if I do I will def say something or just not grace the moment with my presence if I don't want to go. I think friend dynamics are different when you're in school, but when you're in the real world everyone just does what they want and no one really gives a **** at the end of the day.

The only thing that stands out to me in my friend groups or just life in general is that a lot of people come to me for advice. So I guess they see me as having a good head.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
There's no leader in my group, really. We're adults, we don't boss each other around, and we live too far away at this point to be able to not plan way in advance our meetings. When you're both planning something, the person travelling tends to plan more but it's not because they're the leader, just because it's them that's moving.

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
yeah, there's really no boss in either of my Really Close friend groups. and even if there is and I'm just oblivious to it, it's definitely not me. I go with the flow.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
Years
As a child I'd take the reins at every opportunity I could. These days I don't really feel fond of the idea of taking charge of anything, really. Like, I'll arrange little things, but **** actually trying to co-ordinate a bunch of people for whatever reason. It's not worth the hassle. I mean, if there was a salary attached that tempted me I'd certainly consider working as a higher up... other than that, especially with friends, nope nope nope.

Shiny Bunnelby

Tolerated, but never celebrated.
Years
I'm not the leader, but I am the voice of reason in the group. And designated driver.

Nah, the leader would be my best friend. She is the fearless, outspoken sort and she usually has the plans made before we even discuss anything. Always charging in first, "LET'S DO THIS ****!"

AxeBeard McBeardAxe

Jarl of the PokeCommunity
Years
I don't know how, but in my group of friends I always seem to end up in charge. I just seem to have the qualities of a leader and my friends just kinda make me one, and I've got no problem with that. Honestly, I like being at the head of things, even if it's just the conversation.

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
Years
I don't really have any friends, so... I guess you could say I'm my own leader?

I tend too just go with the flow of whatever anybody wants to do though, e.g. family wants to go out for dinner, sure I'll go. Family wants to watch a movie upstairs, hell if I'm not down in my room rocking out to some sweet jams on YouTube and playing Pokemon I'm down for a movie. I'm not a sheep, not a follower but I'm certainly no leader. And even back when I had friends, and I'd try to take charge (generally only when the plans were so up in the air that people started getting irritated), everyone would usually either laugh or ignore me.

Feels good keeping to myself, though.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Growing up, I had two different groups of friends at different points in my life.

I was the leader in one of them that I had around elementary school time, and a friend named Tim was the leader in another of them that I had around early middle school.

After I got to the 8th grade, I stopped really spending time with groups of people and focused on individuals.

Years
I had a lot of friends in high school but I had smaller group of really close friends that I was the ring leader of. We could get pretty rowdy if we were all together at the same time - probably why most of us outright failed and/or got a D in our Algebra 2 course junior year, hahaha.

Most of the time I end up the "leader" when I'm with a group of my friends.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
I'm the leader of my one-man-army. If I happen to tag along some other people, not so much. In such a case I'm just someone who's there, for some reason and whom nobody even notices.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I always try to wiggle into the position of second-in-command, which allows me to have a say in everything without having to actually take the lead. Which I will do if necessary, but yeah. I'd rather be a step behind my friend Dani and "direct" him :P

Manitee

bury me alive
Years
I'm 100% the leader. I have no idea why, though. It's been like that for a few good years. Like if someone different wanted to sit with us in HS then everyone would have to ask me first. I always made the plans on what we did and set up everything. I remember one time at lunch I realised that I was this 'leader' in the group so I just sat there and said nothing to none of them and they didn't speak at all either, it's kinda sad really and even though they're awesome and I wouldn't change them it was just like 4 sheep always behind you. Everybody gets up to leave when I stand up, I never really liked it because I felt bossy as ****.

Universe

all-consuming
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
I always try to wiggle into the position of second-in-command, which allows me to have a say in everything without having to actually take the lead. Which I will do if necessary, but yeah. I'd rather be a step behind my friend Dani and "direct" him :P

And me. Don't forget me. :D

I'm leader. I pull the strings.
I am the big boss with the big fancy mug.

Back