• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2015
Download the egg corruption patch that should fix it. Don't save with the eggs.

Edit: it's one or two pages back included in one of metapod23's posts.

Which version of the patch is it? 3.01 / 3.02 / 3.03 ?
Also, can I patch that version over my current version? I think I have 3.0 now

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2015
They say never double patch ROMS so no don't repatch it

The problem is, I already am in the Mewtwo episode so I don't really want to go back. If there's a possible way to keep playing form where I am at the moment, it would be great.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hey, this hack is awesome but I think i' am going to wait untill the next beta is realesed. Moroever, can someone say me if Pokemon Ash's Quest follow all the anime events??????
Yes, it does follow every event that Ash experienced throughout the whole Indigo League =)

Anyways seeing all these new things, I just got the urge to play it :D
So I will :D
And I'll try to find as many bugs as possible to help you Metapod =)
Keep on working on Beta 3.5 =)

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2015
Just finished my play-through of V3.03 and only encountered one glitch.

If you get on the Ferry to New Island directly after the Mewtwo event you can't board the ferry back. Stranding you on the Island.

I still have to hunt for one Red Shard to do Go West Young Meowth. Painfully mining away till one pops up. After that I'm done.

Can't wait for 3.5 and the Pokemon League.

marcc5m

what
Years
How do I do make room for gloom? The nursery is closed.
Btw I found a ton of typos and stuff but forgot to take screenshots. Also, Jesse and James Arbok and Weezing should be raised at least one level for the Diglett episode, because otherwise they managed to evolve while staying at the same level as the Htmonchan episode.

Years
first metapod great job..thanks for this game...i need relay help..first i cant go on cinnbar island it says the boat isnt leaving quite jet come back later please i need help for this can anyone say me what to do or put a video anything.and just to know is there only one everstone or more??that is all...relay i need help..tnx

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2011
hey guys wondering if u could help me cant seem to activate make room for gloom epiosde what do i do thx :D

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2015
Guys, my Pokemon turned into eggs in the Mewtwo episode after talking to the water. I know that I need to patch my rom with a different version but:

1. Which version should I use?

2. Can I patch that version over my current one? I don't want to lose my progress :s

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
hey guys wondering if u could help me cant seem to activate make room for gloom epiosde what do i do thx :D

How do I do make room for gloom? The nursery is closed.
Btw I found a ton of typos and stuff but forgot to take screenshots. Also, Jesse and James Arbok and Weezing should be raised at least one level for the Diglett episode, because otherwise they managed to evolve while staying at the same level as the Htmonchan episode.
You warp to Pallet town and talk to your mom, she would like yout to get fertilizer and the nursery doors will be open.

Guys, my Pokemon turned into eggs in the Mewtwo episode after talking to the water. I know that I need to patch my rom with a different version but:

1. Which version should I use?

2. Can I patch that version over my current one? I don't want to lose my progress :s
Metapod posted a special patch for me a page ago when I had the same problem, I confirmed it, it works perfectly. Heres Metapods quote with the egg free patch
^ Here's the No Eggs corruption patch:

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/251370/PokemonAshGrayNoEggPatch.ips

The ash sprite is by the Pokemon Center in Old Wharf. Just talk to it, then proceed as normal. Let me know if it works or not (as I'm not sure it will).
Also, I patched it over my current version so it will work :)

Last edited:

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Anyone know where to get some shards in this game?

Using the pickaxe on rocks and a few can be found with the item Finder.

first metapod great job..thanks for this game...i need relay help..first i cant go on cinnbar island it says the boat isnt leaving quite jet come back later please i need help for this can anyone say me what to do or put a video anything.and just to know is there only one everstone or more??that is all...relay i need help..tnx

You have to put one of your Pokemon with the breeding center, then go back and access the secret base and battle Team Rocket. Afterwards you should be able to go to Cinnabar.

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2015
In the "Lights, Camera, Quacktion" episode is Misty suposed to appear? I battled all the trainers there and tried all my Pokemon to see if they could fit the show and nothing happened. Also, after that episode my next one is Bruno's. Where's the Meowth episode at?

Years
Using the pickaxe on rocks and a few can be found with the item Finder.

You have to put one of your Pokemon with the breeding center, then go back and access the secret base and battle Team Rocket. Afterwards you should be able to go to Cinnabar.

thanks for that but i cant find that secret base where is it??

Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2011
Hey there, thanks for the great hack. Really liked it.

But i discovered a bug. When you going upstairs in Rock Tunnel (not the one, that leads to Cinnabar) the game is freezing.
EDIT: Never mind, when i battled all NPC's there, the freezing is gone.

Also, guys, if you don't wana lose your progress, use Save State. Then simply replace the old game file with newer version. It worked fine for me. (Emulator: Gameboid (Android))

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2011
Can you describe the bug more clearly? Maybe I or my brother can help you with this issue. If you don't mind, can you either take an image or upload a video so that I can help you, Mr. James?

Oh, never mind. I don't know what happened, but when i battled all NPC's there, it allowed me to continue game. Strange....

Anyway, tnx for trying to help.

Back