• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The *new* Kimono Girls

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Call me biased, but I wanted to make this thread about the Kimono Girls, because absolutely loved the Kimono Girls this time around. On Pokémon G/S/C, I didn't much mind them, but, I really loved the fact that they had a bigger role. Did anyone else loved that fact? Well, first, If you don't know who the Kimono Girls are, they are Naoko, Sayo, Zuki, Miki, and Kuni. They each have 1 member of the Eevee family, which includes Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Espeon, and Umbreon.

Kimono_Girls_Tin_Tower.png

Well, they didn't necessarily a huuuge role, but, I did like the way they have incorporated them into the way that you can obtain the legendary pokemon! The first time around, at pokemon G/S/C, they were all together, dancing in the Ecruteak Dance Studio, in which if you beat them all in a battle, you can get the Surf TM from a random NPC.

On HG/SS though, we learn a little bit more about them, and they help on on summoning the legendary Pokémon. We meet Zuki, back in Violet City, as she explained that there needed to be someone to raise a Mystery Egg. Naoko was the one who wasn't great at directions, who we've met at Ilex Forest, in which our pokemon helped her to show her the way out of the forest. Miki is a really quiet Kimono girl, whom we've helped her chase off a Rocket Grunt from the Ecruteak dance theater. We saw Sayo from the Ice Caves before Blackthorn City, which we've pushed her to help her to escape the ice. And finally, Kuni is the kimono girl who loves to twirl, whom we've met in the Goldenrod Underground Tunnel.

So, basically, these girls have been 'testing us', in which we had to battle them all in order for them in order to get the Clear Bell in HG, or Tidal Bell in SS. Honestly? They were a lot tougher to face in HG & SS, because they all faced you consecutively, without breaks to heal our pokemon, haha. Plus, each of their pokemon had really good moves! (ie. Surf + Aurora Beam on Vaporeon)

With all this being said, what do you guys think of the Kimono Girls this time around? How did you enjoy battling them, and what did you think about their own development overall? Feel free to share any other thoughts as well! ^^

Sirfetch’d

I like how they played a much larger role in the storyline! They were a blast to battle and definitely an improvement from the originals haha. One of my favorite things about the remakes in all honesty c;

Years
I never played the originals so couldn't compare them, but I think these remakes made the Kimono Girls more enjoyable to battle and the fact they're now involved more in the storyline really helps that.

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
Years
Am I the only one who prefered them having a smaller role in G/S/C ? Yes ? Ok I'm not sexist trust me :/ I would have rather new female characters did there role rather that reusing the kimono girl just to squeeze out a few more drops of nostalgia

Years
I loved them. They were a pretty cool addition.

Although at first I only liked HER. I always though it was just one kimono girl who I kept saving over and over lol.

Rayshin

Lurking to the max.
Years
It certainly added an interesting dash of flavor rather than making it a complete G/S/C pixel-by-pixel remake.

blue

gucci
Years
Definitely unexpected, but it was great to see them much more involved with the storyline. It was nice for them to assist you from time to time or even just talk to you.

Reactions: Sun
Years
It DID seem a little bit different this time around... They seemed to be given much more attention. I was glad! Considering about how much I love seeing the Eeveelutions.

I was motivated to go back and find how they were interpreted in the anime, and apparently the episode "Espeon Not Included" showed the Eeveelutions they had inside of Curt's special balls (Moon Ball, Fast Ball, etc)... and it made me REALLY wish I could catch Eevee in a Moon Ball. ;_; Unfortunately, Eevees cannot be caught in the wild in Heart Gold/Soul Silver, so I was out of luck catching one in a special Pokeball.

But I digress. Honestly, any Pokemon story element that breaks up the predictable monotony of:
  1. Collecting badges
  2. Fighting an evil team
  3. Becoming league champion

Will leave me ecstatic, and that's why I probably liked the Kimono Girls so much. They gave HG/SS its own flavor and made Johto feel different from other regions. (They're not the only reason of course, but they helped!)

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I absolutely loved how they were sprinkled throughout the region and how you encountered them during the game. I also enjoyed the challenged of battling them consecutively which was actually quite hard! Umbreon was such a tank and I always had trouble with it. Their increase prominence within the storyline accompanied by the sense of mystery they brought with them whenever you interacted with them made them a really memorable addition to HGSS.

Years
I thought it was actually kind of cool to have been so much more developed. But I found it odd with some of the locations they would always end up in, like one of them being in an icy cave with her sandals...what the heck? )x

The last time I battled them in Heart Gold, they were no problem because I had a Forretress and a Quagsire, the former taking care of the first two and the latter for the other three.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
They were more mysterious and had a bigger role in my eyes and were pretty powerful trainers too and had eevee evolutions as theyre pokes which was really cool i gotta say in the original games i hardly ever noticed them compared to now :)

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I loved their larger involvement in the remakes. They were some of the most iconic moments as I played through GSC. By the time I had Crystal, I was rather hesitant to finish defeating them as we basically never saw them again. :( I'm fond of their Eeveelution theme team as well.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I thought it was weird that they had such a bigger role, but I suppose it made sense. I've always really liked the Kimono Girls in the original games, so it was nice to see them around in the story now too.

(Kuni will always and forever be my favorite because Vaporeon <3)

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
They weren't that important back in Gen II, except for show casing the two new Eeveelutions at that time and as well as a requirement to battle in order to obtain HM03 Surf.

I like the fact now that they have bigger roles than before and they obviously deserve it, given how they have their own unique sprites and encounter theme back in Gold and SIlver.

Their connection to Lugia, however, it feels a bit too forced. But then, they can't just do the hula dance to summon Lugia, right?

Back