• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: MrDollSteak's Decap. and Attack Rombase

Years
I think there's a bug wherein the text is scrambled and other symbols show up. I use a clean FireRed U Independent ROM.
Image:
Spoiler:

You have to use a v1.0 ROM; 1.1 won't work. You can check the version based on whether the first screen says "Game Freak Presents" (1.1) or just "Game Freak" (1.0).

Also, is there anyway this could be repointed for LeafGreen?

Last edited:
Years
You have to use a v1.0 ROM; 1.1 won't work. You can check the version based on whether the first screen says "Game Freak Presents" (1.1) or just "Game Freak" (1.0).

Also, is there anyway this could be repointed for Leaf Green?
You should have quoted Frostblade because he's having the problems not TheRealOCD. Also you're better off hacking Firered since no one hacks Leafgreen and there is little documented about it.

Years
You should have quoted Frostblade because he's having the problems not TheRealOCD. Also you're better off hacking Firered since no one hacks Leafgreen and there is little documented about it.

Fixed.

I have an idea. Is there a hack for FireRed that changes the encounters, dex entries, and title screen to that of LeafGreen?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I have an idea. Is there a hack for FireRed that changes the encounters, dex entries, and title screen to that of LeafGreen?

I doubt it, but I don't think it would be a huge amount of trouble to do that yourself. Is there any particular reason you need to hack LeafGreen rather than FireRed? Dex entries are a minor thing, the title screen doesn't influence the gameplay at all, and if you're making a hack it's common to just change the encounters a bit to make all the Pokemon you want available. (Also, if you did this, you'd still have to apply the patch to a FireRed ROM.)

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
I have an idea for the next version: you should update the TM/HM list to ORAS standards.
Yes, that also means Flash would be a TM.
That would also require expanding the list, which is still under research. :P

Making them re-usable as per FBI Agent's routines (this is the same one Throwback uses if you'd like to see it in action) would be completely doable however. That's easy to implant though, and honestly... FR vanilla isn't made well for it. Especially when PP resets to full every time one is used, it makes Ethers all but obsolete as-is.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
I have an idea for the next version: you should update the TM/HM list to ORAS standards.
Yes, that also means Flash would be a TM.

TMs have been expanded before by more than one person, although only one person has actually shown some source (which I don't remember where it went)

It is no simple task because it will require tons of space and it will take lots of time, which Dollsteak doesn't have much of.

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2021
i had foundes a bug.. when snow warning's snover pop out hail, he trace oponent ability, in another words... if you send first snover with snow warning says "intimidate's snover pop out a hail storm" when you face sharpedo for example.

Years
I also think the menu decapping should be undone, as menus are still capitalized in modern games (i.e. X/Y/OR/AS), and the whole point of the decapping was to be consistent with modern games.

InfiniteZero

I never change my Avatar. D=
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 18, 2016
i had foundes a bug.. when snow warning's snover pop out hail, he trace oponent ability, in another words... if you send first snover with snow warning says "intimidate's snover pop out a hail storm" when you face sharpedo for example.

Super easy fix you can do with a Hex Editor:

Go to the offset 909AF5 and replace FD 1B FE with FD 1A FE.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
I also think the menu decapping should be undone, as menus are still capitalized in modern games (i.e. X/Y/OR/AS), and the whole point of the decapping was to be consistent with modern games.
The point of decapping is to remove the sensation that the game is yelling at you. Just because TPCi's translators haven't fully decapitalised their own game doesn't mean we should shackle ourselves to their handbasket.

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2021
I also found another bug, moonblast freezes game like flash cannon does in my boy (android emu) and lava plume doesnt hit al pokemon un área just one oponent

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 16, 2015
Hello all. I'm back with something else extremely useful. I apologize in advance for this taking so long.

This patch, when applied on top of the rombase, should decapitalize all the NPC scripts that are left. Nothing else has been changed: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ibng09xit1wnxmk/FinalDecap.ips

EDIT: One small bug I saw looking at this: Thunder Stone is ThunderStonee because I had made it back to one word in mine. Same thing happens with a couple tickets. Fix is simple, just remember to switch it around after applying.

Christ. You couldn't just fricken do that before posting the download? Every single thing you post on this site has an annoying glitch that people now have to waste time fixing. For the love of god just test these things out before posting them in the future.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Christ. You couldn't just fricken do that before posting the download? Every single thing you post on this site has an annoying glitch that people now have to waste time fixing. For the love of god just test these things out before posting them in the future.
Dude, chill. It's just one simple difference due to me reverting spaces that would have caused slight overflows in the mart lists if they weren't fixed on the vanilla base. Most would have caught the original in Celadon and reverted it already (meaning not effected by the patch anyway) and are not going to be using the tickets at all. I would have fixed and re-uploaded for what is essientially a single added e that might have been fixed pre-application, but I made a judgment call.

Unless if there is some other problem, then I can help with that.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2021
I aso found another bug.... each turn when its raining hydration actives and pop up the message (for ex.) goodra's hydration heals etc etc...

Years
Even with the ini, opening this in PGE and attempting to use any of the editors causes the unhandled exception "Input string was not in the correct format".

Please help...

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2021
i have another problem too... when i use some evolutionary stone (moon stone) on any pokemon that dont uses... the game goes black and freezes... anyone can help me?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 3, 2015
how come this crashes PGE and G3S? i have the inis set up properly but it always gives me the same errors

I have the same problem. And when I am playing, every Pokemon can only use struggle! I dont know what i should do.

Back