• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Genre of the week: Children's Books

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I do not like green eggs and ham!

So what were some of your favorite books growing up? Any favorite authors?

The Lorax, would have to be my favorite children's book, but my favorite author was Shel Silverstein. I just loved going through his books of quirky little poems with my flashlight under the covers as I was supposed to be asleep, haha.

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
Years
Ho boy, did I have a lot of favorites!

The ones that have stuck with me the most (and worth a read as an adult as well) would be The Song of the Lioness Quartet and the Enchanted Forest Chronicles. I especially liked the gentle parody of fantasy tropes in the Enchanted Forest Chronicles, but the names Daystar and Shiara have stuck with me too

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
Years
To be honest, I didn't really get in to reading untill the latter half of the Junior school, In which I picked up a Young Adult(ish) book called Halo. Although I did read some books called Animal Ark, by Lucy Daniels. But rarely got to finish them

OOC: Is it considered advertising if I link off site to Wikipedia?

Bay

Years
To be honest, I didn't really get in to reading untill the latter half of the Junior school, In which I picked up a Young Adult(ish) book called Halo. Although I did read some books called Animal Ark, by Lucy Daniels. But rarely got to finish them

OOC: Is it considered advertising if I link off site to Wikipedia?

I think linking a Wikipedia page of those books is fine by me as it relates to this topic. :)

As for me, I think my favorite children story is The Polar Express. Was my first book when I started school, so it has a special place in my heart. I also remember loving My Father's Dragon, very cute story about a boy in an island and rescuing a dragon.

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
I have tons of them. I really loved Matilda and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. (My second grade teacher read out loud. Back then, and to some extent now, I get a better grasp of the book if I listen to it. Unless the syntax is "old" or "outdated," then please no.)

The books that really got me into reading were Silver Wing, The Titan's Curse, and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Back