• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Contest: PokéCommunity Team Hack-off: Progress Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Do you think you can get progress up to the first gym (or equivalent if you're doing special cases for Looker) in one week, or could you use more time?

Honestly a week or two more wouldn't hurt. ^~^U Most of us have no way other than PC to talk so it depends on when we're here to talk about it. If we picked it up a first clue update could be possible but I'm not too sure.
I am sure however that the other teams would enjoy a week more too. XD

Also I agree with FBI Agent about the team diversity/bigger teams.

Skaraborne

The sharpest 'mon in the thread
Years
So there's a week left but I haven't seen a lot of progress done by any teams, maybe no one's actually posting anything? :p If that's not the case, I'd be okay with extending the deadline to one, two, or even four weeks. Could one person from each team post their current progress here and if they'd like more time?

Team 2 is working hard and fast, but I guess one/two extra weeks wouldn't hurt the hacks.

What we have done so far: (blue=finished, orange=in progress, red=not started
Story
Overworld sprites
Tiles
Scripting

and much more. You can check our full thread for more.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Right then, I'll be extending the deadline by two weeks, so you all have until the end of the month to submit your hacks.

As for having bigger teams, they don't usually work, I think there's enough people in each teams so that the work can be divided equally, and beginners can still learn something along the way (provided that everyone's skills and experience are what they claimed they are :p). However I agree that 5-6 team members is not that good for this contest if you take inexperienced and inactive members into consideration, so maybe 3 teams of 7-8 people would work better, I wouldn't want to have less than three teams though, it wouldn't really be a competition that way.

If such a contest is hosted in the future there could be bigger teams and maybe people could sign up for certain positions instead of listing their skills (so each team would have a certain number of mappers, scripters etc.). I don't really have the time to look over a "Community Hack" but if someone is up for that they're welcome to. If you have any suggestions for future contests let me know. :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Do you think you guys will be done (one gym/equivalent) by Monday? I won't be extending the deadline longer I'm afraid, unless no team out of the four is ready.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
Do you think you guys will be done (one gym/equivalent) by Monday? I won't be extending the deadline longer I'm afraid, unless no team out of the four is ready.

I'm not sure but probably not. We have 3 maps and only one scripted.

Years
I really can't tell if Team 2 is gonna make it in time. I've been working hard to get all of my scripts done, and while the majority of them are finished by now, they still lack some info like movements or person numbers. A few other not script-related things are missing too, like new Pokémon or the Trainers.

The problem is that I haven't heard anything from giradialkia for two weeks now, and he is the one who's been doing the maps. I already sent him a PM here which he'll hopefully read as soon as possible. I really hope he goes online this weekend and sends me a patch with the maps so I can finally complete and insert the scripts, because I don't want to drop out of the competition and have all of the effort I put into this be all for nothing.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
I really can't tell if Team 2 is gonna make it in time. I've been working hard to get all of my scripts done, and while the majority of them are finished by now, they still lack some info like movements or person numbers. A few other not script-related things are missing too, like new Pokémon or the Trainers.

The problem is that I haven't heard anything from giradialkia for two weeks now, and he is the one who's been doing the maps. I already sent him a PM here which he'll hopefully read as soon as possible. I really hope he goes online this weekend and sends me a patch with the maps so I can finally complete and insert the scripts, because I don't want to drop out of the competition and have all of the effort I put into this be all for nothing.

Do you have any other experienced mappers in the team to do them instead? At this point if all you have left is maps and you've planned how the maps are going to be like you could have someone else do them rather than wait for inactive team members, that might not show up until it's too late.

Years
Do you have any other experienced mappers in the team to do them instead? At this point if all you have left is maps and you've planned how the maps are going to be like you could have someone else do them rather than wait for inactive team members, that might not show up until it's too late.
We would still have Slowpoke13, Sniper and enrock12 in our team who stated mapping in their skills. But to be honest, I haven't seen them online a lot on Skype lately either (I haven't even heard one word from enrock12 throughout the whole contest). Also, giradialkia is the one who has the current ROM with the latest version of the tiles. However, since our story is going to take place on the Sevii Islands anyway, we could take the standard FR tiles and maps in a pinch.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Team 1 is getting faster.
Our current beta isn't even a beta however. None of our scripters can work right now due to school, losing their data, and one that just hasn't been on lately, so the storyline can't be implemented yet, only by what vague clues I can give out so far. Me and the other "on pc every day" teammember can't script too well but we do what we can, it just feels like a lot to do.
On the other hand, our current(but not yet put up in the thread) ips is pretty good. Glitchy a bit, ans lifeless, but good.
We might be able to pull it through if a scripter from our team can help by tomorrow but I dunno.

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Ehh, how long is everyone's beta? Ours is roughly 10 mins of game time, lel.

I'm going to see how much more things I can pack into it soon.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years

Ours is hopefully about 15-20 min.:P Thats if I can finish it today.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years

Ours is maybe 2 minutes without exploring thw area heheheh..... We don't have any more good scripters left so we have to make do with stealing scripts from in game and basic stuff.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
Question for the mods, do we have to have it done and posted by tuesday midnight or monday midnight? And what time zone or does it matter>

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
At this point I'll just say 24 hours after one team posts their patch here. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back