• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is this actually legal to do?

Years
So, back when i played the pokemon TCG, I always used a specific kirlia card and wally's training.
Wally's Training:
Search your deck for a card that evolves from your Active Pokémon (choose 1 if there are 2) and put it on your Active Pokémon. (This counts as evolving that Pokémon.) Shuffle your deck afterward.
With Diamond and Pearl: Secret Wonders Kirlia:

Kirlia 80 HP

Psychic Research
Search your discard pile for a Supporter card and use the effect of that card as the effect of this attack. (The Supporter card remains in your discard pile.)

Telekinesis
Choose 1 of your opponent's Pokémon. This attack does 40 damage to that Pokémon. This attack's damage isn't affected by Weakness or Resistance.

This worked by evolving a ralts on the second turn using wally's training if it was in hand, then using psychic research. People would get really mad at me as this would get a gardevoir out before most people even had a pokemon evolved once. I've assumed specific rules over general, but looking back- was this a legitimate move to make?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 14, 2015
Hey Guys! I'm back.

At the time, I believe that it was, just really overlooked by the SP and Lvl. X.

However, I was only playing, not playing AND judging back then.

Hey Guys! I'm back.

At the time, I believe that it was, just really overlooked by the SP and Lvl. X.

However, I was only playing, not playing AND judging back then.

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 2, 2015
This worked by evolving a ralts on the second turn using wally's training if it was in hand, then using psychic research. People would get really mad at me as this would get a gardevoir out before most people even had a pokemon evolved once. I've assumed specific rules over general, but looking back- was this a legitimate move to make?

There is no problem with this, as Wally and Delta evolution bypass the "evolve once per turn, after the turn the pokemon was put down" rule.

What could be against the rules?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 14, 2015
There is no problem with this, as Wally and Delta evolution bypass the "evolve once per turn, after the turn the pokemon was put down" rule.

What could be against the rules?

This was back in DP era, when it was a little bit sketchier on these kind of rulings.

Back