• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokémon Music Awards! [General - Voting! (extended till April 7th)

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Pokemon%20Symphony%20610.jpg

Welcome to the PGCs Music Awards, or Music Showdown! Here, I'm all but curious to hear what is Pokecommunity's favourite video game track from a wide list of categories! But since there's so many, each of them are going to be broken down into a couple of weeks!

At any rate, this week's theme is General! What does that mean? You can nominate ANY music from any video game that you like!

How does this work?
So, each time that there's a Pokémon Gaming Central Music Awards thread that pops up, all of you can nominate any one of your favourite tracks, or any other tracks that you think deserve the spotlight, to be featured to be the best pokemon game music that represents the theme!

After the nomination period, the next phase will be for voting, in which, every track that has been nominated by someone will be up for votes! Everyone can vote to a minimum of two tracks that will win! In the end, whichever track has the most votes, will be the winner! And that's not all - there will be a featured thread representing that video game music for the voters! And the winning theme will be put on display for everyone to hear! So, vote carefully!

Schedule
This schedule is subject to change dependent on quantity of nominees and other circumstances.

Nominations will last March 15 - 22
Voting will last from March 23 - March 30
Winner will be declared on March 31st!​

Nomination Form
Your nomination form must be done LIKE THIS. Any nominations that do not follow this guideline cannot compete!

Nominee: (The name of the soundtrack)
Link to Video: (You can link it, or post a embed video of it!)
Why: (Let the voters know WHY this track is the best there is for this theme! It can be as long as you want!)​

Prizes
The person who nominates the winner of the Showdown will be allowed to select the next Video Game's Music Awards's topic/theme!
All participants will receive an award!

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Link to Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHLEj5qLNX0
Why: This is easily one of the most iconic pieces of Pokemon music, in my opinion. As the first female Champion, Cynthia was already something special, but a short, sharp and pulse-pounding little piano piece to lead into one of the more difficult Champion battles in the franchise made it that much more special.

blue

gucci
Years
Nominee: Zinnia's Battle Theme

Why: Because it's fierce, just like Zinnia. As a new character she plays a major role in the Delta Episode, we discover so much about her background in such a short space of time. I think this theme fits her persona perfectly.

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Nominee: Pokemon Black/White Music - Route 10

Why: Personally I didn't really pay attention to the route music in pokemon lately, except this track which was really amazing; I really love how this represents 'the calm before the storm' since this route leads to victory road! The guitar is awesome, and the atmosphere you get from this, I don't think any other route can reproduce. :3

Gogoat Rocks!

The Hype is Real
Years
Nominee: Wally's Victory road battle theme - ORAS
Link to Video:

Why:The music really showed Wally's Determination to prove that he can be a great trainer no matter the cost. Even though he was a sick child, he fought his sickness. he never gave up on his dream and never gave in to his sickness. Fighting what he believes in. Even though we kept on beating him he never gave up. I think this Is the best music ever composed by pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Nominee: Slateport City.
Link to Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW-Pu4Squ8M

This theme is very loud, which I believe is quite fitting for this particular location. Slateport is one of the most crowded city in Hoenn, statistically--there's a museum, ship dock, big open market, and lots, lots of other things for us to see, so it's not very surprising--and the dynamic of its song seems to represent this pretty well. It's very catchy, too, at least in my opinion; once you start listening, it's kind of tough to stop.

Years
There are so many pieces of music I'd love to nominate! I look forward to participating in these competitions in the future.

Nominee: Primal Groudon/Kyogre's battle theme
Link to Video:

Why: This battle theme is incredibly menacing and perfectly conveys the sublime power of the natural forces the player is encountering and has to face. Additionally, the integration of the original GBA sounds is a reflection of 'primal reversion' -the battle music itself is reverting to its original form.
I believe this remaster of the original battle theme (which was already great) is very clever and apt for this climatic battle, and one of the best battle themes I've heard in a while. :)

Last edited:
Years
Nominee: Pokemon X and Y - Route 1

Link to Video:

Why: Huh? What? Route 1? Was that a thing in X/Y? Yeah it was an area in Pokemon X and Y... actually it was the shortest area in X/Y no matter how you look at it. Because of this, I really wanted to put the music for the route up for nomination because I think it's the best route music in the game even though it's so low key. It's such a cheerful theme and it really fit the mood of going to meet your rivals for the first time.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Nominee: Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - Route 201 (Day Theme)
Link to Video:

Why: Ahhh, I remember the times I spent in this area walking around with max repel even though I had more cities to explore, simply to here this song. It's so happy and cheerful I absolutely love it <3

Gen 4 is my all-time favorite generation - it was the second Pokemon game I played, has most of my favorite Pokemon and characters and has IMO the best region. Route 201 is where is all begins, and the relaxed, easygoing tune sets a wonderful theme for the whole journey.

The main reason I fell in love with this song at first sight (sound?) was because it reminded a lot of the anime, which also featured a slightly modified version of this song. It's wonderful in both versions :3

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
Nominee: Team Aqua/Magma hideout
Link to Video:

Why: I seriously couldn't pick between the Mt Chimney and this. I finally went with this cuz I thought it was a teenee tiny better. I loved it because like it was a mix of Jazz, Rock and Metal (kinda).

The Jazz and the sound the sound of the electrical guitar just mixed together so well. Not to forget, it brought nostalgia to all of us. The ORAS remake was great too, but the it can never beat the original.

I remember the day I was trying to get there but it was practically impossible. It took me about 3 days to get there, and I didn't even do it, my brother did it. The music was just so awesome, and I thought that it was pretty hardcore at that time.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Nominee: Lance's Champion Theme
Link to Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnIOoSVGUs0
Why?: Also known as the Johto Champion theme and Lance/Red's theme, Lance's Champion Theme is perhaps the most intense battle theme in the series. It feels like the final battle to end all final battles, which is fitting because Gen II was originally suppose to be the grande finale of the franchise, as shown by hearing the beginning sample of the main Pokemon theme played in this music.

Years
Oh dear I almost forgot about this thread! I hope I made it in time...

Nominee: Pokémon Diamond & Pearl - Eterna Forest
Link to Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFzw8ygfw4Y
Why: While not as thematically significant as some of the other Nominees, I just had to nominate my favorite of all the forest themes. It's a simple tune, but very serene (to me, anyway) with the synthesized piano a flute. I remember when I was younger just leaving the game on while in Eterna Forest at night sometimes and just letting the music lull me to sleep.

Years
Apologies for the double post, but I think everyone must have forgotten about voting period!
Here are my votes:

Zinnia's Battle Theme
Lance's Champion Theme
Cynthia's Theme

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Whoops! Yeah, right now is the voting period! Whiiich I'm going to extend for a week for my error thinking the voting was today; sorry!

Anywho. Now for the voting round, if you choose to vote, vote for at least two of the video game music nominations that will be listed below. You're allowed to vote for more than that, but, just know that the minimum is two. Anyone is allowed to vote!

check out the nominees in the spoilers below! You can listen to each one, and vote for your favourites!

Spoiler:

f you're voting, just post on this thread! For example, you can vote like this (which are my votes BTW):

Zinnia's Battle Theme
Pokemon Black/White Music - Route 10
Wally's Battle theme

You can just list your votes, or.. anyway you want; if you want to provide an explanation on why you voted for the themes that you voted for, that'll be great too! At any rate, happy voting, and good luck!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
My votes:

Cynthia's Battle Theme
Zinnia's Battle Theme
Route 10
Wally's Battle Theme
Primal Kyogre/Groudon Theme
Colress' Battle Theme
Lance's Battle Theme

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
I'm sure I'm not gonna win this, but it was fun at least. Here are my votes.

Team Aqua/Magma Hideout
This is my Pokemon music and the reason behind why I chose the music is next to the music itself.

Route 201 (Day)
Some people may say I'm bias for choosing my brother, but I'm really not. I was originally gonna pick this one, but my brother picked it before me, so I had to search for another one. Plus, both me and my brother have the same taste of music, most of the times.

Route 1 - X and Y
There was so muchemotion in the song, I reckon it was the only beginner route song with so many sounds at once. Plus, I really liked the rhythm of the song, it was nice.

blue

gucci
Years
My vote - Route 10 - Black & White.

This is probably my favourite Route themes of all, the instrumentals work just beautifully together.

My second vote is for Cynthia's Battle Theme.

Easily my favourite of all the champion themes, such a fitting and climactic track for the final battle.

Last edited:
Back