• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What if.. You Woke Up in Unova One Day?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
(Old topic, but here goes!)
300px-Unova_alt.png

So let's imagine your life suddenly became Mystery Dungeon-esque, and you woke up in Unova (B/W's Unova, that is, not the future Unova) suddenly! Basically, one day, you've mysteriously woke up in Unova, and.. you don't know why.

With this in mind, would you want to go back to human reality straight away, or explore the region? Where would you go? Who would you see? Would you try to collect gym badges, or meet Unovian pokemon? Would you try and track down Plasma, knowing they exist? Would you stay?

Feel free to share ideas and thoughts~!

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Online now
I think it'd be pretty cool. I'd certainly stick around for a while and explore. Not exactly sure what I'd do during my time there or how long I'd stay, but I'm not gonna try to leave asap.

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2017
i wouldn't go back to the real world right away, but i'd stay for a bit. i'd explore the region and try to catch some of my favorite pokémon! i'd especially love to visit nimbasa city and ride the ferris wheel with my pokémon. :>

pkmin3033

I'd move to Sinnoh and actually have fun.

...failing that I'd endeavour to become Roxie's manager so I could get her to sing awesome cover songs.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
I would hope it's like the Stravaganza series and I could wake up in my own bed while when I sleep I will wake up back in Unova! :3 The timelines wouldn't be 100% accurate and I would come back at night, where in Unova it would be morning.
As for what I would do, I'd probably hang around a bit to see what happens, and probably not get too attatched to anyone if I'm going back, but I'm sure some random extrovert protagonist will just happen to follow me and try to talk to me just because I'm alone. :T Darn your happiness Hilbert/Black.

Years
I actually did wake up in Unova today. Hello, NYC.
...but seriously, I would probably wander around Castelia and Nimbasa for a bit, then retire to Nacrene City or White Forest.

Last edited:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I'd probably find out how to get home first, and then explore Unova a bit assuming that once I figure out how to go home, it wouldn't be my only chance. I'm not sure how long I would stay, but depending how life there turns out to be, there's a possibility I would stay forever and try to open up a grass type gym.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
I'd most likely stay in Unova. I would make a team of my favorite team I have in my Black 2 Game. I'd collect all the badges first then probably go after Team Plasma. I'd be amazing to go up against Team Plasma and N in the Pokemon League teaming up with one of the 2 Legendary Pokemon.

Tricko

Developing Pokémon Dark Leaf
Years
I would go search for N and meet the Reshiram and Zekrom..I would try to start a pokemon journey with my favourite Poke pals and become the champion of Unova and...FIN...Meet Yancy and marry her......lol

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
It would be a mix at first. I would wake up happy, but at the same time sorely disappointed having not woken up in johto..

But hey, it's still Pokémon so I guess I'd explore the region while I could, beat the gyms, attempt to complete the Pokédex and will fail at it just as all Pokémon games, and all that good stuff. Oh, and I would attempt to get that pass somehow to go catch victini :P

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
Catch a Scraggy and Deino and evolve them. I would then fly all over Unova traveling with Scrafty and Hydreigon! :D I would also love to eat food from Striaton City as well as shop in Castelia (and Shopping Mall Nine).

I'd probably try to get back to the real world though; Unova's nice but real life is just as precious.

Nakala Pri

I'd open a Salon in Castelia, style Bouffalant hair, join Team Plasma, ravish N, play around in his toy room then go to Village Bridge, murder all the Basculin and then go and live in the Nimbasa Ruins with all the other hyper twerps.

I'D STAY FOREVER UNT EVER!

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Rather than follow the trend of Hilbert, Hilda, Cheren, and Bianca, i would want to spend more time fighting off Team Plasma the same way that the Side series protagonists were (Wes and Micheal in their respective games). Because really every kid (or in the case of the 4 Unova protagonists, teenagers) dream is to be a pokemon master sure, but I would love to spend more time fighting criminal syndicates such as Plasma and their misguided mission and ideals than participating in some petty battles.

If there is one thing I loved about Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness is that the protagonists had a clear general mission, FIGHT THE CRIME SYNDICATE plaguing the region. I'd love to have a hero vs villain journey instead of just battling gym leaders and aiming for the pokemon league.

Years
I'd probably be the usual Gym-challenging trainer, but I'd have an adorable Oshawott that always travels outside of its Poke Ball, just like Ash's Pikachu. Once I conquer the region I'd settle for a life in Humilau City and go on a date with Marlon hahahaha.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 28, 2015
Oh man, that would be absolutely amazing! I would definitely stick around and start a journey. I'd train hard with my Pokemon, have fun, make new friends, and if I'm lucky, befriend Reshiram and become the Hero of Truth. But that's a bit of a long shot :P I'd at least do my part to help stop Team Plasma, whether that would be by helping take down the main part of the organization or stopping the grunts from taking people's Pokemon I don't care, just something.

mariomaniac432

Shuckle Master
Years
I'd say, "Dammit! Why couldn't this be Kanto? Or Johto? Or anywhere that's not Unova!?" And then take the next boat trip to anywhere else. Unova was my least favorite region, and I think any of the others would be much more enjoyable to travel. I might stop and catch a Sigilyph first though, because it has one of my favorite designs of all Unova Pokemon.

Back