• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Club Yu-Gi-Oh!

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Haven't looked enough into the Red-Eyes stuff to form an opinion. Lots of people are getting hyped though. Igknights too, sounds like they have a busted combo that'll pretty much be Tier 0 if Konami doesn't step in.

And in regards to the AI decks, that was a little strange lol. I usually test my new decks against Battlin' Boxers, which are decent, but the AI isn't smart enough to go into anything but Lead Yoke. But now I've tested with BWs and Harpies, and the AI's certainly stepped up its game lol.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
Oh, dang. Well now we have a practice dummy of each other, hahaha.

Regarding Igknights, that's typical Konami powercreep for you. xD

Alloute

Cat Burglar
Years
Going back to the Hidden Arsenal topic, I made a Vylon deck in Over the Nexus and the Vylon Sigma OTK is just brutal. Equipping it with Twin Swords of Flashing Light - Tryce while having a Mage Power or two is sure to inflict massive damage if the opponent is left wide open or has an Attack Position monster. I also tried making a Constellar deck in real life, but I need 3 copies of Sombre, 1 more copy of Kaus 2 more copies of Pollux, Omega, Praesepe and 1-2 more copies of Pleiades.

I've never made a Vylon deck even though I have the components for one. Constellars are my favourite Hidden Arsenal archetype though mainly cuz of their artwork and simple mechanics.

Meadow

Years
Has anyone tested out Temple of the Kings yet? That card would've been too good in my Cyber deck if it weren't limited to 1... I guess I'm better off not using it at all if I can't even reliably draw it out.

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
Years
Has anyone tested out Temple of the Kings yet? That card would've been too good in my Cyber deck if it weren't limited to 1... I guess I'm better off not using it at all if I can't even reliably draw it out.

Defiantly don't relly on it too much. I had to seriously refocus my infernity deck when infernity launcher became 1 per deck

Meadow

Years
Yeah, I seem to only get it at the worst possible times now (if at all), so I just took it out completely, haha.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Melodious certainly want to get Chain Material off the first turn it's set so I've been using Temple of the Kings. Hasn't worked out for me yet, but hasn't resulted in any dead draws either (then again, the whole deck is pretty much bad draws lol).

Meadow

Years
Haha, that pretty much describes how things are on my end. It doesn't get too dead, but the problem is that I can't even draw it when I need it, lol.

And just out of curiosity, how broken would Temple be at 2 or even 3? (I'm guessing 3 is broken, but I dunno about 2.)

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Idk, can't really think of too many traps right now that even like to be used first turn. Rit Beasts has a couple, and Scrap-Iron Scarecrow would be pretty funny, and maybe some of the chainable stuff like PWWB or Raigeki Break, but those are used mostly for disruption anyways.

Meadow

Years
Haha, Scrap-Iron Scarecrow would've been so amazing if Temple of the Kings didn't get errata'd.

Speaking of which, why can't they just errata Monster Reborn so that it only summons from your own graveyard?

Last edited:

Zehn

Years
I never understood that lol, seemed a bit OP. Where do you guys watch the anime? I kinda wanna watch the new Arch V

Meadow

Years
I never understood that lol, seemed a bit OP. Where do you guys watch the anime? I kinda wanna watch the new Arch V

I can't give you links because that would be against the rules, but most local anime sites such as Anime Fushigi have ARC-V.

As for Monster Reborn, I wonder what's holding Konami back from giving it an erratum, haha.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I think with Monster Reborn, it's one of those cards that isn't outright broken. It's seen the list, then been off it, whereas most of these errata'd cards are pretty busted. Never really was a fan of the drastic erratas like all the Return of the Bling ones. It just doesn't make sense to go back and change what's already been released, especially when you could just create new cards.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
I don't think Monster Reborn should come back. Idk, with Call of the Haunted, some extent of Dragon Oasis something. And quite a few decks have their own Monster Reborn if you will. Plus its a spell. :P Its not broken, but I don't think its needed.

Zehn

Years
It would be a shame if it was outright banned, since it was quite a nostalgic card, and it got a lot of use in the anime

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'm not sure if anyone's already talked about this, but the rest of the Legendary Dragon/Knight cards used in the second series' Doma Arc will be released in real life.

Here they are:

The Fang of Critias:
(This card is also always treated as "Legendary Dragon Critias".)
Send, from your hand or your side of the field to the Graveyard, 1 Trap Card listed on a Fusion Monster that can only be Special Summoned with "The Fang of Critias" (if that card is Set, reveal it), then Special Summon that Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck. You can only activate 1 "The Fang of Critias" per turn.

Doom Virus Dragon (DARK, Dragon Level 4, 1900/1500):
Must be Special Summoned with "The Fang of Critias" by sending "Crush Card Virus" from your hand or your side of the field to the Graveyard, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. If this card is Special Summoned: Check your opponent's hand, all monsters they control, and all cards they draw until the end of your opponent's 3rd turn after this effect's activation, and destroy all monsters with 1500 or more ATK.

Tyrant Burst Dragon (LIGHT, Dragon, Level 8, 2900/2500)
Must be Special Summoned with "The Fang of Critias" by sending "Tyrant Wing" from your hand or your side of the field to the Graveyard, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each. You can target 1 monster you control; equip this monster on the field to that target. It gains 400 ATK and DEF. The monster equipped with this card by this effect can make up to 3 attacks during each Battle Phase.

Mirror Force Dragon (LIGHT, Dragon, Level 8, 2800/1200)
Must be Special Summoned with "The Fang of Critias" by sending "Mirror Force" from your hand or your side of the field to the Graveyard, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. During either player's turn, when a monster you control is targeted for an attack, or an opponent's card effect: You can destroy all cards your opponent controls.

The Claw of Hermos:
(This card is also always treated as "Legendary Dragon Hermos".)
Send, from your hand or your side of the field to the Graveyard, 1 monster with the same Type as 1 Type listed on a Fusion Monster that can only be Special Summoned with "The Claw of Hermos" (if that card is Set, reveal it), then Special Summon that Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck. You can only activate 1 "The Claw of Hermos" per turn.

Legendary Knight Critias (LIGHT, Warrior, Level 8, 2800/1800):
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned with "Legend of Heart", and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 face-up Spell/Trap Card on the field; banish that target. When this card is targeted for an attack: You can target 1 Trap Card in your Graveyard; Set that target. That Set card can be activated this turn.

Legendary Knight Hermos (same stats as Critias):
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned with "Legend of Heart", and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 face-up Spell/Trap Card on the field; banish that target. Once per turn, when this card is targeted for an attack: You can target 1 Effect Monster in your Graveyard; until your next End Phase, this card's name becomes that monster's, and replace this effect with that monster's original effects.

Timaeus, the Knight of Destiny (LIGHT, Warrior, Level 12, ?/?)
"Legendary Knight Timaeus" + "Legendary Knight Hermos" + "Legendary Knight Critias"
Must be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by sending the above cards you control to the Graveyard, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. (You do not use "Polymerization".) This card is unaffected by other card effects. If this card attacks or is attacked, during damage calculation (in either player's turn): You can activate this effect; this card's ATK and DEF each become equal to the ATK of the monster on the field with the highest ATK (your choice, if tied). When this card is destroyed by battle: You can Special Summon 3 "Legendary Knight" monsters from your hand, Deck, and/or Graveyard, ignoring their Summoning conditions.

So what does everyone here think?

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
I was excited for the Eye of Timeus set that came out earlier, because Dark Magician support lol. These ones could be interested, obviously probably won't see a whole lot of play, probably a few players as a side-side deck. The idea with Critias is interesting though.

Zehn

Years
Wait are there the dragons from the original series season 4 :O I never thought they would be released. now the seal of oricalcos is out as well my life is complete

So.. Does anyone know the rules of having Japanese cards mixed into a deck of English cards?

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Hulu generally has the shows, though I don't think it has Arc-V yet, as it prioritizes the dubbed releases.

But if you want them at a good quality, I'd recommend something like Kissanime. I also use a downloader and a well-known torrent site, but that would actually be against the rules.

In regards to Japanese cards in English decks, it's allowed, but you have to be able to supply the errata for said card in English. I'm relatively sure you can't use cards unreleased in the TCG, though.

Zehn

Years
Damn :/ they just released a new infernity card the other day for Vjump subcribers

Back