• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
Actually I did notice those types, are you thinking of adding them in snakewood.

No, no, they're purely for Keratin. I have a lovely new type-weakness/resistance chart drawn up here, ready for that. But for now: just Snakewood. There is one new type in Snakewood, though - but it's not really that new. You won't have found anything with it yet.

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Is your mini-hack of sorts played with a Ruby-ROM? Cause I seem to have a bit of a problem here:
I start the game, but it displays Opition, New Game, AND Continue, even though I've just started to try the hack out. From there:
1: I select Continue, and it starts me out in Littleroot, where the Prof.'s Lab and my house appears, but can't enter them, May's/Brendan's house isn't there, all the signs can't be read, and the map seems to be based on Snakewood's version of Littleroot. (I'm sorry I have to type this, I don't know how to post images/screenshots to show you what I mean)
2: I select New Game. Everything is fine until the part where the player character is supposed to morph into their sprited form before the game starts. It freezes at that moment.
Please reply; I'm a dedicated follower of your hack, and when I saw in bold letters "Christmas Mini-Hack", I smiled like a kid in candy store. Again, thank you for masterpiece of hacking goodnesss, Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!

Cutlerine

Years
Where is Sundance rock?
I know I asked but I didn't an answer.

Sorry about that. The clue is in the name, but:

Spoiler:

Is your mini-hack of sorts played with a Ruby-ROM? Cause I seem to have a bit of a problem here:
I start the game, but it displays Opition, New Game, AND Continue, even though I've just started to try the hack out. From there:
1: I select Continue, and it starts me out in Littleroot, where the Prof.'s Lab and my house appears, but can't enter them, May's/Brendan's house isn't there, all the signs can't be read, and the map seems to be based on Snakewood's version of Littleroot. (I'm sorry I have to type this, I don't know how to post images/screenshots to show you what I mean)
2: I select New Game. Everything is fine until the part where the player character is supposed to morph into their sprited form before the game starts. It freezes at that moment.
Please reply; I'm a dedicated follower of your hack, and when I saw in bold letters "Christmas Mini-Hack", I smiled like a kid in candy store. Again, thank you for masterpiece of hacking goodnesss, Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!

Oops, forgot to mention that. It's Fire Red - that'll be the problem!

MUDKIPS4LIFE

Hack Player.
Years
Thanks. I've finished the beta and can't wait for the finished game.

Another question the zombie pokemon do they have any strengths or weaknesses? And there's one pokemon sprite I'd like to see edited , Hombeast. It looks the same as Hombone but an extra claw. References made me lol the whole game through.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2011
Does anyone know where to find milotic? Also is that chikorita on the island of calm is catchable,or any other past starter(preferably charmander) for that matter?

Cutlerine

Years
Thanks. I've finished the beta and can't wait for the finished game.

Another question the zombie pokemon do they have any strengths or weaknesses? And there's one pokemon sprite I'd like to see edited , Hombeast. It looks the same as Hombone but an extra claw. References made me lol the whole game through.

Zombiemon have the same strengths and weaknesses as their living counterparts.

As for Hombeast - no changing possible. It's precisely the point that the only change is one extra claw. Read Hombone and Hombeast's Pokédex entries for more information on that.

Does anyone know where to find milotic? Also is that chikorita on the island of calm is catchable,or any other past starter(preferably charmander) for that matter?

The three Kanto starters are all zombies, so you can't get them - but you can catch all three Johto starters. To catch Chikorita, return after you have more badges (I think you need Veracity's badge, or possibly Esau's.)

As for Milotic, you can catch Feebas in the old-fashioned way, by trial and error on Route 119, or you can catch it in the Lilycove Sewers. However, you can't evolve it until you reach Gym Island, which you can't get to yet as it's Snakewood's equivalent of the Battle Frontier, and won't be implemented until after the main storyline. On that island, there will be a contest hall, and you'll be able to make Pokéblocks to evolve Feebas there.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
Well, after another stint of boredom, I decided to go exploring old areas with the walk thru walls code. I managed to go to the Abandoned Ship and recovered the Mystery Caller's item, which had some interesting results when I handed it over. After that, I wandered Madio Cave and found an area that wasnt finished, which also gave me an interesting result from snooping....

Cutlerine

Years
Well, after another stint of boredom, I decided to go exploring old areas with the walk thru walls code. I managed to go to the Abandoned Ship and recovered the Mystery Caller's item, which had some interesting results when I handed it over. After that, I wandered Madio Cave and found an area that wasnt finished, which also gave me an interesting result from snooping....

Ah yes, the Abandoned Ship. I haven't got around to doing any of it yet; it's going to receive a complete overhaul and a change of name to the Shipwreck. It won't be nearly as easy to obtain the strange, conical item when I'm done with it...

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
Wow awesome hack.
But I can't find the sundance rock. I've been searching for a while now. Can someone please help

Cutlerine

Years
Wow awesome hack.
But I can't find the sundance rock. I've been searching for a while now. Can someone please help

You need to read signposts more often. When you went to find out what was in Solar Caverns, you ought to have passed a sign that pointed you in the right direction...

Oh, damn it! Just realised that all the mining rocks are broken, aren't they? You can mine them without a Miner Doll, and if you get a Leaf Stone you get an item called ?????? instead.

I'll have that fixed at once!

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
You need to read signposts more often. When you went to find out what was in Solar Caverns, you ought to have passed a sign that pointed you in the right direction...

Oh, damn it! Just realised that all the mining rocks are broken, aren't they? You can mine them without a Miner Doll, and if you get a Leaf Stone you get an item called ?????? instead.

I'll have that fixed at once!
WAIT....WE CAN MINE!?! AWESOME CUTLERINE!!

Cutlerine

Years
WAIT....WE CAN MINE!?! AWESOME CUTLERINE!!

Don't get too excited. It isn't like mining in Sinnoh - in fact, it's not much like mining at all.
The blue rocks in the Abandoned Mine can be mined for certain objects. But please don't use them yet - they're broken and I'm getting around to fixing them.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
Ah yes, the Abandoned Ship. I haven't got around to doing any of it yet; it's going to receive a complete overhaul and a change of name to the Shipwreck. It won't be nearly as easy to obtain the strange, conical item when I'm done with it...
I suspect the Madio Cave area I mentioned will be a very late game feature.

Cutlerine

Years
I suspect the Madio Cave area I mentioned will be a very late game feature.

If you discovered what I think you did, I would love to have seen your face when you ended up there. The map is huge, and it won't be done for ages, since there's basically an alternate ending to the whole storyline in there. Seriously.

At the moment, though, there are no people/signs/anything there at all. Must be fairly spooky, wandering around that place - also fairly confusing, as there isn't any explanation for any of the weird things there.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
If you discovered what I think you did, I would love to have seen your face when you ended up there. The map is huge, and it won't be done for ages, since there's basically an alternate ending to the whole storyline in there. Seriously.

At the moment, though, there are no people/signs/anything there at all. Must be fairly spooky, wandering around that place - also fairly confusing, as there isn't any explanation for any of the weird things there.
I discovered the water area that took me to a large misty city area...I didnt encounter much of anything in there. I was a little freaked out, but nothing serious. I also managed to find some interesting Pokedex entries and caught a new Madio. I cant wait to start training him. Snakewood's shaping up to be a really great game...

Cutlerine

Years
I discovered the water area that took me to a large misty city area...I didnt encounter much of anything in there. I was a little freaked out, but nothing serious. I also managed to find some interesting Pokedex entries and caught a new Madio. I cant wait to start training him. Snakewood's shaping up to be a really great game...

Whose entries might they be? And was this the one Madio that can do something special, that no other Madio can do? Because one Madio can do that, you know - he can actually turn into a normal, mostly useful Pokémon.

Hey, Cutlerine... Just a quick question before I continue training up something that may or may not be crap... Does Secretegg/Mysteryegg still evolve like before or not?

Raaxon, the Mysteryegg line still evolves as it did before. Nothing has changed there. Mysteryegg>Secretegg>Hyperegg>Your choice.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
Whose entries might they be? And was this the one Madio that can do something special, that no other Madio can do? Because one Madio can do that, you know - he can actually turn into a normal, mostly useful Pokémon.
For the Madio, it's Burstmadio. Ive never seen him before and the thing he can do special is evolve into another Madio. For the Dex entries, there's the entries for National Dex entries 13-15, 49, 51, 83, 150 & 151, 175, 189, and finally 272.

EDIT: I also found two small areas that are already wetting my appetite for the final game. Both are close to Fort Draco.

Last edited:

XDragonRiderX

Time flies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2021
How do I get past the invisible object the out of Fortree City? I WTW into Fortree City. Was I supposed to go from the bottom up to get to Fortree city legitly?

Back