• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

PennyLane

The Best, Like No One Ever Was
Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2014
Hello! Just started playing.

I defeated Brock the first time around only to be approached by Flint about how to beat Brock. What's up with that?

Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2013
I'm having a lot of trouble...
i am trying to get beta 4.1
i got it.
My ips file is downloaded and firered is to.
Firered is clean.
i apply the patch and it does not work.
Can any one help to make it work?

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
I'm having a lot of trouble...
i am trying to get beta 4.1
i got it.
My ips file is downloaded and firered is to.
Firered is clean.
i apply the patch and it does not work.
Can any one help to make it work?
You are either using the wrong type of rom and you need to set up the save type to 128K. Will it kill anybody to search before asking?

Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2013
You are either using the wrong type of rom and you need to set up the save type to 128K. Will it kill anybody to search before asking?

I have actually used his hacks previously i just am having trouble i have tried setting it to 128 on VBA i am using windows is the ips supposed to show the IPS symbol of bot a moon and a heart?

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
I have actually used his hacks previously i just am having trouble i have tried setting it to 128 on VBA i am using windows is the ips supposed to show the IPS symbol of bot a moon and a heart?
The icon of the ips file does not matter as long as you got it from this site and is an IPS file. Do you have the right firered 1.0 rom?

Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2013
Yes i downloaded the file from coolrom then the 4.1 beta form here but i was wondering would the patch also work if i do it over the other ash gray hack that i have?
Btw when i use the ips i first open lunar ips then the pkmn agbeta4.1 then pokemon firered clean from coolrom

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2016
I just got the 4.1 patch and when I try to go into the pokecenter on Valencia Island my screen goes black and freezes, so I just bypass that and then after I leave Valencia and the blimp crashes on the island, I go into the building after that couple comes out and the game freezes. Does anyone else have this problem? Or anyone know how to fix it?

Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2013
Could you help me get the game to run i could possibly help as i beta test a lot.

Just need to know how to patch it.

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2016
On mine I just opened up the 4.1 ips file then applied it to the Ash Gray GBA file and it worked for me

Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2013
it requires 1.0 right?? for fire red?

does the gba file come with it or is it a previous file?

Years
Since I've not lost to Ritchie the Pallet Party Panic event hasn't started yet. So I guess I has something to do with that. I tried losing to Lorelei and then I was able to start the Pallet Party Panic event. So I guess I would be possible then to win the blimp ride..

But I actually want to beat the E4 and champion first, so I guess I'll just have some more training to do...
ave your game before battling Richie. Make a backup for it and play with it. In this way you can catch both events where you beated the league or lost to Richie and trigger the Pallet Party Panic event.

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2016
I just downloaded fire red 1.0, is there a way to get my previous save files to work on it? My previous saves are from ash gray 3.61

Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2014
I just got the 4.1 patch and when I try to go into the pokecenter on Valencia Island my screen goes black and freezes, so I just bypass that and then after I leave Valencia and the blimp crashes on the island, I go into the building after that couple comes out and the game freezes. Does anyone else have this problem? Or anyone know how to fix it?

I ran into this exact problem. I blackscreened at the pokecenter on the Island several times. I also bypassed it and got through the next blimp. Once I entered the building the couple comes out of, my game freezes as well.

I'm excited to play with the next patch. This game is way better than any of the "actual" games that have been made.

Jésrøñ bans

Dreams come true.....
Years
I'm asking this question for the third time.
Whenever I enter a pokecenter in valencia island the screen turns black n I can't do anything.
Even can't continue the journey.
I hope i get a reply this time.

Servine7

grass type lover
Years
hey guys! I'm proud to say that metapod,ashketchum24,my friends and the love of the anime inspired me to make a game of the johto events! thanks to you guys i mentioned! i won't disappoint!

Back