• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2015
@Ash it froze after ash left the place i did not talk to entei

:( i saved pretty far away

lv 40 shelgon,swampert,elektrik,blastoise,venasaur,accelgor

And btw do u have any better darmanitan back sprites mine looks horrible and it's fire type moves suck =/

Last edited by a moderator:

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years

And btw do u have any better darmanitan back sprites mine looks horrible and it's fire type moves suck =/

Have you used the latest patch?

Those errors you found today will know be fixed! :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2012
Tajaros do you have to start over for the patch to work? My entei event still isn't working at the end I have a save before I enter the entei cave and it still shows that it has been done already when I enter. ps. I tried to continue on and a certain special event after you battle someone in the next town isn't working either. This is after I patched it with the new fixes. I can try restarting, but do you know anything I can try before I do?

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Tajaros do you have to start over for the patch to work? My entei event still isn't working at the end I have a save before I enter the entei cave and it still shows that it has been done already when I enter. ps. I tried to continue on and a certain special event after you battle someone in the next town isn't working either. This is after I patched it with the new fixes. I can try restarting, but do you know anything I can try before I do?

Well my advice is to restart cause I have them working on the newer pacth... :)

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013

Darmanitan's Fire-type moves suck because without the Physical/Special split, all Fire-type moves are special. Darmanitan also has a terrible special attack of 30 (For reference, that's about 2/3rds of Igglybuff's S.ATK.) There are two ways DRG can remedy this. Either by implementing the split and giving Darmanitan moves such as Flame Wheel and Fire Punch, or by implementing its Zen Mode (Which has a whopping S.ATK of 140.)

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2022
I finished beta and here my team ^^ ( I'm not using Victini xD )

i2ucqs.png

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Darmanitan's Fire-type moves suck because without the Physical/Special split, all Fire-type moves are special. Darmanitan also has a terrible special attack of 30 (For reference, that's about 2/3rds of Igglybuff's S.ATK.) There are two ways DRG can remedy this. Either by implementing the split and giving Darmanitan moves such as Flame Wheel and Fire Punch, or by implementing its Zen Mode (Which has a whopping S.ATK of 140.)
Gotta agree with implementing Zen Mode or Zen Mode stats =)
But I don't really mind since Volcarona and Victini are better fire types =)

I finished beta and here my team ^^ ( I'm not using Victini xD )

i2ucqs.png
Poor Victini :D

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Ok, guys here's another update, With all the errors you pointed out in the latest patch... :)

View attachment 65557 Again pick the HEROINE!! xD

Also the backsprite and trainer card of the Male (Hero) character is not yet fixed but I will fixed them eventually... :) So pick the Heroine for safety... :)

Well just notify me of errors... :)

Last edited:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Hey Everyone, I uploaded the newest patch to the main post. Tajaros re-did all of the scripts that weren't working properly and I inserted a few new trainer sprites. Also, the Hero is safe to pick now as his backsprite is fixed again. We're still waiting for Jambo51 to teach us how to repoint the trainer card sprite, but for now, the latest fixes are in the main post.

Tajaros is still in charge of the thread til I return later this week. When I do, progress on Beta 2 will begin now that the most important errors are fixed. Tajaros also added small improvements on maps in Beta1 as well which are in the update on the main post. Enjoy, Everyone!

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@_KingKevin13

Download WinRAR or any other extracting program and extract the rar to get the ips. Every hack on this website requires you to do so.

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2012
I think there are a bit too many bugs at the moment to warrant but i may try it our later. What is the rom i hav to use to patch it?

whoops never mind i saw the title :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
Some more criticism and what could be improved for the next beta:

*OW Sprites seem to be from several different games (I see some from RSE, some from FRLG, and some from even later gens.) Try to keep all sprites the same style, they aesthetically clash with each other if they all have different styles.

*Many Goons/Grunts seem to be just the already-placed trainers with their sprite edited. This causes some problems as not only do they not disappear after the major event is over, but they also keep their old text (Which often is highly inappropriate to the current situation.)

*Conrap(sp?), the fakemon really needs to have its sprite revamped. Not to mention that most characters right now only have recolored sprites. This destroys DR's uniqueness. I'd recommend finding a spriter.

*Maps. The mapping quality is pretty... bad, to tell the truth. Either the maps tend to be FRLG's default maps(Such as the Water Caverns) or they are quite bland(Such as Volaire Forest.)

*The level curve is sort of wonky. At the beginning, it was fine, possibly even too easy. After the second gym, the storyline opponent's Pokemons tend to be over 10 levels of your party, which means the player will often have to grind a lot. I recommend adding more trainers in areas such as the Battle Cave.

DiamondBlueMoon

The powerful Tyranitar
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 1, 2017
I have a suggestion: Why don't you use this as the Arceus introduction sprite?
arceus.png

It would be more face2face talking

And tajaros, would you mind typing in normal font, not the black one please, cause some of us might be using the black style :)

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
I have a suggestion: Why don't you use this as the Arceus introduction sprite?
arceus.png

It would be more face2face talking

And tajaros, would you mind typing in normal font, not the black one please, cause some of us might be using the black style :)

Uhh, you know what it's not easy resizing a picture in that size... xD

And what do you mean normal font? black font? Were all using black letters here...

Back