• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
Hey. Firstly, I have been playing snakewood for a few days now, and I'm really addicted. Its really good.

However, I have encountered a problem. I have just made it to Pacifidlog Town and have been told to challenge the gym, but, I cant find it. Either I'm having a derp moment, or my game is glitched.

I have looked all around the Town, but there is no gym. I surfed to the cave above the Town, but its being blocked by someone. I also found an old guy that looked like he could have something to do with the gym when surfing through the currents to the left, but when I talk to him he glitches out saving only "E"s.

Please can someone help me. I'm really enjoying this game and I want to get on and finish it.

Thanks for your time - ObviouslyLag

Note; I would post some pictures for you, but I have made less than 15 posts so I am unable to.

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Hey. Firstly, I have been playing snakewood for a few days now, and I'm really addicted. Its really good.

However, I have encountered a problem. I have just made it to Pacifidlog Town and have been told to challenge the gym, but, I cant find it. Either I'm having a derp moment, or my game is glitched.

I have looked all around the Town, but there is no gym. I surfed to the cave above the Town, but its being blocked by someone. I also found an old guy that looked like he could have something to do with the gym when surfing through the currents to the left, but when I talk to him he glitches out saving only "E"s.

Please can someone help me. I'm really enjoying this game and I want to get on and finish it.

Thanks for your time - ObviouslyLag

Note; I would post some pictures for you, but I have made less than 15 posts so I am unable to.
The "cave" you just mentioned is the gym,and there ought to be nobody blocking your way(There's nobody near the cave),the gym leader,ESAU,hide in the mirror in the ending of the gym,you can only make him appear by offering him a RED STEW,I don't know why those things happened to you,maybe you should try the newest version(the current version in the thread),you might be playing an older version,so the bugs may exists...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
The "cave" you just mentioned is the gym,and there ought to be nobody blocking your way(There's nobody near the cave),the gym leader,ESAU,hide in the mirror in the ending of the gym,you can only make him appear by offering him a RED STEW,I don't know why those things happened to you,maybe you should try the newest version(the current version in the thread),you might be playing an older version,so the bugs may exists[.]

Yeah, I think I am playing an older version. Thanks for that man. Also, do you know if my save will still work on the newer version? My guess is that it wont.

Edit: My save did work. Awesome!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2012
Hi, I got Pokemon Snakewood a while ago. What do I do? I got a critical hit on Roclobster and killed him. D: But I want to be able to get to Gym Island.

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2012
Help!!! I just beat the man in the gym in Mauville and he dropped a tm but not a badge and I don't have rock smash either! What do I do now?

monos89

Unskilled Veteran Trainer
Years
Help!!! I just beat the man in the gym in Mauville and he dropped a tm but not a badge and I don't have rock smash either! What do I do now?

Go to the gym, you get one of them in there. Can't remember which, memory sucks a bit. After that you go to the Isle of something, below Mauville

Question, the update that was released recently, how complete is the game? Was that just a bug fix, or is the game still somewhat under construction?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 20, 2012
Okay this is driving me crazy, I beat the pokemon league and went to gym island but for some reason there are zombies blocking the way to the sewers so I can't continue in the story and I don't know what to do... help please?

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2013
I know that this has been asked alot, but how do I use the bugfix? I downloaded it and it was in a rar file, with the .ips...Then what do I do? Is that the new file I should play from or do I have to combine my two files? Also, (and im sure this is stupid to ask) if I do switch, will it erase my saves?...Just making sure... Thanks ^ ^

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2012
How do you get the National Dex?
Is it possible to get to Gym Island using Walktrhough walls Code?
How do you get through the holes in Sundance Rock?

Please someone help me D:

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
Guys, I have a few questions/requests so far. If you can't fulfill them all, atleast help please :)

1. Hyperegg's atacks don't have many pp (water spout, egg bomb, eruption). Is there any other moveset for him? That works well

2. If not, which evolution would be the best for him? Is unown that good? What moveset would suit unown?

3. What level does linoone evolve into dragoone? And quilfish to quilshark?
What would be the best movesets for each of them?

4. Does anyone have pictures of most of the fakemon in the game? I'd like to see them and make a team, cause I've just save Meteor's daughter and my only decent pokémon are Hyperegg and Claydol, and they seem really weak and insufficient

I think that's it, thanks! :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2013
Stuck on the faceleech mystery. Maybe I'm looking at your previous hints the wrong way? Something about the 'r' in THAT POKEMON? Two more? I'll try some attacks, but let me know if I'm shooting in the dark.

edit: oh! I see. The two are related! Gottcha!

Last edited:
Years
I know that this has been asked alot, but how do I use the bugfix? I downloaded it and it was in a rar file, with the .ips...Then what do I do? Is that the new file I should play from or do I have to combine my two files? Also, (and im sure this is stupid to ask) if I do switch, will it erase my saves?...Just making sure... Thanks ^ ^
I just renamed the new ips to what the rom/old ips was and overwrote the old one. It didn't affect my save at all :)

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
How do you get the National Dex?
Is it possible to get to Gym Island using Walktrhough walls Code?
How do you get through the holes in Sundance Rock?

Please someone help me D:

Hi :D
I can answer one out of your three ^^
To get past sundance rock's hole.. use the bike! (Yellow Vesper)..The trick is to let it gain speed (like how you climb up the mudslide) i.e move back and go..
And do not stop before you exit the cracks.. you have to do in one time go.. even if you have to turn, do it in one go, once you stop you fall..

Back