• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years

EDIT 2: Okay, forget about it. It can't be fixed on mine, but I dodged it. Decided to just use the WTW code and get through that part. I finally managed to finish the Beta, but there were more bugged trainers, same problem, and the battle with Gold is included. As I said, forget about it, because nobody else seems to have such a problem. But, if you want to look into it, I could message you something to help.
Pretty weird ROM you have there...
You can send it to me... I can at least check it.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2016
found a glitch

if you beat pkemon trainer lunick he goes away right?
If you go back to the beginning and then go back to the place you battled him you fight him again only hes invisible xD

(Sorry for bad english)

Oh and you get the good rod again..
And you have to fight gold again.. o.O

Xenoblade

needs a banner. PM me please!
Years
if you beat pkemon trainer lunick he goes away right?
If you go back to the beginning and then go back to the place you battled him you fight him again only hes invisible xD

(Sorry for bad english)

Oh and you get the good rod again..
And you have to fight gold again.. o.O

Okay, you've admitted for the bad English, but even I couldn't understand much of that. There's only a couple of things I can say to that:

For the Lunick thing, it was a little hard to understand, but apparently it doesn't seem that bad of a glitch.
For the Good Rod...I have no idea what you're talking about...
And for fighting Gold again, is this after facing Lunick again, as you said you can? If not, is it just some random repeating event that has nothing to do with facing Lunick again (Can you do that more than twice) ? If none of those follow it, then it's completely natural to face Gold again, as he is a recurring character.

Ash493: Okay, I sent you something. If you need anything else, I can provide (Including screenshots, video, anything you need). Let me know!

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2016
Okay, you've admitted for the bad English, but even I couldn't understand much of that. There's only a couple of things I can say to that:

For the Lunick thing, it was a little hard to understand, but apparently it doesn't seem that bad of a glitch.
For the Good Rod...I have no idea what you're talking about...
And for fighting Gold again, is this after facing Lunick again, as you said you can? If not, is it just some random repeating event that has nothing to do with facing Lunick again (Can you do that more than twice) ? If none of those follow it, then it's completely natural to face Gold again, as he is a recurring character.

Ash493: Okay, I sent you something. If you need anything else, I can provide (Including screenshots, video, anything you need). Let me know!

Allright sorry for my brothers bad english (not that mine is good).
Its on the same place, he battles gold again only you cant see gold he's invisible.

Xenoblade

Years
Yep I know... If you could make some videos about those glitches.

Okay, I'll make some detailing the people that are bugged.

Allright sorry for my brothers bad english (not that mine is good).
Its on the same place, he battles gold again only you cant see gold he's invisible.

Hmm...I know this might seem like a silly question, but does it directly affect normal gameplay, or is it an option to go and do that? If it affects the gameplay, if you could send something in like a video, like what I'm doing, they could check up on it. Don't forget to also send in some information involving the ROM!

Here's some instructions to taking videos with the VBA:

Open the VBA, and load your ROM
Get to the point where you want to start taking the video
Go under Tools > Record > Start AVI recording...
Go through up to the point you want to stop your video
Go back up to Tools > Record > Stop AVI recording...
Next, go under the option "Play" in the same area and start playing the video in order to check it over. If it doesn't seem too good, go back through what you just did and record a new one.

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2017
I've been following this thread on and off for a long time now and I was wondering if the white screen problem has been sloved i tried many links but i just never get it to work on my psp pr pc id prefer to play it on my psp but if pc is the only way then thats ok i just wanna experience this myself... so can anyone help?

Trainer Ninja

Master of all games
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2010
I've been following this thread on and off for a long time now and I was wondering if the white screen problem has been sloved i tried many links but i just never get it to work on my psp pr pc id prefer to play it on my psp but if pc is the only way then thats ok i just wanna experience this myself... so can anyone help?

I downloaded this patch recently, and didn't have any white screen problem so they probably fixed that a long time ago.

Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2014
I just downloaded and got white screen, found it on another site and got it. Theres something wrong with this site too, I can't download anything from any forum, it just says file not found. Also, can you make the next update to where pokemon dont appear every 2 steps?

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2011
hello,i have a problem.when i patch ruby whith light platinum, it comes up whith a white screen. anyone know how to fix it?

Trainer Ninja

Master of all games
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2010
Are you guys downloading the old beta 3 or something? Because in the new one the monsters don't appear in every 2 steps.

Xenoblade

Years

See what I say below...

I just downloaded and got white screen, found it on another site and got it. Theres something wrong with this site too, I can't download anything from any forum, it just says file not found. Also, can you make the next update to where pokemon dont appear every 2 steps?

See what I say below...

hello,i have a problem.when i patch ruby whith light platinum, it comes up whith a white screen. anyone know how to fix it?

See what I say below...

Okay everyone, listen up. Now, you claim you are getting a "white screen" which is normal for a just downloaded VBA. Another one of you said something about using a "psp or pc." IT ONLY WORKS PROPERLY WITH A VBA ON A PC! Now, for the rest of you, follow these instructions. Next time, please read the previous pages, like I did to be caught up on all of this, and do everything they say on fixing this problem, we've all helped people several times.

TO FIX THE "WHITE SCREEN" PROBLEM:

1. Download the VBA on the first page of this thread.
2. Download the suggested v1.0 Ruby ROM (Google it).
3. Download the English Beta 2 patch on the first page.
4. Double click on the IPS file and then find your ROM in the new window.
5. Double click on the ROM. A window will pop-up saying it's patched.
6. Open the ROM in the VBA.
7. On the VBA, go under Options > Emulator > Save Type > 128K.
8. Play through the game, and if any other problems are encountered, re-patch the ROM up to three times. If it is still having problems, report it on this thread describing the exact problem and send a video (Instructions are in one of my previous posts) to either me or Ash493. We'll try to help you fix it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2010
i cant get the game to start it just stays at a black screen... im using gpsphone (ipod touch) and this is the only hack from this site that dosent work

EDIT nvmn i saw u said only pc

Last edited:

Xenoblade

Years
i cant get the game to start it just stays at a black screen... im using gpsphone (ipod touch) and this is the only hack from this site that dosent work

EDIT nvmn i saw u said only pc

Okay, thank you for noticing that. Now, you say it's a black screen, not white? Are you using a VBA on your iPod Touch? (Is that possible?)
If so, refer to the things above, try it out, and if it doesn't work post again and please provide a detailed description of the problem.

Steeldude

Ace Trainer
Years
Xenoblade: too much, don't you think?

"everyone's final warning"? who do you think you are? an admin? you think that just because you joined the translation team you can insult others? think about yourself.

I repeat: I understand, but you could have said that normally. You didn't have to be so rude.

06suhmah

DesTROYeR7861
Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2015
i still get the white screen on beta 2 english, ive tried all the settings, flash 128, 64, etc.
everything,
but no luck,,
plz some1 help me!

Trainer Ninja

Master of all games
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2010
i still get the white screen on beta 2 english, ive tried all the settings, flash 128, 64, etc.
everything,
but no luck,,
plz some1 help me!

Your using the Visual boy advance right? If it doesn't work on that just download No$gba and chk this video out after:

Then search on youtube how to fix white screen or something.

Back