• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Spiralmask

compulsive devil's advocate
Years
You just patched wrong ROM.
You need Ruby ROM v1.0.

Spiral : Please show us some grammar errors =) I don't like people who just say "there are errors etc.." =) Show us some so we can fix them and know what should we avoid next time =)
No problem, I'll edit some screenshots into this post when I get back on--I'm off to bed for now, since it's been near 48 hours since I last slept (mostly spent on a godawful class project, but whatever helps the grades, right?) .

Okay, I'm back. I started a new file on the hack to take some screenshots (I stopped when you choose a pokemon from professor jasmine's suitcase) and I've got almost 30 screenshots from just the intro scenes alone, however, I can't post the screenshots until I get 15 or more posts here, so they'll have to wait a while.

here's a few other notes (it's a bit wordy and mostly small nitpicks, so don't take this too hard, okay?) -
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
and for some reason, the site keeps splitting the spoiler into two, despite my repeated attempts to correct it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2016
hey..cud some1 make a walkthrough pls?im stuck at dust city place,the city with ghost..its like the way down is a bug???i cant pass through it..i dont know wat to do...

darthfader

Pokemon Trainer RED
Years
ouch..if the beta is updated to beta 3...can i still download my current save file?

I don't know. I'm not sure. But starting a new game is better. You will enjoy all the changes and avoid the bugs in beta 2. :D

I really anticipate the release of the next beta. Pokemon Light Platinum is the best Pokemon hack ever!!

Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2016
yah ur ryt!!!thanks..i cant w8 for the final release...i wish beta 3 wont end somewer like this beta2...i want the final..haahahah

INV

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2017
I got a problem
I patched the game in ruby and everything was fine,but when i opened it in emulator the screen became completely white,how do i fix it?
i dont know if thats matters but i downloaded beta 2 full english

darthfader

Pokemon Trainer RED
Years
I got a problem
I patched the game in ruby and everything was fine,but when i opened it in emulator the screen became completely white,how do i fix it?

its either your Ruby ROM is not clean US version or your emulator is not set at Options>Emulator>Show Save Type> Flash 128k

Hope that helps..

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I got a problem
My my... read previous posts ;)

ouch..if the beta is updated to beta 3...can i still download my current save file?
I don't really know what do you mean by download but you can use your save file in new beta.

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
I saw your post,but what do you mean by rom v.1?
There are different versions of some roms like firered and leafgreen, but I think for this hack it is just necessary to use the right language since there is only (to my knowledge) V.1.0 for r/s/e.

INV

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2017
so there's still a problem...
i patched the USA version of ruby and it was clear,is there any chance someone PM me the download of v.1?

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2010
Guys, im making a save in the pokemon light platinum but when i enter in the tv station and was about to fight with hunter zero(i was almost entering on the room) , my game "crashed" and my char stopped, and hunter zero transformed on my char and i had my original one stopped outside of the room (i can only control the second one and i cant leave the room)...
Can someone help me , resolving this ? or sharing a save more or less in this part of the game ?
Please !!

INV

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2017
i know that problem,just get in the game again and try not to do the same steps you did last time
save a second before entering

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2010
If i play my save in the beta 2, the crash its fixed or shall i want for the new beta ? (date for it?)

zhero15

The Beginner
Years
Mr.Wes said that there will no new betas that will be release because the next one will be the final/full version of the hack(that is what i know). So its gonna be quite a while for the release to come.

Darkmoonazara

Dousuta Sora? Mou Ariga?
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2011
huh... the file patch won't work for me... and I downloaded various versions of the Ruby rom to try, but... VBA just has a white screen...

Back