• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
No in Fire Red if a legendary beast used Roar on you it disappeared forever and became uncatchable...is it still the case in Liquid Cristal in case I get roared by Entei or Raikou...

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
No in Fire Red if a legendary beast used Roar on you it disappeared forever and became uncatchable...is it still the case in Liquid Cristal in case I get roared by Entei or Raikou...

Thats a very good question. I remember testing that if you ran away manually then you could rebattle them. Perhaps thats the same effect as if they use Roar.

R3D X

Dark Robin
Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2012
EXP Issue

okay @Jambo exp issue is still there. I know it's real now because I started a game cause my save broke. I'm playing on gameboid android emu. No cheats enabled. The first fight is cyandiqual (5) vs totodile (7) After winning I gained 5038 leveled up 14 times and evolved. I just stopped playing after that.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
Why don't I have this issue ? My exp is normal but I use the LC prepared emulator...

I fought a Level 7 Weedle with my level 16 Growlithe and received 34 Exp points...

linkandzelda

Years
okay @Jambo exp issue is still there. I know it's real now because I started a game cause my save broke. I'm playing on gameboid android emu. No cheats enabled. The first fight is cyandiqual (5) vs totodile (7) After winning I gained 5038 leveled up 14 times and evolved. I just stopped playing after that.

I can confirm his is true I was just able to reproduce it straight away on Gameboid. Battled a level 2 piggy with a level 5 totodile. Got 768 exp and went to level 11.

Why don't I have this issue ? My exp is normal but I use the LC prepared emulator...

I fought a Level 7 Weedle with my level 16 Growlithe and received 34 Exp points...

Seems that the cause is all emulators that use the gab_bios.bin file, such as Gameboid.

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Hey LaZ I read your previous posts about updating to the live beta without restarting but I'm really confused I have Lunar Ips and I play Liquid Crystal on GpS phone it plays games in .gba format and it's save states are in .svs format I've transferred the file to my computer but whenever I patch it the game starts completely over. How do I send the file to my computer without losing my game and patch the file. Please help... Sorry if I'm being annoying haha:)

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Thank God. I already had a level 52 Typloshion :P

Do you know what actually caused it?
Software Interrupt 0x8 (Better known as Square Root) operates differently in the emulator I designed the routine for than what it does in the real GBA BIOS.

On VBA, it only overwrites R0, which meant when designing the routine, I only pushed R0.

However, with the real GBA BIOS, it overwrites R0 AND R1. And since I was only pushing and popping R0, the value in R1 was being overwritten with a massive garbage number.

I'm really sorry that it took us that long to find it, but who'd have suspected that the BIOS was to blame? I know it was my lack of push which caused it, but as I explained, on VBA, the push was unnecessary.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2023
Just wanted to report a bug without the whiny attitude.

As I entered the Elite Four, the game didn't walk me to Lorelei (as it does with all the others), thus I am stuck and cannot move. I used walk through walls to be able to fight her. It only happened on this one.

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2015
I have been playing this hack for a while now
it's really beautiful and well done. And I see that there a few new hidden places which is cool. I already found blue, white, yellow and red flutes
I guess there's more? :D and I found this house which is locked with expensive lock I wounder what's in it?. I really enjoyed every second. I caught all three legendary dogs, Ho-oH and latios. And I see you can find all three starters that's nice. About bugs I faced the teleport bug but it's already reported.
Another bug/glitch is this which is in (Dark Cave) coming from route 45 (after entering go right then surf then left )

1.png

after using rock smash you still can't get through i guess there is something wrong with the movement permissions. Tile errors didn't bother me and If remember other bugs I'll post them. Thanks for the incredible hack.

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Years
Just wanted to report a bug without the whiny attitude.

As I entered the Elite Four, the game didn't walk me to Lorelei (as it does with all the others), thus I am stuck and cannot move. I used walk through walls to be able to fight her. It only happened on this one.

Thanks, but I thought I fixed that in the latest Live Beta. Please download it again and see. If it still won't work, i'll look into it further. And I think it's Will?

LAZ when we can expect next orange island in live beta ?

You can expect them yea, just no idea when lol. I'll do the Cave of Wisdom next though.

I have been playing this hack for a while now
it's really beautiful and well done. And I see that there a few new hidden places which is cool. I already found blue, white, yellow and red flutes
I guess there's more? :D and I found this house which is locked with expensive lock I wounder what's in it?. I really enjoyed every second. I caught all three legendary dogs, Ho-oH and latios. And I see you can find all three starters that's nice. About bugs I faced the teleport bug but it's already reported.
Another bug/glitch is this which is in (Dark Cave) coming from route 45 (after entering go right then surf then left )

1.png

after using rock smash you still can't get through i guess there is something wrong with the movement permissions. Tile errors didn't bother me and If remember other bugs I'll post them. Thanks for the incredible hack.

Thanks for that bug, I fixed the permission error.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Ok, this locked house is also puzzling me to no end (the one with the "expensive" looking lock)! Is there a way to unlock it in this beta or is the event still unfinished? Also what's up with these new and mysterious looking items (DNA in Cerulean Cave, Ruby, Sapphire)? I'll be really glad if someone can answer me.

where can i find snorlax and eevee?

To get Eevee, u must talk to Bill in Ecruteak City Pokecentre and then go to his house in Goldenrod (it's down the lane near the Game corner). He'll give u an Eevee.

I also think I had encountered wild Eevee in Saturn hideout in dragon's den.

And Snorlax is sleeping near Vermilion. Complete the Lavender radio tower quest and go back to the Johto radio tower to get something that'd wake him up.

Last edited:
Years
Again the same problem. I captured a lv.8 shiny Pidgey and was playing until it reaches the lv.11. Then he stopped to obey, before this happened to my starting pokemon.

It's a bug or a problem in programming?

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2023
ufk0e.png

Lance told me i was done before all three electrode were KO'd

kMj2w.png

HQdFj.png

8Jmjg.png

nynlp.png

X3tdr.png

This is when you travel back in time.

UROnK.png

Thats not Dratini

vjOPQ.png

8OByA.png

the square looks funny after uses whirlpool

LaIQd.png

I hve no idea what this is.

Ofiax.png

Might want to change this a bit so that the currents force the player to follow along. the one that travels right doesn't force him up

CGKoz.png

FL8zq.png

p4yTS.png

ZIWe0.png

idkcZ.png

JS9qL.png

Ykq5w.png

1ukUH.png

What happened was that i got to latias and latios and decided i need more ultra balls i escape rope out of there, got the balls and went back. When i entered he was already at the entrance and started the dialog as if i had already defeated Latios. I then got dragon breath. Then i went down and fought Latios. He was back at the entrance when i caught latios with the same dialog

Back